epyon

internal alchemy

i feel that everyone should have the opportunity to be on the path of inner alchemy because that is what life is about, harnessing yourself and building yourself, but in this modern world we live in it is very hard, and i am confused about alot of things regarding this, i feel like everyone disagrees with everybody elses methods and it makes it hard to trust even myself on what i feel is the right way

• Like 1

I know what you mean about the trusting yourself part.

As a new member here (and a relatively new member of Taoist internal alchemy too) I've got some great information but it's also been a bit unsettling because apparently there is a lot of disagreement and not everyone considers my current alchemical "path" (Healing Tao system as modified and taught by Michael Winn) to be legit.

What type of internal alchemy do you practice?

i feel that everyone should have the opportunity to be on the path of inner alchemy because that is what life is about, harnessing yourself and building yourself, but in this modern world we live in it is very hard, and i am confused about alot of things regarding this, i feel like everyone disagrees with everybody elses methods and it makes it hard to trust even myself on what i feel is the right way

Agreed. Too many voices can be toxic to one's practice. Best to just listen to Tao and the masters of antiquity, imo. We have to choose our consultants, not the other way around. At the same time, listening to what others practice can lead toward some things we might not otherwise have found out about, like some true masters with sound advice. But ultimately, "too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the broth", so again, Best to just listen to Tao and the masters of antiquity (edit: I should add, and of course an experienced master you wish to learn from if you find one), imo.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Internal alchemy only has one type. Somehow, people see it with many types which raises to a question: "Does everybody know what "Internal Alchemy" really is....???

First, let's take a look at ALCHEMY to begin with, then consider how it is applied, or utilized, internally...

I would like to rephrase it.

First, let's take a look at EXTERNAL ALCHEMY to begin with, then consider how it is applied internally...

If you are interested in learning internal alchemy and advanced nei gong practices I suggest starting with zhan zhuang, and working up to at least an hour a day standing. You also cannot begin alchemy with the monkey mind, so through emptiness meditation, the habitual mind chatter should be quieted. Both take a lot of transition from today's very neurotic environment.

Learn about the body's make up before trying to alter it. Then you instinctively understand what the texts are pointing to rather than doing a lot of guess work or worse, forcing yourself.

These preparatory teachings are significant. Trying to do alchemy without going through a purification processes is like trying to learn how to skate when you have numb feet from years of terrible posture.

Then choose a method or preferably a teacher. You'd be wasting your teacher's time if you have no awareness of even your present being.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

it always starts out like this....watch all these guys go way off topic till they start talking about something tottally different and you will never get your question answer...

simple most understandable answer for your question.

STOP WORRYING ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE...

you cant even begin to do internal alchemy intill you close out the outside world...its all about getting to know your self. and i can tell all ready your fighting yourself on everyone ELSES methods.

i know your new to this but please dont step in the bullshit....

start out by learning to breath, when you learn to breath, learn to meditate.

THEN YOUR INTERNAL ALCHEMY PATH BEGINS.

Be care who you learn from....

You want a Master who wants you to be better then Him/Her.

peace be with you -_-

nice posts, i do understand that we are all observers of existence and therefore should trust are feelings, trying to interpret someone elses interpretation is where all of confusion happens but without anybody being around me to personally talk to, since im in orlando and having to read online its so easy to misinterpret things

nice posts, i do understand that we are all observers of existence and therefore should trust are feelings, trying to interpret someone elses interpretation is where all of confusion happens but without anybody being around me to personally talk to, since im in orlando and having to read online its so easy to misinterpret things

epyon, you have elicited some sound advice, it is so tantalising to read people's experiences and practices, but you cannot learn the Tao from a book.

Please, go and learn from someone in the flesh and save yourself wandering down the garden path, or rather, paths, for there are many and not all of them lead to a wise place. Good luck, you are on the right path, stay on the Tao.

First of all, one need to learn the basic concept regardless what others said. If one has learned the fundamental concept, then used it as basis to compare with other information to filter out the unwanted. People can snow anyone with anything if one takes everything for granted.

In order to understand a concept, one must be able to explain it in his own words. If one just repeat verbatim or cited from another source, then one has not learned the basic concept.

Edited by ChiDragon

Look for schools that get results and have science backing them. Ignore the rest unless you have met and tested the teachers in person and know them to be legit.

Just my $0.02

• Like 2

Mr Pie.

"science" is catching up to practices IMO (of course I guess it depends on which sciences you pick when, as the prevailing will often prohibit or restrict specifics for reasons that we keep discussing on this forum - like the $Million point which apparently hurt a lot of people when DIYing it. Or others.

I was flipping this idea of teachers around the other day. I'm getting to understand why they might pick you rather than the reverse.

Although that might not always be a good sign either. Depends who, I suppose. If I have "pigeon" written on my third eye...

The stories all make it sound so easy (huge trials and terrible tribulations aside.)

Internal alchemy as described by taoism comes after awakening. (ime) Internal Alchemy begins with practice of metta (ime). Some skip it and goto Solar plexus, but that is ill-advised. Metta is like inner-smile and used to healing and rejuvenation.

Awakening means that you can feel and pinpoint a tingling sensation within the center of your forehead or the "seat of the soul" , "original cavity of the spirit", "third eye", pineal gland.

Edited by Informer