tulku

Being reborn again and again with the man/woman of your dreams is a Curse..

Oh dear. IMO and IM(nonexperience of having such) the person or people who are 'supposed' to meet your "basic" needs are your parents (or appropriate substitutes when young).

If they didn't meet your basic needs (as my Ma has said, 'well, at least you got fed and clothed and didn't get beaten' - which is not exactly true IMO/BTW because I count getting slapped upside the head 'beaten' although probably not as bad as getting 'belted' which some of my friends were because it was 'the done thing' at the time, and yes, it will f8ck people up somewhat)

Anyway, where I'm attempting to get to with this is that no-one can ever replace the basic needs you did not get met when you needed them. (This is my opinion, of course) Trying to achieve "getting them met" as an adult is...well, I reckon a bunch of people do it, or attempt to do it in their adult relationships, but, er, doesn't work out so well.

Yes, IMO/IME many people are searching to resolve/complete/relive that relationship that did not exist for them. It's IMO/IME part of life and IMO/IME something of an indication of 'time'.

I was talking about this with another TTB the other day and I said I figured that a lot of 'primitive' societies had this stuff already figured out. You know those 'rites of passage' to become an 'adult'? If you check the post I put in the healing thread about the kid getting weighed and sold to another family to cure his illness, perhaps you'll find that interesting.

Hopefully I didn't come across as uncompassionate. I'm sorry if you're hurting.

Edited: for a double negative- not meaningful:-)

Edited: oh crap yes you can meet your basic needs once you can do it for yourself. --slaps own forehead, but very very gently alert---

do you consider meeting that special man or woman of your life as a basic need?

do you consider meeting that special man or woman of your life as a basic need?

No.

That is simply incorrect. When Gautama was offered a bowl of rice, he did not deny it.

You have a lust for enlightenment, and a greed for spiritual power. Your hatred of samsara sows only more seeds of suffering. Where is your equanimity?

you know your values are really dubious..

if one doesn't hunger for enlightenment and escape out of samsara..

what should one hunger for then?

happiness? the indulgence in the never-ending loop of samsara?

way to totally avoid answering my questions!! hahahaahah

Of course i don't have to believe what you say. Hahahaha heavens help me if i did! One of you is bad enough. And of course my karma will determine my fate... duh! hahaha you are saying nothing in response to questions about the validity of your basic claims!!! What do you think this is, the circus?! You are on an internet forum, and without personal accountability, all you can hope to do is make a fool of yourself.

Did you get your ideas about love and lust from a teacher? from the scriptures? From your church? From your grandmother? Where did you adopt this ideology from?? I think we deserve to know since you write at least one or two disturbing posts a month, about how we are all cursed or going to hell, or going to be food for maggots and then demons, and so on and so forth... *YAWN* its getting so boring these cries for attention, if youre going to start a conversation about how we're cursed, at least answer our freaking questions hahahah

Your approach is basically emotional, but when it comes to actually citing real teachings or having any logic behind it, there is none to be seen. When questioned, you just change the subject or fail to respond appropriately. And whats worse, the emotions you are building your complex world of sins and pronouncements and oblivion on are all hollow... they aren't rich emotions worth following or developing, they are sad emotions of someone whose heart is hollow. Someone just needs to quit whining and experience life with all its beauty and ugliness instead of thinking that in the void they can escape them both.

Your talk of equanimity is also disbelieved btw. You don't have balance to exhibit, you just know how to say "i have balance".

I call troll m*f*n nonsense on this thread. But whatever, i still really hope you find some kind of happiness beyond suffering in life. Nobody deserves to be as miserable as you, and actually believe that they aren't miserable... thats a terrible plight. Bless you.

i can tell you right now..

you are suffering more than me..

because you are totally trapped by the grips of samsara and you don't even know it..

it is like the stockholme hostage syndrome..

the hostages are imprisoned for so long by the criminals that the hostages do not actually want to be free from the grasp of the criminals after being so used to being hostages for so long..

this is why i say you are suffering more.. much more than me..

at least i know where is the way out.. even if i can't get to it atm.. you can't even see a way out.. or should i say..

you don't want to get out..

You know that searching for happiness thing is pretty much exactly what got me into this whole searching/mess/practice to begin with. I find it kind of funny now I'm having such a mixed time of it, but I digress:-)

Now funnily enough, I do like being happy but I also have this terrible hankering, beyond any kind of happiness, after 'truth' of all kinds (one assumes there's just one, which is, well, difficult).

• Like 1

This is because you do not delve deep enough into the meaning of our existence.

When you finally realize the emptiness of samsara and the perpetual trap which humanity is in, you will do anything to escape this trap.

I don't know what you're talking about....do you? :lol:

you know your values are really dubious..

if one doesn't hunger for enlightenment and escape out of samsara..

what should one hunger for then?

happiness? the indulgence in the never-ending loop of samsara?

karma is self-perpetuated and self-sustained, and samsara is a dream within your own self. Stop feeding your demons and rest in peace.

• Like 1

IMO No response to tulku is going to register. This is his mess he is spilling on thetaobums again and again. It's unhealthy, mostly for him.

@ tulku

It's clear by now that most of the people who have replied to you don't see your view as wise or something to be praised. People here may not be the wisest or the most advanced, but they are genuine practitioners. So you should heed the consensus that your opinions are flawed.

• Like 4

IMO No response to tulku is going to register. This is his mess he is spilling on thetaobums again and again. It's unhealthy, mostly for him.

Yeah, thanks for the reminder, i think you're right. I'm gonna put him on ignore.

• Like 2

So many of us dream of getting into that magical relationship with the all so elusive soulmate.. the man or woman of our dreams..

So many of us dream of searching for and finally finding Mr or Miss Right..

And when we finally do found Mr or Miss Right.. we are so willing to grow old with him/her, have many kids with him/her and die with him/her .. and we love him/her so much that we are so willing to spend our next lifetime with him/her again and the next life-time after next and the next lifetime after next..

This is not a dream.

This is A CURSE!

Ohhh.... I tried so hard to stay out of this thread. Tulku, even if most of your threads are reactionary and a bit delusional (imo), they do get a lot of responses. The only thing I'll say is that when you get older and your body starts maturing you'll find that people are attracted to other people and when they are attracted to other people, they want to spend time with that other person, and be with that other person. When you experience this you will not see it as a curse.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Ohhh.... I tried so hard to stay out of this thread.

*paints his face green and stretches his ears*

Do, or do not. There is no try!

:P

Tulku, c'mon brosef. You're never gonna get enlightened if you stay so attached to that frowny face. Buddha likes to smile!

So many of us dream of getting into that magical relationship with the all so elusive soulmate.. the man or woman of our dreams..

So many of us dream of searching for and finally finding Mr or Miss Right..

And when we finally do found Mr or Miss Right.. we are so willing to grow old with him/her, have many kids with him/her and die with him/her .. and we love him/her so much that we are so willing to spend our next lifetime with him/her again and the next life-time after next and the next lifetime after next..

This is not a dream.

This is A CURSE!

Then I'm cursed as fuck and I love it. Damn I'm suffering so much in what feels like love, passion and enjoyment! And I don't even know it's suffering! Oh noes!

Bwhahaha. B)

John

• Like 5