Thunder_Gooch

Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu

Thank you so much guys!

Yes please, at least for the ones above. Google helped with the rest. :)

just buy the book, were not goin post the whole book on here...

If you guys aren't going to review it anytime soon could someone post at least the table of contents please? :)

I have a review in my practice section.

• Like 1

just buy the book, were not goin post the whole book on here...

No but you could have given a brief description, like shui gong is sleeping qigong etc... Also Mantis' review prompted me to cancel the order, will wait to see more reviews first.

edit: And besides, Ish kindly offerred to do that by himself, otherwise I might not have even asked.

Edited by Pero

靈寳通智能內功術

Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu

The internal practice method of the efficacious treasure through mental intelligence.

I finally figured out what it says in Chinese....:)

Thank you so much guys!

Yes please, at least for the ones above. Google helped with the rest. :)

Nu Dan xin fa = Female golden pill guideline. So it's the womans practice after they have foundation in yin xian fa, zhi neng gong, san xian gong etc.

Nei shi fa = Method of inner vision

Zi shi gang = "zi shi" is the time 11pm - 1am there are some methods for gathering yang qi. It is used after there is strong foundation in the other arts.

Guan Shi Mo Xiang and ting fu yi mu = Visualizing our master and memorizing his image. Listening to and remembering our parents. May eliminate karma and train the ling (soul) to communicate with others.

16 is related to a bagua sphere

17 and 18 are interesting methods to communicate with the universe/stars,

Developing xing and ling.

Although the book isnt "perfect" (you cant expect a perfect training manual on this kind of art through a book - imo) i would still strongly recommend. It contains a load of good info, and gives some insight into this school.

I think mantis said it's not like a step by step manual - fair enough but there definitely is some structure, lots of the practices are supplemental i think, i assume if you are taught in person certain practices may be more essential to you depending on your developement.

• Like 1

No but you could have given a brief description, like shui gong is sleeping qigong etc... Also Mantis' review prompted me to cancel the order, will wait to see more reviews first.

edit: And besides, Ish kindly offerred to do that by himself, otherwise I might not have even asked.

If you buy this book and don't like it, I will offer to refund you $28 in exchange you mail it to me so I can send it to a friend of mine.

If you buy this book and don't like it, I will offer to refund you $28 in exchange you mail it to me so I can send it to a friend of mine.

i second that...the book is great im in chp.4 where it talks about yin yang communication , helped out abunch!!!

i liked this book quite a bit. i know a little about Lung Men Pai training, but not a lot compared to other systems. i am friends with several practitioners (who recommended the book). i got it in the mail two days after it came out and have read most of it. While there are some criticisms one could make of the translation, i find it to be wonderful and a worthwhile investment.

i would ask those who know more about Lung Men Pai training, which of the LMP training levels each of the following correspond to.

1. Yin xian fa

2. Zhi Neng Gong

3. San Xian Gong

4. Tai yi Jin hua zhong zi

5. Nu Dan Xin fa

6. Shui Gong

7. Nei Shi Fa

8. Jin Yang Huo and Tui Yin fu

9. Zi shi gang

10. Guan Shi Mo Xiang and ting fu yi mu

11. Zi Ran Huan Qi Fa

12. Ping Heng Gong

13. Standing Training

14. Capturing the Sun's jing of essence and the moon's light

15. Moving the 5 elements to open the eight extra channels

16. Ba gua yi qiu gong

17. Tian gang ba gua bu

18. Tian gang stars training

Maybe it says, i will honestly need to read through this a couple of times more than my initial read on the elliptical trainer in the mornings.

Is this book any use for beginners or those without much knowledge of Taoist alchemy terminology? I have read many Taoist books but I did not recognise any of the terms used in the contents.

Is it more just a training accompaniment book or does it stand alone without necessarily needing personal instruction from the teacher?

It is definitely NOT an introductory book. It is apparently for folks who already meditate and are familiar with Taoist meditative practices in general, and Lung Men Pai specifically. For such people, it is very good.

Anyone else find reverse breathing quite difficult?

My training up to now has basically all been natural abdominal breathing, and i can just go deeper and deeper and the breath becomes empty very easily.

But reverse breathing is another story, feels so mechanical and i find myself just reverting back to abdominal breathing to half catch my breath.

Is this book any use for beginners or those without much knowledge of Taoist alchemy terminology? I have read many Taoist books but I did not recognise any of the terms used in the contents.

Is it more just a training accompaniment book or does it stand alone without necessarily needing personal instruction from the teacher?

No it is not, start with spring forest qigong if you want an introductory course. Chunyi lin is the best teacher to help those new to it. I also hear Ya Mu on the forums is a great teacher.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/

There is a longmen pai forum you can go to ask questions about things on the practices though if you wish.

http://www.longmenpai.com/forum/

Also you can take a retreat in the USA when they offer it. Kathy Li and Wenhong Sun are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They even drove me around Atlanta because I suck driving in traffic so bad.

They are not doing it for a profit, the cost of the retreat barely covers all the expenses.

I highly recommend them as teachers.

http://www.laoziacademy.us/

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Very cool. i've been consistently impressed with the kindness of all Lung Men Pai folks i know and have met. i definitely plan to train with Shifu Wang when he ends up making his way to the US.

Mine has just arrived!! I will open the package in exactly 5 minutes at 2:22

and then let you all know what I think. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

i would ask those who know more about Lung Men Pai training, which of the LMP training levels each of the following correspond to.

1. Yin xian fa

2. Zhi Neng Gong

3. San Xian Gong

4. Tai yi Jin hua zhong zi

5. Nu Dan Xin fa

6. Shui Gong

7. Nei Shi Fa

8. Jin Yang Huo and Tui Yin fu

9. Zi shi gang

10. Guan Shi Mo Xiang and ting fu yi mu

11. Zi Ran Huan Qi Fa

12. Ping Heng Gong

13. Standing Training

14. Capturing the Sun's jing of essence and the moon's light

15. Moving the 5 elements to open the eight extra channels

16. Ba gua yi qiu gong

17. Tian gang ba gua bu

18. Tian gang stars training

My two cents regarding a typical LongMenPai practice day with a teacher including beginners would look like this:

In the morning (normally around six o'clock): 11. ZiRanHuanQiFa- This means walking in nature and exchanging Qi with nature. The walk and the breathing are in sync as described in Opening the Dragon Gate, for instance three steps- breathing in; three steps- breathing out.

Then around ten o'clock: A combination of 7.NeiShiFa- If I remember correctly this is looking inside. and of 15. Moving the 5 Elements (this would be the virtuous cylce so to speak of each element strengthening the next one: beginning at Lower Dantian and then to Water (Bladder) to Wood (Gallblader/Liver) to Fire (Heart) to Earth (Stomach/Spleen) to Metal (Lungs) to Water (Kidneys and Bladder again) back to Lower Dantian.

Then in the afternoon it might be a session of 6. ShuiGong- lying down in a number of variaties (different palm positions; concentrating on different dantian)

And in the evening once it's dark: 12. PingHengGong- Basically TreeQiGong

I don't know about the other exercises.

Although the book isnt "perfect" (you cant expect a perfect training manual on this kind of art through a book - imo) i would still strongly recommend. It contains a load of good info, and gives some insight into this school.

I think mantis said it's not like a step by step manual - fair enough but there definitely is some structure, lots of the practices are supplemental i think, i assume if you are taught in person certain practices may be more essential to you depending on your developement.

Thank you! :)

My training up to now has basically all been natural abdominal breathing, and i can just go deeper and deeper and the breath becomes empty very easily.

But reverse breathing is another story, feels so mechanical and i find myself just reverting back to abdominal breathing to half catch my breath.

yeah i think your one of us who got the book but yeah it does have a lot to do with reverse breathing but if you Are "ACTUALLY" reading the book you would know it says in i forgot what chp. but im sure its before chp.4 but its says dont move forward till your comfortable naturaly breathing in reverse...its hard at first, but try to hold your breath when your not on ryhme...to have yin and yang communication you have to do it relax and in a fluid motion. good luck! :blush: think of it as when you natural abdominal breath your building qi and when you reverse breath your manipulating it.

When you go really deep into abdominal Breathing then your Breathing reverse.

If you do reverse when it is still natural for you to do abdominal breathing then it is mechanical. The point is not that it start out reverse but the first part is natural abdominal Breathing and then it reverse when Qi sinks deep enough and breath expands deep. It is like in a Explosion first it compress then it expands, you have two steps not one in the natural breathing.

• Like 1

In Reverse breathing(RB), one was just do the opposite of natural abdominal breathing(NB).

In RB one suck in the abdomen while inhale and expand the abdomen while exhale. The purpose of RB is to exchange the breath at a faster rate for a high level martial artist to Fa Jin(發勁). Therefore, in RB, one does not have to expand the abdomen all the way out before the next breath, as in NB, to keep up the body to generate the body strength. Thus RB is quite mechanical IMO.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Yeah i've softened the breath a lot more. it's quite subtle but the technique is relatively easy. There is heat straight away on using reverse breathing.

To help train that forget the front of the abdomen for a while. Just focus on the motion of the diaphragm/psoas and how it interacts with the perineum. Just that right there, consider the difference between reverse and natural, those two components and forget everything else, and you have grasped the root. The psoas/diaphragm connection is what moves first in either breath, in reverse the perineum motion stabilizes the psoas and the dantien is an ostensible fulcrum. Once you start getting that smooth, then worry about how much energy potential the front of the abdomen is considering :)

• Like 1

is there anywhere in the uk , europe i can get this , ?

i have searched but no luck ?

is there anywhere in the uk , europe i can get this , ?

i have searched but no luck ?

Im in the uk too. Got it shipped from the US via amazon.com

It got here in a week with the expedited delivery option.