Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Dances of Ecstacy

I love to dance at good concerts... the other day I attended the Disco Biscuits, I like String Cheese Incident, soon Bob Marley's son is coming to N. Hampton Mass, and so is Medeski Martin and Wood with Jon Scofield.

All of these great shows do amazing things for my meditations and chi, bringing them to new levels when I dance to the "music of the spheres" aware of increasingly deep qigong principles...

Anyone with similar experiences?

Check out this cool quote from a yoga teachers newsletter:

Dance: The Hidden Language of the Soul

It's been said that the body is a sacred garment, and that dance is the hidden language of the soul. The ancient Greeks believed that dancing was a gift from the gods and that the gods offered this gift to select mortals, who in turn taught the art of dance to humanity.

Those are some deep worlds (edit: "words" - but interesting how these words are so close!?). Master Wu talks about Shamanism on his website, there is an article about drum and dance being like a universal way for humans to get knowledge... amazing stuff, how this happened virtually in EVERY culture. I think in the future, we need to go back to dancing and drumming and jamming to music. Definitely in physical education classes where our children just run around in circles. That makes me sick! Phys ed classes? They should be studying psychosomatics (qigong) and worldwide theories on nutrition and health or mental development (meditation)!

Edited by GrandTrinity

All interesting thoughts, GT.

I'd always found it noticable how much better I dance at places like bonfires, and not techno/hippie or hard rock clubs/concerts, or at family reunion 50's & 60's dance hours instead of places with too much scattered & clustered energies. Makes perfect sense though, with dance having an equal importance of focus & ease at what you enjoy.

All around no matter where you go there are many opportunities for dancing in your own enjoyment.

Question is, how much of your life are you jovial enough about to just let yourself be swept by its choreographical play ? The fun thing I've realized is that there's always time, when you melt away all the hardened senses and somber obstacles of disconnection with true inner natures. You just pluck your times of preference whenever needed or desired.

:wub: 'ing thoughts of memories dancing ...

:wub: 'ing so much that it has been and IS part of my daily routine.

Great for exercise & loosenin' up yer goose. :lol:

Sign in to follow this