Sign in to follow this  
Treena

Chi Cards

I think I remember briefly glimpsing through the chi card section on the online shops. I just thought they were just there to make money...

what are they supposed to do?

I don't know about the whole dodgy practice aspect but, generally, I wouldn't bother with the cards.

I have a number of books which I only read as a reference to what my teachers have recently told me.

Is there not anyone who can show you things personally? I understand it is a bit harder if you cannot find someone to train with but I don't think the chi cards will solve the problem for you.

The cards suppliment the other learning, which ism ore specific, but will definetly help you if you have a foundation. I definetly support your checking out the cards, they will help make you very proficient in advanced Taoist meditation. Why are people raggiing on Mantak Chia? yes some of the books are edited poorly and that is unacceptable but I accepted it - blame it on evil babylon. Chia rocks! :lol:

Anyone want to diss Chia? Yes his teachings take too long to study and are too expensive, but other than that he is the only one teaching them, these advance formulas.

Please don't get me wrong, I have very good teachers. I am working with the real deal.

But I also know that the healing smile is a good practice, too. I see the cards as a summary of many of the 'standard' chi kung practices out there.

What I want to know is if they are well edited and worth their price.

I purchased one set (can't remember which) and didn't find it helpful. I cannot recall the editing one way or another - I know some of his books have been poorly edited but I still understood the message and, like you, I have a number of ppl to train with in "real" life so the books have only supplemented those things I learned.

You know, if you are interested in a flash card system that was really effective for you, it may be best to sit with your teachers and get them to go through things while you take notes and then make your own cards. Would probably be more effective cos you would know your own shorthand and the areas you feel you are weaker in etc.

Out of interest, how long have you been training for? (just for my own curiosity :) )

Hi Leidee,

Thanks for your thoughts on the purchased Chi cards.

I do like things summarized in a succinct visual/text way, so I do make up my own cards in a way.

Been practicing steadily for 8 years. And on and off for some time besides that. ;) How bout you?

Sign in to follow this