Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Tell us about your Monthlies

I'll concentrate on a guided meditation each month. This April its Wudangtao's Morning Practice exercise which is 28 minutes and the Evening Practice Wudang exercise which is 31 minutes. One they're very good by themselves, but I also need to build up my discipline and these 2 30 minute programs are a good start.

Both begin, sitting you down and doing some seated stretches. Master Chen suggests places hands and legs a certain way if depending on your sex. Strangely my usual default way is feminine ie right over left. They're guided meditations, starting on the deck of beautiful house overlooking water and forest, river to the side.

In both the breath is long deep with a light version of reverse breathing; you gently contract the anus breathing in, relax everything as you breath out. You're repeated bringing the early morning sun into the third eye, down the center into the dantien. There's long sequences of contraction/expansion visualization of chi moving tightly in and expanding to all part of the universe. Warming up the dantien, expelling any ill chi. Lots of Nature imagery.

In his stilted english he repeats, see and do not see, know and do not know. I like that. He includes bits about sending good will to family, community and world and tuning into happiness and joy. Its seems as Buddhist as Taoist.

After I listen I'll sit in silence for a bit, often in Stillness-Movement mode (ala Ya Mu).

So thats this months particular practice along with long walks.

What practices are you guys up to??

Thanks

Michael

I usually do horse stance but this month I was thinking about doing horse stance instead. If I do horse stance instead of horse stance, my horse stance would suffer. So I think I will do horse stance AND horse stance, as a challenge.

Nah, that's crazy. I'M JUST GOING TO DO HORSE STANCE AND GO LOWER!!!!

MY BUTT WILL TOUCH THE FLOOR MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I usually do horse stance but this month I was thinking about doing horse stance instead. If I do horse stance instead of horse stance, my horse stance would suffer. So I think I will do horse stance AND horse stance, as a challenge.

Nah, that's crazy. I'M JUST GOING TO DO HORSE STANCE AND GO LOWER!!!!

MY BUTT WILL TOUCH THE FLOOR MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried anythink with your chi, besides building it through horse stance? Such as a guided meditation or healing?

I've done a few things before and I would love to do some ek ong kar but my family would think that I'm crazy :lol:

I've done a few things before and I would love to do some ek ong kar but my family would think that I'm crazy :lol:

I think they may already have some inklings in that direction B)

p.s. whats ek ong kar?

It's a kinda complicated meditation with mantras for every chakra and specific breathing

Ek ong kar are first three mantras and so it's often called that

First you yell EK! then onnngg then kaaaaaar and so on, there's specific breathing for each part

and it kinda merges all the chakras together or something and I hear if you have impure pathways it can get dangerous

...not sure I remember how to do it actually :lol:

It's a kinda complicated meditation with mantras for every chakra and specific breathing

Ek ong kar are first three mantras and so it's often called that

First you yell EK! then onnngg then kaaaaaar and so on, there's specific breathing for each part

and it kinda merges all the chakras together or something and I hear if you have impure pathways it can get dangerous

...not sure I remember how to do it actually :lol:

Sounds like a practice for scaring kids. First creep up behind child. Two Yell Ek! Three... (its Passover, the first 4 glasses of wine were ceremonial the next couple voluntary)

Seriously though, I think everyone should have some sort of mantra they make there own, whether sanskrit or one w/ personal or religious meaning.

Maybe we need a favorite breathing pattern, and incense too.

Edited by thelerner

Very pretty. In kotodama (sacred sounds) terms it continually returns to long h ahhhs to activate the heart center.

Sign in to follow this