ralis

Plagiarism on TTB.

I see many instances where posts are replete with cut, copy and paste from other sources. I imagine the violators feel they have license to borrow anyone's work and pretend such work is their own. The recent geometry thread is a case in point. There are a number of posts that appear to be copied from other sources without citing proper references.

I too see many instances where posts are replete with cut, copy and paste from other sources. I also imagine the violators feel they have license to borrow anyone's work and pretend such work is their own. In my opinion the recent geometry thread is an excellent case in point. There are a number of posts that appear to be copied from other sources without citing proper references.

Just kidding. :)

This is a valid topic. I try to cite my sources if I use them. It's good practice and considered good form. I'm not saying it should be in the ToS, but it would be nice if people were aware of it. Of course then you have those people that complain when people cite sources, which is just as annoying.

Aaron

• Like 2

hmmm i have listed the source in previous posts, just trying to further the conversation,

if you are referring to me, which , it is my thread.

and feel free to come up with any geometry idea that has not already been played by some one.

i never claimed to invent the circle. i just like talking about it.

i woulda preferred you joined into the conversation and seen where it naturally went from there.

i was hoping you had a geometry game. cool.gif

• Like 4

Depends. It's nice to know sources, but some things, it's just you know it came from somewhere... If you learned it it's from you too.

exactly...plagiarism is happening all the time...especially on the internet.

• Like 2

I recently made a thread here where I cut&pasted a text from another website.

Man, the guy was angry when he noticed his text was gone! :lol:

Depends. It's nice to know sources, but some things, it's just you know it came from somewhere... If you learned it it's from you too.

Everything comes from the source anyway.

How could you possibly list the source, when the process of listing the source is part of the source itself? :P

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

I recently made a thread here where I cut&pasted a text from another website.

Man, the guy was angry when he noticed his text was gone! :lol:

Everything comes from the source anyway.

How could you possibly list the source, when the process of listing the source is part of the source itself? :P

Wow you are so deep :).

I am thinking that no one wants new moderation rules about this so it is up to the TaoBumariat to challenge posters who don't cite their sources. Just keep asking and people will soon learn that it is expected.