Sign in to follow this  
rosscb

Can one practice alchemy if castrated or vasectomied?

I mean typically, vitality is stored in the lower tan tien and gets transformed into sperm and then has to be reabsorbed into the body again to be used for alchemy correct? What happens if it doesn't get transformed into sperm and just stays in the body?

I mean typically, vitality is stored in the lower tan tien and gets transformed into sperm and then has to be reabsorbed into the body again to be used for alchemy correct? What happens if it doesn't get transformed into sperm and just stays in the body?

The sperm itself is not the energy, it's what moves it, namely the sexual energy. If you are horny, you can practice the jing-qi-shen route.

There should be no problem with this practice after a vasectomy. It may even be an advantage.

The general misunderstanding, based on inaccurate or partial teachings in the west is that there is a gradual process of transmutation from the actual reproductive fluid to subtler states of matter, and then to spiritual energy. This has nothing to do with actual Nei Dan practice.

Instead, the basis for inner alchemical practice is to fuse the essential light, fire and water. This work focuses on the fusion of the true nature of the physical body and it's manifestation of the spiritual energy that is joined in it. Later the work focuses on the amplification, transmutation and natural liberation of this energy in the physical body. The inital work is to draw the Shen or light back into the physical body. "closing the leak" or building the foundation is actually a work of gathering the light back into the body. Thus the focus on celibacy, and mental fasting is related to bringing the light back and fusing it with the essential water. This gives birth to the Dan. Sexual energy in it's prenatal state is not the basis for this practice.

These aspects of the inner energies combine, and later will also utilize the decayed "yin" energies of conditioned sexual energy, emotions and energy of the actual physical body, as they all become "fuel" or medicine for the unfolding of this practice.

h

• Like 2

There should be no problem with this practice after a vasectomy. It may even be an advantage.

The general misunderstanding, based on inaccurate or partial teachings in the west is that there is a gradual process of transmutation from the actual reproductive fluid to subtler states of matter, and then to spiritual energy. This has nothing to do with actual Nei Dan practice.

Instead, the basis for inner alchemical practice is to fuse the essential light, fire and water. This work focuses on the fusion of the true nature of the physical body and it's manifestation of the spiritual energy that is joined in it. Later the work focuses on the amplification, transmutation and natural liberation of this energy in the physical body. The inital work is to draw the Shen or light back into the physical body. "closing the leak" or building the foundation is actually a work of gathering the light back into the body. Thus the focus on celibacy, and mental fasting is related to bringing the light back and fusing it with the essential water. This gives birth to the Dan. Sexual energy in it's prenatal state is not the basis for this practice.

These aspects of the inner energies combine, and later will also utilize the decayed "yin" energies of conditioned sexual energy, emotions and energy of the actual physical body, as they all become "fuel" or medicine for the unfolding of this practice.

h

I'm not sure about it all. I won't have a vasectamy because i think it's un-natural and i don't know how it will effect me. I don't want to have another kid but this operation is kinda going overboard i think. Plus like if you want to ejaculate and get some energy out cos u've got too much energy can you still?

I dunno?? Anyone here had one of these operations after cultivating and can tell me their story?

Plus like if you want to ejaculate and get some energy out cos u've got too much energy can you still?

There are so many other ways to use the creative energy, such as art, exercise, music, etc. You won't even have a desire to ejaculate if it's circulating correctly. But i havent had a vasectomy, just saying.

I'm not sure about it all. I won't have a vasectamy because i think it's un-natural and i don't know how it will effect me. I don't want to have another kid but this operation is kinda going overboard i think. Plus like if you want to ejaculate and get some energy out cos u've got too much energy can you still?

I dunno?? Anyone here had one of these operations after cultivating and can tell me their story?

I had a vasectomy about 2.5 years ago. I'm now 51, recently married. I've practised Taoist cultivation methods both before and since. I have sex fairly frequently, but don't ejaculate all the time as it tires me out and affects my practise - the Yellow Emperor knew a thing or two.

The operation itself is very straightforward and inexpensive. I had almost no discomfort afterwards. The benefits in terms of spontaneity, not having to think about contraception, and the sheer trust/security engendered with my partner are huge.

Ejaculation isn't noticeably affected. Most of the volume of ejaculate isn't sperm anyway. It's other fluids added along the way, so you get a very similar volume, and the very tiny amount of sperm is reabsorbed into the body. I get no sensation of pressure, backing-up or what-have-you in my balls or scrotum.

Sensation right through the sex act has become more subtle and more intense. I have better awareness of the build-up, and I've found that great bliss and almost complete loss of control to sensation has become possible without ejaculation taking place. However I don't think this is significant in true cultivation terms, being likely just low-level chi / wind in the channels (some other bum may have some insight into the energetics of this?).

HTH

Rich

• Like 2

Strictly speaking about internal alchemy I have not seen that it has any effect either way.

Edit: however, every person is different

Edited by Ya Mu

I had a vasectomy about 2.5 years ago. ... I've practised Taoist cultivation methods both before and since.

Thank you for that clear experienced-based description!

:)

Isn't there a big difference between castration and vasectomy....???

Castration does not and cannot reproduce any sperms as opposed to vasectomy. Anyone can practice alchemy if the notion about the reproduction of sperms was removed. It was a fallacy by some ancient Taoists once thought that the Jing were sperms. The idea is still misleading in the present. Thus that's why we are having this argument in this thread.

As I indicated before, Jing(精) is not sperm but 精子 is. The ancient Taoist confused themselves with the terminology Jing(精) from Jing, chi, shen(精氣神) with sperm(精子). Ever since, this confusion has never been cleared.

Sign in to follow this