multiarms

my Kunlun practice journal, friendly comments welcomed

Hello bums! I've de-lurked and started a personal practice journal here: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23211-multiarms-personal-journal-jump-in-and-comment/

Began Kunlun practices 1 week ago. Will aim for regular updates.

I welcome any friendly comments and constructive criticisms. Specifically, I would love to hear comments from any of the long-term Kunlun Tao Bums such as Mantra, Cam, Scotty, Lucky7, etc. (not sure who everyone is yet :blush: )

Any K-bashing, please post it elsewhere on TTB or in this thread here if you feel the need. :D

Later

Edited by multiarms
  • Like 3

I welcome any friendly comments and constructive criticisms. Specifically, I would love to hear comments from any of the long-term Kunlun Tao Bums such as Mantra, Cam, Scotty, Lucky7, etc. (not sure who everyone is yet :blush: )

Any K-bashing, please post it elsewhere on TTB or in this thread here if you feel the need. :D

Read it and was impressed with your dedication.

I was wondering..are you practicing from the book or did you take a Max seminar?

• Like 1

Read it and was impressed with your dedication.

I was wondering..are you practicing from the book or did you take a Max seminar?

Thanks for reading, I hope you'll follow along!

Brief version - I have some QiGong friends locally who have been practicing Kunlun for several years, and they are always talking about Max, his teachings, his crazy stories, etc. But they are very respectful and would not share any actual techniques.

I was interested, so I contacted one of Max's apprentices online, and learned the KL and RP techniques from him via Skype in a one-on-one mini seminar, which took about 2.5 hours. I'm attending a real life seminar with the same teacher, coming up in May.

• Like 2

I was interested, so I contacted one of Max's apprentices online, and learned the KL and RP techniques from him via Skype in a one-on-one mini seminar, which took about 2.5 hours.

great to see effective use of technology to get a student started.

If I may ask you about your friends who are long time kunlun practitioners, have you seen their lives imporve over the years?

I myself practice kunlun, about a year. I also learned it from a apprentice, book and dvd.

all the best

• Like 2

Hello bums! I've de-lurked and started a personal practice journal here: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23211-multiarms-personal-journal-jump-in-and-comment/

Later

Hey, cool! I also started Kunlun about a week ago! I went to Max's seminar in Austin to learn it. I've got a personal practice journal too, which I just started. Might be fun to share notes from time to time, since we started pretty much at the same time!

• Like 1

If I may ask you about your friends who are long time kunlun practitioners, have you seen their lives imporve over the years?

I actually didn't know them before they started Kunlun, but they're pretty cool chill people now :lol:

• Like 1

Hey, cool! I also started Kunlun about a week ago! I went to Max's seminar in Austin to learn it. I've got a personal practice journal too, which I just started. Might be fun to share notes from time to time, since we started pretty much at the same time!

Cat, sounds cool! I'll sign up to follow your journal. Let me know if you don't want me to post comments in the journal itself...

• Like 1

Cat, sounds cool! I'll sign up to follow your journal. Let me know if you don't want me to post comments in the journal itself...

Comments are welcome!

• Like 1

Thanks for reading, I hope you'll follow along!

Brief version - I have some QiGong friends locally who have been practicing Kunlun for several years, and they are always talking about Max, his teachings, his crazy stories, etc. But they are very respectful and would not share any actual techniques.

I was interested, so I contacted one of Max's apprentices online, and learned the KL and RP techniques from him via Skype in a one-on-one mini seminar, which took about 2.5 hours. I'm attending a real life seminar with the same teacher, coming up in May.

Hello multiarms,

i wanted to know how hard it was for you to set up the one-on-one seminar and if you thought it was quite worth it to go to the retreat? (clearly it was due to the goal of continuing your kunlun practice). Was it hard to find an apprentices?

• Like 1

Hello multiarms,

i wanted to know how hard it was for you to set up the one-on-one seminar and if you thought it was quite worth it to go to the retreat? (clearly it was due to the goal of continuing your kunlun practice). Was it hard to find an apprentices?

It was not hard to set up a Skype session at all. Don't be shy. The great thing about our current state of "spiritual counterculture" is that advanced practitioners and teachers are more accessible than ever, if you introduce yourself. I just contacted the teacher via email and expressed interest in some one-on-one time to help me prepare for the seminar. I sent some PayPal and had the whole thing set up in a few days.

There's a link to all the official apprentices and facilitators somewhere on Max's website - http://www.primordialalchemist.com

Sifu Jenny Lamb who teaches practices similar to Max's Kunlun also does "online consultation" - http://www.easterninternalarts.org/

• Like 3

Question, Sifu Lamb's DVD Qi Gong for Self Healing I ($45 http://www.easterninternalarts.org/), does she teach her version of Kunlun in it?

I've heard she's a great teacher, does anyone have a review of this DVD?

Thanks

Michael

Yea it's great, and it isn't her version of kunlun. Kunlun(which Max developed) originated from yi gong, and Jenny is a teacher of Max, last I heard.

As an aside I was doing yi gong, the first posture in kunlun, and was on day 30 is of no masturbation. I started to masturbate, and when I got close to orgasm it felt like all the energy was suddenly pulled to the back of my spine and shot up to my head. Was pretty crazy. But as far as I'm concerned the stored energy is put to use.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 2

As an aside I was doing yi gong, the first posture in kunlun, and was on day 30 is of no masturbation. I started to masturbate, and when I got close to orgasm it felt like all the energy was suddenly pulled to the back of my spine and shot up to my head.

:o

To clarify, you started jerking it during the yi gong practice? Now that's what I call spontaneous adjustment!

• Like 3

Question, Sifu Lamb's DVD Qi Gong for Self Healing I ($45 http://www.easterninternalarts.org/), does she teach her version of Kunlun in it?

Thanks

Michael

The DVD does include what she calls "spontaneous adjustment qigong" (Yigong Level 1), which from what I've heard is the same posture as Kunlun 1.

I'd be interested to hear more from her students and to see a review of the DVD, too.

Edited by multiarms
  • Like 1

:o

To clarify, you started jerking it during the yi gong practice? Now that's what I call spontaneous adjustment!

Not during haha. Afterwards actually.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1

The DVD does include what she calls "spontaneous adjustment qigong" (Yigong Level 1), which from what I've heard is the same posture as Kunlun 1.

I'd be interested to hear more from her students and to see a review of the DVD, too.

From what I've also heard kunlun posture lvl 2 and 3 are parts of the same system.

Its physical aspects include three levels, the spontaneous adjustment, celestial master points the way, and great water fall.

Sounds like how they look. But she says she hasn't taught lvl 2 and 3.

All rumors and the like, but supposedly Max stole them? I don't know.

I do know, lvl 1 is considered it's own complete system, able to lead you to enlightenment on it's own. And lvl 2 & 3 aren't considered greater or more, but each their own individual practice.

John

• Like 1

From what I've also heard kunlun posture lvl 2 and 3 are parts of the same system.

Sounds like how they look. But she says she hasn't taught lvl 2 and 3.

All rumors and the like, but supposedly Max stole them? I don't know.

John

Interesting. John, did you learn the Yi Gong practice from the DVD, from Sifu Jenny, or from another teacher? How long have you been doing it? Is it your main practice? :)

• Like 1

Thanks

Michael

The world is full of concidence.... I would say maybe since I owned the book from Max before I would say : maybe.

I got the hands on the DVD by Sifu Lamb by a good friend for a week now.

I would like to give different comments but I want to point out the good points.

1.The ten essential Qigong Exercises in the beginning for opening mostly the joints using the Breathing of Tai Chi in the movements (up in, down out for example)

The movements are done standing and stay mostly stationary. This is something I had not found in the book and appear very basic but I have memoriy of having read on the old homepage from "Robert Peng"(can not find it on the new)that one of the essentials in Qigong from his is to opening up the joints- but I am not sure.

2.Spontaneous Adjustment Qigong (Yigong level 1). Sifu Lamb gives a good explaination how the spontaneus Adjustment has to be done. I favor her saying to let the sides do what they want and there is no need to balance them out, as I understand there is no need to move syncron on both side and just let it happen.(you can cirle right small and low with the hand while the other hand make big windmills for example.

But mostly I see syncron movement by Sifu Lamb in her DVD.)

This one is exactly like the sitting version from the book where I remember Max had wool lamb skin under his feet.

3.Tapping Qigong is following the Merdians way the TCM acupuncture have give them would run from 1 to end. I can not say much about it as Donna Eden would have better explaination in her book and on Youtube about "Tracing the Meridans". Core concept is following the way like the TCM would/will strengthen the body.

4.Strike wall with back is interesting. There is not much to say since I find it pretty unique to stimulate the back with striking areas against a wall.

5.Opening Channels Exercises are mostly on the fours on the ground mostly loosening hips but not only, dynamic soft stretching and loosening of the body.

It is indeed for Self Healing, getting better motionrange, flexibility, strengthening

and opens a door to higher level.

(I left out the "besides" comments. ;) you only get shareware from me since Multiarms wanted)

Best too,

Q

Edit: Technical recommendation for :

"Circling ancles & Rotating Wrist"

The fingers are interlocked. So one thumb is over a other thumb. When one change the side one can change the thumb which was above is now below making the other fingers move one place.

So one has 4 Permutation for this exercise :"Left above right, right above left and each of them clockwise and counterclockwise."

It is not shown on DVD but it is subtle work on the body which from my perspective is relevant later when it comes to subtle balance.

Edited by Friend
  • Like 3

The world is full of concidence.... I would say maybe since I owned the book from Max before I would say : maybe.

I got the hands on the DVD by Sifu Lamb by a good friend for a week now.

I would like to give different comments but I want to point out the good points.

Thanks, Friend, for the breakdown! I actually also do joint mobility prior to any type of qigong, meditation or exercise. I find it helps alot and if I am short on time and can do only ONE practice for a few minutes, I will do joint mobility exercises. I use a modified version of Pavel Tsatsouline's Russian methods. Highly recommended --

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Joints-Longevity-Pain-Free-Movement/dp/0938045369/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334263719&sr=8-1

I'm interested to learn about the "strike wall with back" thing, sounds cool B)

• Like 1

Interesting. John, did you learn the Yi Gong practice from the DVD, from Sifu Jenny, or from another teacher? How long have you been doing it? Is it your main practice? :)

I got the kunlun book, and practiced the first posture for about 3 years for an hour a day. I heard that Max got it from Jenny, and bought her dvd. I enjoy her teaching style and she seems very grounded and down to earth.

As a practice it's been very powerful for me, and I've moved into deeper and deeper awareness about conciousness, connection with self, and just in general developed a ton of awareness. Like that the thoughts are just a by product of the emotion, let go of the emotion, and the questions and issues clear. That all suffering is by choice. To be more present at all times. That knowledge is great, but doesn't matter so much as your connection to your self, like it's just something to placate your self so you feel comfy in doing what your about to, wisdom being the key, etc etc. And when I hold it my eyes naturally look to that inner spot in the mind or whatever... the pineal gland I guess.

Like all those things the meditators talk about I've come to through the practice of it.

It seems like vipasssana super powered.

Regardless, if I'm hurting emotionally, or hung up about stuff emotionally, I practice and it clears up.

Currently my main practice is stillness movement, but I have extremely high regard for yi gong and continue to practice it. SM develops the dantien and seems to develop a ton of energy inside of you quickly, while yi gong specifically develops awareness.

John

• Like 4

I got the kunlun book, and practiced the first posture for about 3 years for an hour a day. I heard that Max got it from Jenny, and bought her dvd. I enjoy her teaching style and she seems very grounded and down to earth.

As a practice it's been very powerful for me, and I've moved into deeper and deeper awareness about conciousness, connection with self, and just in general developed a ton of awareness. Like that the thoughts are just a by product of the emotion, let go of the emotion, and the questions and issues clear. That all suffering is by choice. To be more present at all times. That knowledge is great, but doesn't matter so much as your connection to your self, like it's just something to placate your self so you feel comfy in doing what your about to, wisdom being the key, etc etc. And when I hold it my eyes naturally look to that inner spot in the mind or whatever... the pineal gland I guess.

Like all those things the meditators talk about I've come to through the practice of it.

It seems like vipasssana super powered.

Regardless, if I'm hurting emotionally, or hung up about stuff emotionally, I practice and it clears up.

Currently my main practice is stillness movement, but I have extremely high regard for yi gong and continue to practice it. SM develops the dantien and seems to develop a ton of energy inside of you quickly, while yi gong specifically develops awareness.

John

Awesome. Thank you. :D

• Like 1

John,

Could you expand on the difference between SM and Yi Gong?

How is Yi Gong developing awareness? I thought it was mainly a "blockage remover"?

• Like 2

John,

Could you expand on the difference between SM and Yi Gong?

How is Yi Gong developing awareness? I thought it was mainly a "blockage remover"?

I'm not sure what exactly they do, only my experience of it and you can draw your own conclusion.

As far as my experience, yi gong seems to specifically develop awareness and clear out stuck emotions. Like when I practice I'll go very deeply inside, and my awareness seems to settle in the center of my head(upper dantien?).

Jenny speaks to it on her website that it specifically develops yi (intent)and awareness.

Stillness movement, when I practice it has me feeling like I'm buzzing on the inside, my awareness settles on my lower dantien and it gets hot and sometimes my arms will get hot. With where I'm at spontaneous movement occurs sometimes and when it does I go very deep into meditation. I also feel any areas that hurt or the like will buzz/pop/creak and the pain will go away and I take that as healing.

From what I know, SM is aimed at developing the dantien, building energy for healing, and connecting to the tao. You develop the ability to emit qi, which is fucking magic when you first heal a headache(which I did the other day B) ).

While yi gong is focused on developing awareness, intent and wisdom. So you get insight and it almost occurs telepathic.

And I'm drawn to both practices.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 4

While yi gong is focused on developing awareness, intent and wisdom.

And I'm drawn to both practices.

John

good informative reply John.

just curious if you have concerns about practising both,kunlun and SM? I know max in his book talks about just sticking with kunlun after about a month. something about magnetizing the energy system a certain way, and he says not a good idea to mix in other methods that also move energy.

• Like 1

While yi gong is focused on developing awareness, intent and wisdom. So you get insight and it almost occurs telepathic.

cool, good info.

• Like 1