mewtwo

The best meditation to change the world?

So um as one does his or her spiritual practice one changes and so does the world. I was wondering what was the best meditation to change the world, like getting ride of all the injustices in the world and such?

Thanks

By world, you mean the human population? I can only guess, as I am only a pin drop of blindess. I think the meditation has to have a strong-wide influence that can efficiently affect someone else. Maybe affecting 10 people with intent is the same as affecting a million because mind is not limited, or it may be better to affect 10 or even just 1 person with all your intent, than to spread so thin. The latter carries a certain logic, but I am told the former is the case too. Maybe the meditation has to do with the number of participants, such as those world group meditation experiments, or maybe you can rustle together a group of attained individuals with a larger power and get better results.

Off the top of my head they type of meditation would have to do with healing or pure love-kindness. You cant go wrong with that. But then again, I percieve the greatest problem of people today is programmed insatiable greed, such that even billionaires feel lack inside. So what could counteract that? Something specific, or a vaguer, broader raising of energy level in human population. I dunno. Worthwhile to spend time musing.

If you believe that Tao is operating to balance the world, then we can all help by feeling the flow calling us to where there are imbalances and deficiencies. It's based on the Taoist principle of microcosm mirroring macrocosm because the world around us (and then the universe enclosing our world) is like a "body" infused with energies carried along meridians and channels. Then each person could be like a blood cell carrying nourishment or a white cell repelling disorder or an energy healer.

For that, I would seek out a Taoist meditation to develop that ability to sense deficiencies and excesses in the world:

Mirror Mind Meditation

http://taocurrents.org/2012/02/14/training-mirror-mind-meditation-wbiofeedback-assist/

Edited by silas

Dont try to change the world - instead use your time, energy and intelligence to transform your mind. Then both you and the world will change accordingly.

Cooking up stories about mass vibratory resonance or pervasive synchronization of ascended beings and all that nonsense aint gonna do one bit of good if one's mind has not been 'tamed'.

• Like 3

Dont try to change the world - instead use your time, energy and intelligence to transform your mind. Then both you and the world will change accordingly.

I, personally, doubt that even though it would be wonderful.

The world (humanity) is what it is. I really don't expect any significant changes any time soon, doesn't matter how effectively I meditate.

• Like 1

Well meditation really can change the world that is for sure. In LA in america serveral people sat down and meditated for a couple of months or so and the crime rate dropped dramatically. When they stopped the crime rate returned to normal. They studied it and found that there was no other cause for the drop of crime rate other than the meditators. You can read about it here: http://istpp.org/crime_prevention/

So really all you need to do is be be happy as often as possible, and the easiest way to achieve that is awareness meditation. As soon as you begin your world will already appeared to have changed. So wasn't that easy. Then you can see the whole world becomming better and better by the day.

The world (humanity) is what it is. I really don't expect any significant changes any time soon, doesn't matter how effectively I meditate.

See above link. It is what it is but you affect everyone else, and everybody affects you too.

But i think all in all people don't have to worry about changing everyone else, just start with themselves first and when an opportunity appears to help someone else you have the choice to do so if you want.

• Like 1

It is what it is but you affect everyone else, and everybody affects you too.

I will never deny that. Thing is, we need be sure we are what we should be before we go about trying to change anyone else. I do hold to the concept of Universal Chi energy and the properties of Yin and Yang; the negative and the positive.

My (and anyone else's) energy does effect others. We need be attentive as to what energy we are generating. This can be done only by concentrating on one's own thought and actions.

I did not mean instant transformation, MH!

Let me give an example...

A person in mental anguish looks at an aquarium, filled with colorful fish, and likely can only be occupied by his angst, maybe even thinking that those stupid creatures are partly responsible for his turmoil.

Another person, mentally at peace, collected in spirit, sees an empty glass tank, and will naturally be drawn to imagine how wonderful it would be to create a space-world for some fish and share the beauty with others, and then sets about making it happen. When it comes together, there is delight everywhere! So, that's how one's basic mind can affect others and oneself.

Its just a very simple example, but i hope the meaning is somewhat there.

I did not mean instant transformation, MH!

Oh, I think I did not misunderstand you.

For some reason I just felt like talking this morning and this thread already has value and I was just trying to add to that value.

I like to think that it is a rare person who can drive or walk past my place and not appreciate the beauty of the flowers growing there. And many times I have hoped that they might bring a smile to the person's heart.

Ah, the aquarium. There are four empty ones in my dining room. I gave up on the fish. They are supposed to be transformed into terrariums with some lovely African Violets growing in them. I have been waiting for them to magically appear but to this day they have not. I guess I will have to take some form of action in order for the desired end result.

Cooking up stories about mass vibratory resonance or pervasive synchronization of ascended beings and all that nonsense aint gonna do one bit of good if one's mind has not been 'tamed'.

You dont need to be enlightened, or have a tamed mind to be able to be of use to others, materially or energetically.

Is meditating for the benefit of others a worthwile cultivation method? Yes, of course it is, but the acutal results on others are hard to measure.

The question of best meditation to change the world may just be the most important subject ever in man's history, certainly not one to gloss over. Ascended beings probably debate this, who doesnt want man to wake out of our selfish and self destructive ways sooner rather than later?

• Like 1

So um as one does his or her spiritual practice one changes and so does the world. I was wondering what was the best meditation to change the world, like getting ride of all the injustices in the world and such?

Thanks

This question is difficult to answer because in order to determine what is best, one has to have access to some alternatives.

So let's say you start 10 universes using identical starting conditions. Then you meditate in Universe 1 on compassion. In Universe 2 you meditate on wisdom. In Universe 3 you meditate on non-attachment. In Universe 4 you meditate on formlessness. And so on. Then you compare the results after 3 long aeons. Then you proclaim one of those meditations to be the best one.

The problem is, you can't start 10 universes. So you can't compare meditations. Even if you meditated one way and then another, and a positive change appeared, how would you know this change was simply not a delayed effect of an earlier meditation? Because effects can be delayed, it would be incredibly hard to pinpoint which meditation is doing what exactly as far as the world state is concerned.

Besides being delayed, effects often get mixed too. So the results you experience today may be a mix of your present and earlier intentions.

So this makes determining what is comparatively best difficult, if not outright impossible.

So, with that in mind, if your intent is to eliminate injustice, and you approach this from the perspective of wisdom, namely you don't limit yourself by well wishing, but you go on to actually examine the causes of injustice in detail, to learn from them, to understand them, to understand how they arise and cease and vary with different circumstances, to understand various factors at play and so on, then eventually the result will be a very good one. I don't know if it's the best, or second best, but it will be decent, imo. I'm assuming your actions will reflect your developing understanding.

Edited by goldisheavy
  • Like 1

Ah, the aquarium. There are four empty ones in my dining room. I gave up on the fish. They are supposed to be transformed into terrariums with some lovely African Violets growing in them. I have been waiting for them to magically appear but to this day they have not. I guess I will have to take some form of action in order for the desired end result.

A miracle happened!!! The terrariums are now filled with African Violets!!!

A truely amazing event!!!

A miracle happened!!! The terrariums are now filled with African Violets!!!

A truely amazing event!!!

Ah, thats wonderful, MH...

See, a little nook in the world has just become a little prettier.

Soothing...

:)

Well meditation really can change the world that is for sure. In LA in america serveral people sat down and meditated for a couple of months or so and the crime rate dropped dramatically. When they stopped the crime rate returned to normal. They studied it and found that there was no other cause for the drop of crime rate other than the meditators. You can read about it here: http://istpp.org/crime_prevention/

So really all you need to do is be be happy as often as possible, and the easiest way to achieve that is awareness meditation. As soon as you begin your world will already appeared to have changed. So wasn't that easy. Then you can see the whole world becomming better and better by the day.

I think with enough people, a difference can be made in the general consideration level given to people just by being more generous with space on the sidewalks.

I noticed that the vibe in a street can become very uptight based on people being greedy or inconsiderate with space on the sidewalk. It could just be me, but when I realized this and started making more effort to somewhat chivalrously give way to people, the vibe seemed to be more easy eventually.

I think if enough people make an effort to do this, then people will pass it on, and the guard comes down a bit and people are happier and less stressed about guarding their personal space. I don't know what this would do on a world level, but if the vibration goes down a bit, the low tension level allows for more mindfulness.

Thanks

The one(s) that improve yourself most. Working affirmations and attitude changes that make you a positive energetic being. You'll help by existing.

Thanks

The one(s) that improve yourself most. Working affirmations and attitude changes that make you a positive energetic being. You'll help by existing.

Thanks

Metta meditation would probably be the best practice to change the world, if everyone on earth practiced it daily and sincerely, we would live in heaven. Just my $0.02

• Like 3

There is no best.

Best exists in our minds.

Best = conflict = us = them = fear

Gotta go someone is knocking on my door- probably going to tell me which is best. :)

• Like 2

I agree that there is no point in trying to change the world with meditation. The world has been fucked up forever and will be so until we're all gone. Even if we could achieve peace and prosperity for all, end hunger, disease, etc... people would still be unhappy, because happiness does not come from an external source. So don't try. Paradise is right here every moment, or so I'm told ;)

But, if you're really interested in trying to meditate to create a better world or something, maybe try "Transcendental Meditation" http://www.tm.org/ ... world peace is the stated goal of that method. I don't know anything about it really, other than its expensive and that it involves reciting mantras. :lol:

edited for spelling

Edited by multiarms

Although it is relatively convincing, if you consider chaos theory, the true origins of the crime reduction effects are worth examining. I'd be more happy about a repetitive ninja-meditation project, where it is tried to keep the meditation the only exceptional activity, also making sure that the time for meditation doesn't fall into a timeframe where other activities with substantial effect on the environment would otherwise be performed.

I hope you get what I'm pointing at.

By the way, the graph in the link is somewhat ambiguous. It says "percent change", but is that based on the previous sample or cumulative figures?

By the way, maybe there comes a time where peace meditator becomes a paid job. :lol: After all, reducing crime saves a lot of money.

I would also like to see a 4000 people meditation group focusing on specific persons that are performing severe warmongering. Maybe one day, political demonstrations will be replaced by political meditations, if it is found that they are more effective. ^_^

Edited by Owledge