73543_1494798777

Sickening feeling from too much larger reality

Ive been having some really intense spiritual experiences recently. Such significantly altered states of consciousness, without any drugs--just QI. I feel almost traumatized, I dont know what the hell to grab on to. Ive dissolved, no familiar "me" that I knew for all of my life. And then the "me" comes back, but its not the same. If everybody had these kind of experiences, the world would be a completely different place. How do you process this? It makes me feel sick coming back to my old dreams and aspirations when I know that there is so much more to reality than what I thought.

Is this 2012 shit, or have these abilities always been available to humans?

Check out the book in my signature...I find it truly helpful. You can always return Kindle books within a week or so.

:)

The entire universe is within you, so there is no need to grasp on to what you already are. Take a rest, it will be fine, the larger reality is alive and she is looking out for you.

• Like 1

hehehe i guess by default its 2012 shit, but also i think that your sort of experience has always happened. The limited self of finite consciousness is not what we really are. We are an unlimited self of infinite consciousness... we are THAT, god, goddess, divinity itself, or a spark thereof.

The key to unfolding the consciousness of the higher self in my experience is to embrace it humbly and know that you are divine and boundless, not in a way that makes you special, but in a way that is humbling. It helps me to know that i am not what i thought i was, the limited and conditioned self that society and family has taught us that we are.

the words of the hopi elders come to mind...

You have been telling the people that this is the Eleventh Hour.

Now you must go back and tell the people that this is The Hour.

Here are the things that must be considered:

Where are you living?

What are you doing?

What are your relationships?

Are you in right relation?

Where is your water?

Know our garden.

It is time to speak your Truth.

Create your community.

Be good to each other.

And do not look outside yourself for the leader.

This could be a good time!

There is a river flowing now very fast.

It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid.

They will try to hold on to the shore.

They will feel like they are being torn apart, and they will suffer greatly.

Know the river has its destination.

The elders say we must let go of the shore, push off toward the middle of

the river,

keep our eyes open, and our heads above the water.

See who is there with you and celebrate.

At this time in history, we are to take nothing personally, least of all

ourselves!

For the moment we do, our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt.

The time of the lonely wolf is over.

Gather yourselves!

Banish the word struggle from your attitude and vocabulary.

All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.

We are the ones we have been waiting for.

The Elders,

Oraibi, Arizona

Hopi Nation

• Like 1

Ive been having some really intense spiritual experiences recently. Such significantly altered states of consciousness, without any drugs--just QI. I feel almost traumatized, I dont know what the hell to grab on to. Ive dissolved, no familiar "me" that I knew for all of my life. And then the "me" comes back, but its not the same. If everybody had these kind of experiences, the world would be a completely different place. How do you process this? It makes me feel sick coming back to my old dreams and aspirations when I know that there is so much more to reality than what I thought.

Is this 2012 shit, or have these abilities always been available to humans?

In many years of meditation I have found one thing to be true, that regardless of what I learn and experience I always return to this world. The Zen Buddhists have a phrase that many disparage and belittle, but it talks about what you're experiencing and was meant to explain this process of existence that we can't deny, "before enlightenment we chop wood and carry water, after enlightenment we chop wood and carry water."

Many people will lead you to believe that once you've achieved a degree of awareness that you will transcend this world, but the fact of the matter is that no matter what you experience, so long as your consciousness continues to reside on this Earth, don't believe for a second that you have transcended the menial tasks that take up your day. You will still eat, drink, work, and sleep. You will still have desires and wants, the only difference is that if you continue to practice you may see through the facade of the world as you see it and view it as it really is.

All is one and one is all. Simple as that. Now will you stop thinking of the one and concentrate on the all? Or do you understand that everything the one is can be found in the all and everything in the all can be found in the one?

Remember the three jewels at this time and that will help you. Be compassionate, be aware of what you really need, so that you can differentiate between needs and wants, and finally stop competing with others, rather live so that you can meet your needs and then in meeting your needs, meet other's needs as well. This is a wise thing for everyone to remember, but sometimes we need a kick in the pants in order to get back on the right track, that's compassion too.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Just go crazy with it and let everything become alive. Do not try to return to such a thing as the mundane world. There is no such thing. It's only a habitual label you are now realizing is false.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes
  • Like 2

It doesn't have to last for years:-)

Gerard, IMO all that a person needs to do is recognize a Dark Night. Not be afraid of it (which is counterproductive IMO).

It's like since I read about Whathisface's 'wind' that feels like you're being cut to pieces I've been scared of the idea. Then I remembered having all kinds on crazy chi sensations ages ago and while 'being ripped to threads' wasn't one of them, being 'stomped all over and dragged backwards through a hedge' certainly was.

The point is that the descriptions of experiences are pointers and everyone's 'mileage' may vary.

Now if a given religion has codified such things then bully for it, but IMO it shouldn't be so quick to hand out predictions to others not practicing within its framework. That could be at best mistaken, at worst misinformation.

If you are having a spiritual crisis.

STOP.

Do not meditate anymore till you are grounded.

Eat large full meals, protein is grounding. If you are vegetarian eat lots of dairy and eggs at meals.

Shower to rejuvenate and relax not just clean yourself.

Chill out and listen to calm music, don't focus on heavy existential questions.

Limit sensory overload from other people, stay away from people if you feel unbalanced.

Use your will power to ground yourself, and push out negative emotions into the earth.

Relax and breath deeply while you push out negative emotions.

Use your will power to get a grip on things, say I am in control, everything is fine, and mean it with stalwart resolve.

Above all else make sure you are getting enough quality sleep.

That is the best advice I can give from someone who's been at ground zero.

• Like 4

If it is a dark night experience the advice from St John is to just sit with your darkness and negative emotions without trying to get rid of them, just wait with patience that it will pass, which also matches my experience. It may only last a long time if you try to get out of it, but doing nothing is very difficult for most of us when we are suffering.

:lol:

I'll never forget calling my teacher in Hawaii from the mainland in a panicked state after not sleeping for weeks and asking "So you should just be where you are!?"

"Yes, just be where you are." He replied calmly.

Hiking/being in nature was very helpful to me.

Good luck and take care.