Elliot

What do you have for breakfast?

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you mostly have for breakfast?

• Cereal
    • Toast
    • Fruit (can be smoothie)
    • A mix of things (fruit + cerial, or toast + cerial)
    • Other (please say)

I usually have a cool delicious refreshing nothing :lol:

and I don't prepare anything special for breakfast and eat what I usually eat

I have found the newest most awesomest breakfast EVER! I've been having this for like 2 weeks everyday now and I still love it. Date and egg omlete or scrambled eggs with dates.

So you take 3 dates(I use fresh plump ones from persian supermarkets, not the ones found at grocery store) take the pits out and chop them up.

Put some butter or oil of choice in a pan and let it get hot. Add the dates in and let them sautee for a like 15 seconds than add 2 eggs. Depending on if I'm lazy or not I just scramble them up. I then eat that up with some whole grain pita bread. Maybe a banana or apple after if I'm still hungry. THAN A GLASS OF GREEN TEA :D.

I still haven't had breakfast I'm gonna get on that now XD. Every bum should make this it tastes soooo awesome, it's a weird combination but once you have it you can't go back.

Depends. I don't really differenciate between breakfast foods and non-breakfast foods, so I'll often eat whatever is left from the day before. What I probably eat most often for breakfast are lentils & rice, with some cumin and perhaps some cinnamon. Quite simple, but it does the trick for me.

Edited by madMUHHH

organic fruit and tea, usually pu-erh

BEE-AY-EN-AY-EN-AY-ESS!!

or mangoes

or apples, pears, whatevers in season really, cant go wrong with delicious fruit

then sometimes for second breakfast i will have granola and almond milk if i am powerfully hungry, like fruit just wont make me feel full or something

but the word of this post is FRUIT

A cup of coffee. And then another. And another. Then I start my day.

(I am having a cup of coffee at this moment in time.)

Voted for fruit (or smoothie) some sort of blender concoction mostly fruit. This morning also spinach, ground flax seed and coconut milk. And one cup of french press coffee (trying to cut back).

• Like 1

Lately I'm a nut for my rice cooker, so it's covering a lot of meals including breakfast. Lately I've made multi-grain rice in the cooker + vegies on the rc's steamer and small beans (adzuki, mung) on the stove - each enough for a number of meals and I put them in tupperware in the refrig.

Then I make a bowl of miso stew in the morning (miso, seaweed, onion + whatever extras I want - lately tomato, brussel sprouts). Sometimes I will throw in a few small pieces of steak. (I buy a whole organic steak and slice it up into small pieces and put it in a ziplock in the freezer for this purpose.)

When soup is ready, I pour it over the grains from the refrig. Cools the soup enough to eat. This is easy and I make enough in my soup-of-the-day pot for 2-3 bowls (not just breakfast).

Anyone or anything that pisses me off (including myself:-)) - kidding:-)

I do like black tea or coffee 1st thing.

Otherwise, 'eat when hungry' which is different according to seasons and when (and where) I get up and what I'm doing after I get up, or if its actually lunchtime when I do get up or any number of variables that resume nicely to 'eat when hungry'.

• Like 1

I have found the newest most awesomest breakfast EVER! I've been having this for like 2 weeks everyday now and I still love it. Date and egg omlete or scrambled eggs with dates.

So you take 3 dates(I use fresh plump ones from persian supermarkets, not the ones found at grocery store) take the pits out and chop them up.

Put some butter or oil of choice in a pan and let it get hot. Add the dates in and let them sautee for a like 15 seconds than add 2 eggs. Depending on if I'm lazy or not I just scramble them up. I then eat that up with some whole grain pita bread. Maybe a banana or apple after if I'm still hungry. THAN A GLASS OF GREEN TEA .

I still haven't had breakfast I'm gonna get on that now XD. Every bum should make this it tastes soooo awesome, it's a weird combination but once you have it you can't go back.

Amazing idea...thank you! I will try that exactly!

I'm totally all about the typical breakfast foods, or variations thereof. Except pancakes...seriously yuck.

I have enjoyed fruit smoothies in the past. Although I prefer getting my dose of animal proteins and fats instead.

ya'll are living the life of luxury in breakfastland,

today i had about a palmful of gogi berries.

some wonderful sunshine and fresh air.

breathed in very deeply.

i am gonna make time for a coffee break soon.

• Like 1

I only ever want something light first thing in the morning. Hated all traditional hearty breakfast foods when I was a kid, til I got to college and figured out they taste really good around 2 am.

Coffee and toast.

(sometimes my own bread which bake)

I tried to give up coffee a while ago until the Coffee God called me back to the path of righteousness.

I usually have whatever i have. it's not a whole lot consistent. the most is cereal and/or toast. Coffee later on, between 7:00 AM and 3:00 PM...

Around the time of lunch, which is ALSO consistently inconsistently whatever...

A lot of fruit, Rice milk/Cereal/ Toast with jelly/peanut butter/i started making a lot of veggies with tofu on top of toast or on the side. I drink either water or tea with honey and lemon.

I tried to give up coffee a while ago until the Coffee God called me back to the path of righteousness.

Confusing the Devil with God because both seem almighty? :P

For me, mostly oatmeal hopefully with some fruit like a pear mixed in, cinnamon on top sometimes brown sugar, always with unsweetened soy milk. Aside from being filling and full of energy, it keeps my grocery bills way down.

Sometimes also millet with toasted pumpkin seeds and fruit mixed in. This is also very inexpensive.

Otherwise organic granola or rice and millet flakes with soy milk, or peanut butter and toast, or sometimes an egg and cheese sandwich.

Also fresh ground, french press coffee.

On weekends usually eggs, potatoes and onions fried in butter(makes all the difference), and maybe some broccoli.

Any good recipes for breakfast potatoes?

taoist taters? i dont reckon its recommended by too many taoist about potatos.(or onions)

sweet potatoes , yes.

consider the qi in your food.(more herbs)