tulku

Being reborn again and again with the man/woman of your dreams is a Curse..

So many of us dream of getting into that magical relationship with the all so elusive soulmate.. the man or woman of our dreams..

So many of us dream of searching for and finally finding Mr or Miss Right..

And when we finally do found Mr or Miss Right.. we are so willing to grow old with him/her, have many kids with him/her and die with him/her .. and we love him/her so much that we are so willing to spend our next lifetime with him/her again and the next life-time after next and the next lifetime after next..

This is not a dream.

This is A CURSE!

I have heard that if you find a partner who is also a cultivator you can help each other wake up, as long as you don't think you own the other person and don't expect them to make you happy I can imagine such a relationship could be very benefficial spiritually, now where to find such a woman is the question.

I would say those curses are quite all right in a varied perspective, that being the perspective of .... one condition .........

there is plenty of wine present.

also the spiritual ambition becomes placed upon some clear paper, the kind you're able to cut and paste and make mashay out of. (mashay because the keyboard does not contain an accent e) then take the paper and make potato man faces from it. then toss over a bridge, and buy more wine.

I know some people who met their ideal partner at an early age and are spending a harmonious and productive life with one partner, it is rare enough in my world to be the exception rather than the rule, and I find it amazing and wonderful.

If you think of Maslows hierarchy of needs.. then having found one's partner at an early age in life means that one isnt wasting a ton of time 'sipping and tasting' like Goldilocks, running around trying to get basic needs met... and so one can get on with evolving.

• Like 5

This is A CURSE!

If you gather knowledge to worry then it is better not to know, if you for whatever reason can not change it.

If you know things which you should not know because your developement has not reach the point to able to use it then such knowlege cause bitterness, grief and greed, fear and other attachment.

Seers who can not bear seeing the possible future should no see into future.

Part of your freedom is to have discipline to decide how you react in a situation, you decide how you feel. People react so different to a situation and you choose the worst

view of the situation.

Look, you still count time in terms of reincarnation. You forget that when Right Person appear it becomes timeless only a moment. From daily life, activity you do not like appear long and boring, things which you like appear fun and short.

If something is a curse or a dream depends on your choice of reaction the fact is Right person "is" and you "is" and the others around also "are" because it is "we".

And it is to show integrity and not polarity.

A buddha acts - a commoner reacts.

So many of us dream of getting into that magical relationship with the all so elusive soulmate.. the man or woman of our dreams..

And when we finally do found Mr or Miss Right.. we are so willing to grow old with him/her, have many kids with him/her and die with him/her .. and we love him/her so much that we are so willing to spend our next lifetime with him/her again and the next life-time after next and the next lifetime after next..

This is not a dream.

This is A CURSE!

You are constantly making issues out of things that aren't. Either you seek attention on thetaobums through extreme remarks, or you have deep seated issues regarding the very "cautions" you post about.

• Like 9

I think that, rather than asceticism, living a regular life would be a better meditation for you. Such aversion is not the middle way.

• Like 7

This is not a dream.

This is A CURSE!

to the awakened mind, there are no blessings or curses. There are only circumstances, and if it is the nature of ones circumstance to have a karmic attachment to a loved one, that is just their circumstance. Sounds like a rather blessed one to me, since most people aren't obsessed with oblivion and the void, but instead take part in the dance of life.

Last time you decried love, i pointed out that it was an immeasurable, to which you said something completely cockeyed (about attachment) in reponse, at which point i just dropped the subject... but i will bring it up again, since love and attachment are two distinctly seperate things. Love is a wonderful and sublime state that avails itself to everyone who can open their heart to it. The nature of divinity is love; unconditional love, just as the nature of unfettered awareness is bliss itself. There is a wonderful, magical, and beautiful world unfolding itself for your immersion and enjoyment right this very moment if only you would realize that fact and put down your aversions and prejudices.

Blessings to you. May you find happiness and the causes of happiness, and be liberated from suffering. :)

This is not a dream.

This is A CURSE!

Why is it a curse?

I have heard that if you find a partner who is also a cultivator you can help each other wake up, as long as you don't think you own the other person and don't expect them to make you happy I can imagine such a relationship could be very benefficial spiritually, now where to find such a woman is the question.

If you think that it is all worth it to be reborn and suffer again and again in samsara just to find that piece of short-lived illusionary impermanent happiness with that "special" woman whom you would probably get sick of 20 years down the road..

you had better readjust your values, matey..

I know some people who met their ideal partner at an early age and are spending a harmonious and productive life with one partner, it is rare enough in my world to be the exception rather than the rule, and I find it amazing and wonderful.

If you think of Maslows hierarchy of needs.. then having found one's partner at an early age in life means that one isnt wasting a ton of time 'sipping and tasting' like Goldilocks, running around trying to get basic needs met... and so one can get on with evolving.

you can forget all the shit about the special woman or man and even meeting your basic needs..

just go on and be a monk and nun and evolve straight away..

this is called cutting yourself free from samsara..

If you gather knowledge to worry then it is better not to know, if you for whatever reason can not change it.

If you know things which you should not know because your developement has not reach the point to able to use it then such knowlege cause bitterness, grief and greed, fear and other attachment.

Seers who can not bear seeing the possible future should no see into future.

Part of your freedom is to have discipline to decide how you react in a situation, you decide how you feel. People react so different to a situation and you choose the worst

view of the situation.

Look, you still count time in terms of reincarnation. You forget that when Right Person appear it becomes timeless only a moment. From daily life, activity you do not like appear long and boring, things which you like appear fun and short.

If something is a curse or a dream depends on your choice of reaction the fact is Right person "is" and you "is" and the others around also "are" because it is "we".

And it is to show integrity and not polarity.

A buddha acts - a commoner reacts.

You forgot.. or you never did know.. that humans .. petty humans can never be the Right Person.

The only Right Person .. the only being worthy enough of being anyone's Right Person.. is God or the Lord Creator or the Lord Buddha within each and every person.

So the True Curse of Humanity is that they spend eons and countless lifetimes looking for that Mr or Miss Right in other people not knowing that the true Mr or Miss Right lies within them!

I think that, rather than asceticism, living a regular life would be a better meditation for you. Such aversion is not the middle way.

Asceticism is the Middle Way.

Regular life is for those who wish to indulge themselves in the sufferings of samsara over and over again.

to the awakened mind, there are no blessings or curses. There are only circumstances, and if it is the nature of ones circumstance to have a karmic attachment to a loved one, that is just their circumstance. Sounds like a rather blessed one to me, since most people aren't obsessed with oblivion and the void, but instead take part in the dance of life.

Last time you decried love, i pointed out that it was an immeasurable, to which you said something completely cockeyed (about attachment) in reponse, at which point i just dropped the subject... but i will bring it up again, since love and attachment are two distinctly seperate things. Love is a wonderful and sublime state that avails itself to everyone who can open their heart to it. The nature of divinity is love; unconditional love, just as the nature of unfettered awareness is bliss itself. There is a wonderful, magical, and beautiful world unfolding itself for your immersion and enjoyment right this very moment if only you would realize that fact and put down your aversions and prejudices.

Blessings to you. May you find happiness and the causes of happiness, and be

liberated from suffering. :)

True Love can only exists without Lust.

True Happiness can only exist without Conditions.

For one to live without Lust or Conditions, one must evolve himself out of Samsara to be a God again.

Otherwise the Conditions or Lust or Greed or Hatred .. these seeds will always lie in Samsara or the subsconcious waiting to hurt the seeker..

In the higher dimensions, there is no lust between beings., Just pure unconditional love like brothers for sisters.. or sisters for brothers...

Why is it a curse?

if you need to ask, then you will never see why it is a curse..

Asceticism is the Middle Way.

Regular life is for those who wish to indulge themselves in the sufferings of samsara over and over again.

That is simply incorrect. When Gautama was offered a bowl of rice, he did not deny it.

You have a lust for enlightenment, and a greed for spiritual power. Your hatred of samsara sows only more seeds of suffering. Where is your equanimity?

• Like 4

That is simply incorrect. When Gautama was offered a bowl of rice, he did not deny it.

You have a lust for enlightenment, and a greed for spiritual power. Your hatred of samsara sows only more seeds of suffering. Where is your equanimity?

Exactly, the Buddha only gained enlightenment when he gave up asceticism

True Love can only exists without Lust.

you can't possibly prove to me that thats true. Where did you even hear that?

True Happiness can only exist without Conditions.

that is, in and of itself, a condition. What are you talking about?! I don't think you even know.

For one to live without Lust or Conditions, one must evolve himself out of Samsara to be a God again.

Otherwise the Conditions or Lust or Greed or Hatred .. these seeds will always lie in Samsara or the subsconcious waiting to hurt the seeker..

In the higher dimensions, there is no lust between beings., Just pure unconditional love like brothers for sisters.. or sisters for brothers...

How do you know? You act like you know, but you don't offer any proof that you know any of that for sure. You aren't even a happy or fulfilled person, from what i gather, and you love to troll. Why should we take your word on anything? There could be pleasure heavens full of lust without attachment for all i know.. hahahah

Like i said, the nature of unfettered consciousness is bliss, and your consciousness is obviously fettered, so how can we take your word on what the higher realms are like? I don't put as much stock in what you say as you do :)

But seriously, i hope you find happiness, thats what actually matters. (Then maybe we can talk about something worth speculating on hahahhaha)

Your hatred of samsara sows only more seeds of suffering

Agreed.

It is also "escapism" which isn't middle path at all...nor is it realistic. A spiritual teacher would never say things like these.

Too much ideas...too much extremism...

The spiritual path is like a snake eating its tail, spinning around. You are cultivating the bitter aspect with very little of the sweet (lets say, yang)...eventually you will move forward and cultivate primarily the sweet aspect with very little of the bitter, after having seen its uselessness (lets say, yin)...as you keep progressing, eventually the two poles will be experienced at a more and more rapid rate...until the point comes that you realize these conceptual and self-imposed dualities are just of the mind and can (SHOULD) be dropped.

Like a ping pong ball that you let bounce...at first it rebounds very high, and then falls again...then it begins to bounce faster and faster, as well as less extreme of a height, at an exponential rate...then at some point the ball eventually comes to a stop...and is still.

At that point you break free from the snake-circle. Then "duality" is seen through. You still can think and have ideas, but they come from a more realistic point of view.

So that's an idea of what should happen later on. What should be done right now, though? Find a real path, and do it. You can still talk and think you're right, etc...it will make no difference. A ping pong ball doesn't bounce higher and higher on its own.

you can forget all the shit about the special woman or man and even meeting your basic needs..

just go on and be a monk and nun and evolve straight away..

this is called cutting yourself free from samsara..

Oh dear. IMO and IM(nonexperience of having such) the person or people who are 'supposed' to meet your "basic" needs are your parents (or appropriate substitutes when young).

If they didn't meet your basic needs (as my Ma has said, 'well, at least you got fed and clothed and didn't get beaten' - which is not exactly true IMO/BTW because I count getting slapped upside the head 'beaten' although probably not as bad as getting 'belted' which some of my friends were because it was 'the done thing' at the time, and yes, it will f8ck people up somewhat)

Anyway, where I'm attempting to get to with this is that no-one can ever replace the basic needs you did not get met when you needed them. (This is my opinion, of course) Trying to achieve "getting them met" as an adult is...well, I reckon a bunch of people do it, or attempt to do it in their adult relationships, but, er, doesn't work out so well.

Yes, IMO/IME many people are searching to resolve/complete/relive that relationship that did not exist for them. It's IMO/IME part of life and IMO/IME something of an indication of 'time'.

I was talking about this with another TTB the other day and I said I figured that a lot of 'primitive' societies had this stuff already figured out. You know those 'rites of passage' to become an 'adult'? If you check the post I put in the healing thread about the kid getting weighed and sold to another family to cure his illness, perhaps you'll find that interesting.

Hopefully I didn't come across as uncompassionate. I'm sorry if you're hurting.

Edited: for a double negative- not meaningful:-)

Edited: oh crap yes you can meet your basic needs once you can do it for yourself. --slaps own forehead, but very very gently alert---

Edited by -K-
  • Like 2

Exactly, the Buddha only gained enlightenment when he gave up asceticism

The Buddha never gave up asceticism.. Did he return to his marriage after he gained enlightenment?

Being offered and accepting a bowl of rice is the Middle Way.

Being offered and accepting sex and/or a whole table of feast is indulging in greed.

I do not hate or love samsara. Nor do I hate or love enlightenment.

There are no emotional attachments to either samsara or enlightenment.

Yet to break free of samsara in order to gain enlightenment.. one must reject everything about samsara..

Especially the samsara of Lustful Love..

you can't possibly prove to me that thats true. Where did you even hear that?

that is, in and of itself, a condition. What are you talking about?! I don't think you even know.

How do you know? You act like you know, but you don't offer any proof that you know any of that for sure. You aren't even a happy or fulfilled person, from what i gather, and you love to troll. Why should we take your word on anything? There could be pleasure heavens full of lust without attachment for all i know.. hahahah

Like i said, the nature of unfettered consciousness is bliss, and your consciousness is obviously fettered, so how can we take your word on what the higher realms are like? I don't put as much stock in what you say as you do :)

But seriously, i hope you find happiness, thats what actually matters. (Then maybe we can talk about something worth speculating on hahahhaha)

I am not happy nor am I sad.

You do not have to believe what I say. Your karma will determine your fate.

Agreed.

It is also "escapism" which isn't middle path at all...nor is it realistic. A spiritual teacher would never say things like these.

Too much ideas...too much extremism...

The spiritual path is like a snake eating its tail, spinning around. You are cultivating the bitter aspect with very little of the sweet (lets say, yang)...eventually you will move forward and cultivate primarily the sweet aspect with very little of the bitter, after having seen its uselessness (lets say, yin)...as you keep progressing, eventually the two poles will be experienced at a more and more rapid rate...until the point comes that you realize these conceptual and self-imposed dualities are just of the mind and can (SHOULD) be dropped.

Like a ping pong ball that you let bounce...at first it rebounds very high, and then falls again...then it begins to bounce faster and faster, as well as less extreme of a height, at an exponential rate...then at some point the ball eventually comes to a stop...and is still.

At that point you break free from the snake-circle. Then "duality" is seen through. You still can think and have ideas, but they come from a more realistic point of view.

So that's an idea of what should happen later on. What should be done right now, though? Find a real path, and do it. You can still talk and think you're right, etc...it will make no difference. A ping pong ball doesn't bounce higher and higher on its own.

This is because you do not delve deep enough into the meaning of our existence.

When you finally realize the emptiness of samsara and the perpetual trap which humanity is in, you will do anything to escape this trap.

So many of us...

So many of us...

Oh, so many of us, oh so many of us. Out of all that is, so many of it! Maybe 2 maybe 3?! How on earth will we ever be able to count the 3 out of infinity?!

Oh.. So many of us... So many of us...