Sign in to follow this  
Taoist81

Golden Flower

A brief search showed that this had been discussed a bit in the past here. Nevertheless do any of you practice the techniques described in The Secret of the Golden Flower. If so, could you describe your practice? Results?

do any of you practice the techniques described in The Secret of the Golden Flower. If so, could you describe your practice? Results?

Here.

This is truly esoteric but do you think they're really talking about light? Light as in the stuff that flows out of yoru light bulb (or if you wish out of the sun)?

I always thought this referred to either shen (whatever that is) or some other energetic substance that is being created by these processes. And that it's just called "light" because that's what the inner mind "sees" during these practices.

This is truly esoteric but do you think they're really talking about light? Light as in the stuff that flows out of your light bulb (or if you wish out of the sun)?

If we simplify your question to "does it produce externally visible light?", I'd say "Yes", with a qualifier that not everyone sees the light: it depends upon sensitivity of perceiver + the power of the practioner (bulb). I've sat with several teachers who produced strong enough light so that most in the room could see it, everyone could feel it bodily. Usually either the whole area around their body produced light, or that plus the whole room was filled with light. Some underlying ubiquitous filament was switched on.

I always thought this referred to either shen (whatever that is) or some other energetic substance that is being created by these processes.
Yes to both (depending on how you define "shen"). Something that is already there gets experienced more directly (the Vast Light), some things get reversed (attn & energy that used to go outward gets drawn inward by deeper-level center-vibe), some refines away (the reversed energies get consumed, the mundane experience of inside/outside is supplanted), something gets produced (integral light body).

Some of this stuff is just math: you put a deeper power in the mix and other energies follow. Do it skillfully, and you get a bright strong egg. No skill and you end up kind of all over the place. Of course I'm speaking of my own path; I sat with some bright teachers early on but didn't know how to integrate what I was receiving. Got into the HT to try and remedy that and .. what a mess. :lol::lol::lol: I seem to be turning the corner in a positive way these recent days.

As I recall Isvatn worked on Golden Flower type things. He was very influenced by Yudelove. You can look up some of his posts in the Personal section here.

Michael

Sign in to follow this