FinShaggy

Apocalypse?

Alright,

The Mayan Calendar:

The Earth has years, the year "ends" at the end of a calendar year. The Mayan's had Calendars for the moon, for many of the planets, for Earth, for the sun, and I think some other stars...

But the "End of the Calendar" is NOT the "Apocalypse"...

The Mayan's made CALENDARS, 2012 is the end of what is called an "AGE", specifically we are moving from "The Age of Pisces" TO "The Age of Aquarius".

The SUN has a calendar (That the Mayan's made, based on the suns movement through the Milky Way Galaxy) a "Sun Year" is called an "Age". So it is not the "End of the world"...The sun has just made a shift through the galaxy, and they calculated that shift happening before it happened...

In terms of change...Think of it this way:

By the end of 2011, EVERYTHING that will be invented, and released in 2011 comes out.

THEN in 2012, some new things come out RIGHT AWAY...But, you don't get to see ALL the new things for 2012, until 2012 is DONE. Something could still be released December 31 2012. So don't expect to see ALL the leaps of this age in the first year, don't expect EVERYTHING to change, or "The World to end" by Dec 2012...There are THOUSANDS of years left in the age of Aquarius...There is MUCH more too come...

But the past 100-200 years is a HUGE indication of what is to come.

The invention of flight, harnessing of electricity, advancements in conductivity (Microchips), all kinds of things. These have happened in preparation of the new age. And for the Next few thousand years, things are going to happen that we could NEVER IMAGINE...

And it can go so many different ways...

There will be a lot of potential for good though

What does the age of Aquarius mean for us?

Maybe nothing.

This change will be over 1,000 years or more. So we all may be dead before anything big happens.

But:

a shift away from slavery, literal, and pay check

better integration of technology and nature

possibly a new species of human, "the next step"

and things we could never even imagine. Like how flight, and electricity changed the world. There are plenty more of those that we will reach.

What does the age of Aquarius mean for us?

Some would say its already here...

Information obsession and overload, postmodernisation where all Ideas become 'equal' and equally meaningless, nothing is true, everything is permitted, and pluralistic thinking in every court. 'Truth' becomes just another perspective, a Hanna Montanna movie is just as valuable as a Shakespearean play...

A Mundane who sits on his ass watching fox news all day is just as important or wise as the greatest Inner explorers, and his lifestyle is just as Valid.

Judgement becomes 'uncool'. If someone says an honest statement like "Yeah I stole the money for your operation!" followed by "Don't judge me!" It is supposed to make everything cool or even because of the honesty...

It seems like an Apocalypse of meaningless to me. And the decline of human civilization.

But I suppose there may be a good side in here somewhere. Small communities of 'superior' Individuals [hehehe] may be able to escape the quagmire of the mundane and highly entertained world, and forge something Beautiful. Small centers of understanding created to outlast this wave of meaninglessness and retain humanities most precious teachings, that we can become something greater. a new type of being.

From homo sapiens to homo Numinous.

Some would say its already here...

Information obsession and overload, postmodernisation where all Ideas become 'equal' and equally meaningless, nothing is true, everything is permitted, and pluralistic thinking in every court. 'Truth' becomes just another perspective, a Hanna Montanna movie is just as valuable as a Shakespearean play...

A Mundane who sits on his ass watching fox news all day is just as important or wise as the greatest Inner explorers, and his lifestyle is just as Valid.

Judgement becomes 'uncool'. If someone says an honest statement like "Yeah I stole the money for your operation!" followed by "Don't judge me!" It is supposed to make everything cool or even because of the honesty...

It seems like an Apocalypse of meaningless to me. And the decline of human civilization.

But I suppose there may be a good side in here somewhere. Small communities of 'superior' Individuals [hehehe] may be able to escape the quagmire of the mundane and highly entertained world, and forge something Beautiful. Small centers of understanding created to outlast this wave of meaninglessness and retain humanities most precious teachings, that we can become something greater. a new type of being.

From homo sapiens to homo Numinous.

Is there some direct linking to this being due to Aquarius though, for example isn't Aquarius associated with water and floods and being too spiritually inclined without much grounding, it's hard for me to see links with Aquarius and things going on in the world like you mention and other things like the Arab Spring and the rise of China.

I can see how many new age beliefs and alternative therapies which have become popular are quite Aquarian but they have been around for a while now.

Is there some direct linking to this being due to Aquarius though, for example isn't Aquarius associated with water and floods and being too spiritually inclined without much grounding, it's hard for me to see links with Aquarius and things going on in the world like you mention and other things like the Arab Spring and the rise of China.

I can see how many new age beliefs and alternative therapies which have become popular are quite Aquarian but they have been around for a while now.

Aquarius is an air sign. {mind, thinking, Ideas...}

The image is the water bearer, which has deeper occult meanings, but it is an Air sign, not a water sign... :)

the long count doesnt measure the procession of the equinox. it is coincidental that the age of aquarius is happening at this time.

the 5th sun and the end of the long count is said to have the potential to happen "with a bang" according to native calendar keepers. the last sun ended with a flood, and the one before it with an ice age, and before that the hopi talk about another cleansing at the end of an age called a "sun"

so fin i think you're half right. and im not trying to bring anyone down, its just that the possibility of apocalypse is very real to hear the native elders talk about it.

i recommend this site for learning about what the mayans are (finally) saying about the calendar

http://www.shiftoftheages.com

Edited by anamatva

That website does not ring true for me, anamatva.

its a movie site to promote a documentary about wandering wolf's message for the world at this time. It isn't a site of native elders. as far as i know there aren't any sites like that. and shift of the ages is looking for funding so thats probably why it rang false. The movie is completely public funded, with no major label support. So they are doing a fundraising campaign at all times... but it is legitimately the mayan message to the world at this time.

go to "wandering wolf's messages" for the meat of that site. sorry, i should have said that.

http://www.shiftoftheages.com/wandering_wolfs_message

those vids are really where its at. Or just youtube "wandering wolf". Hes the grand mayan elder, and he's been talking to the public about the mayan calendar since 2007 so theres a body of authentic work that surrounds him. but everything else, including carl johan calleman and ian xel lundgold and a lot of great scholars is just outsider scholarship. None of those people can really claim to understand the calendar.

So that is more what i meant to say. i was just trying to keep it brief. :) Thanks for pointing that out

Edited by anamatva