Sign in to follow this  
Treena

Energy work

I'm curious as to how many of you out there base your occupation on your taoist viewpoint and energy work? For me, that is what I do. Classes and clients.

I'm curious as to how many of you out there base your occupation on your taoist viewpoint and energy work? For me, that is what I do. Classes and clients.

I teach a Taoist martial/spiritual Chi Kung (internal Alchemy) but it is far from being an occupation, more like a hobby. My occupation is making custom fireplace glass doors for people with way too much money, as a master craftsman. It fits with Taoist viewpoint but has nothing to do with energy work.

Thats nifty Treena, what exactly do you do?

Personally, I think the rift between business and reasearch with energy work is getting TOO BIG. If I am to go into this work, it will be non profit and accountable - affiliated with the public and world interest.

Not to get off topic, but I feel longevity and world peace are intimately connected (and integrative health)...

I became a Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine because of my Taoist training and lifestyle.

It has always amazed me that there are so many Acupuncture Physicians and Medical Herbalists out there with no personal affiliation to Taoist philosophy.

In my opinion, the practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is one of the highest paths to an understanding of Taoist Science. Practicing TCM without practicing Taoist lifestyle is akin to becoming a Master Chef while living on a diet of twinkies and McBurgers.

I am studying TCM. Right now I am in my third year. Hopefully I will be doing my Intership in around a year. My study of Taoism and my interest in studying TCM sort of arose at the same time.

Practicing TCM without practicing Taoist lifestyle is akin to becoming a Master Chef while living on a diet of twinkies and McBurgers.

WELL SAID

Its really messed up... every accupuncture school needs at least one Tao bum to train them in Qi Gong and whatnot.

What school are you attending, where do you hope to practice?

The American College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Not sure where right now. I am with a girl from France (she's studying at the same school) so we may end up as "sorcier"s in France. "Knowing the future is only a flowery trapping of the Tao" :D

Whats up with France? The word Meridian is French and I hear they had Accupuncture waaay before America?

For everybody interested in acupuncture I suggest to check out www.jungtao.com

teaches Frech/Vietnamese classical acupuncture...

I teach a Taoist martial/spiritual Chi Kung (internal Alchemy) but it is far from being an occupation, more like a hobby. My occupation is making custom fireplace glass doors for people with way too much money, as a master craftsman. It fits with Taoist viewpoint but has nothing to do with energy work.

Mmm! Custom fireplace doors. Sounds like energy work to me! And especially gratifying, thinking of that lovely fire energy warming and flickering through the door.

Thats nifty Treena, what exactly do you do?

Personally, I think the rift between business and reasearch with energy work is getting TOO BIG. If I am to go into this work, it will be non profit and accountable - affiliated with the public and world interest.

Not to get off topic, but I feel longevity and world peace are intimately connected (and integrative health)...

I teach tai chi and chi gung/qigong. I do energy and bodywork. I'm presently studying Medical Qigong.

You raise an interesting point about healing work and renumeration. This is something I've thought about often. I've come to view it this way now, in some great past healers were often taken care of within their tribal group so there was no need to charge a fee. Nowadays, this is not necessarily so. Should the healer starve to be altruistic? Does this help anyone?

Another aspect is the commitment people make when they pay a fee. They are committing not only their time, but something that has value to them. For me, this also means they are much more likely to commit 'themselves' to their healing. There is nothing worse than working on someone who figures they have nothing to do with their own healing. They miss the point. They have everything to do with it.

You give me much to think about, Grand Trinity.

In my opinion, the practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is one of the highest paths to an understanding of Taoist Science. Practicing TCM without practicing Taoist lifestyle is akin to becoming a Master Chef while living on a diet of twinkies and McBurgers.

So true!!! LOL! Great joy. :D

I am studying TCM. Right now I am in my third year. Hopefully I will be doing my Intership in around a year. My study of Taoism and my interest in studying TCM sort of arose at the same time.

So awesome.

I'm glad to be able to be here at this forum with all of you.

Whats up with France? The word Meridian is French and I hear they had Accupuncture waaay before America?

They did experiment with acupuncture long before the US. But the way their licensing is set up, for some reason, unless you are an MD, you have to be "une sorcier" to practice acupuncture legally. In the US on the other hand, take say, Louisiana, you can't practice acupuncture unless you are piggybacking on an MD's license.

There is a small movement by some doctors to return to the tribal 'shared' system. I read an article on one doctor who felt screwed and used by the HMO she was employed by. She questioned her 1000 or so patients. She paired them down to 150 or 200 who were interested in exclusive service.

So they pay her $500 or so yearly, she acts as a 'village' doctor. Friendly, on call, no insurance hassles. Very popular too, she has to turn away people who want to join in regularly.

It should be noted that most people who use her also have other insurance. But she's so available and competent that unless something is majorly wrong she's their first call.

Michael

Sign in to follow this