Sign in to follow this  
therion

Qigong master projects his chi energy (video)

If anyone wonders how it looks like when a master runs his qi through another person check out this video.

It's like he runs a current of electricity through them.

I seen a student of Paul Dong do that, but it looked different. What the heck is going on here? Empty force? What the heck is that? Yi Chuan?

Starjumper7, dont just say this - leaving us to wonder the details!!!!!!!!! Whats up??????

How come on every one of these videos the obvious test isn't done?

For instance, WHY DIDN'T BILL MOYERS GET TO FEEL THE GUYS CHI?

HUH?

IF I WAS STANDING THERE I WOULD HAVE ASKED TO. IF I WAS THE QUIGONG MASTER AND HAD REAL POWERS I WOULD HAVE OFFERED TO.

WHY COULDN'T THE GUY JUST ZAP BILL MOYERS A BIT SO HE FELT IT, OR MAKE HIS HAND JERK? IF NOT BILL, WHY NOT THE CAMERA MAN OR AN ASSISTANT?

HOW COME HE CAN ONLY THROW DICIPLES AND TRUE BELIEVERS?

"Proof" like this with such glaring and obvious flaws make me automaticllly think the thing is a lie. And almost every bit of proof offered has a glaring and obvious flaw like this.

Regarding throwing people around the room "without touching them", please see my challenge elsewhere on this site.

HOW COME HE CAN ONLY THROW DICIPLES AND TRUE BELIEVERS?

I agree!

Appart from the fact that the students could be 'faking' - there are some other considerations also - for example it's possible that the dude's chi does move into the other's body, but it's also possible that by studying with the master for years they move the way they do because they have been pre-conditioned to have a certain reaction on feeling the master's chi.

The John Chang video - I was little more impressed with - becuse he zaps a number of people (none of them his disciples) even the boom mike girl didn't believe it and got zapped... (I still think burning the paper is a little suspect)

I've seen things that are attributed to chi powers being done in hypnosis workshops - there is nothing special about it - everyone hypnotises everyone else - some people just refine it and can make people fall over with a simple command or wave of their hand (watch some Derren Brown clips for examples) - it's far more impressive when someone does it to someone they've not met before...

Spyrelx - you keep mentioning your challenge - I'm sure you realise how naive it is to assume that no one can move a person without touching them just because no one accepts your challenge... I remember making a similar challenge - I'll give $500 to anyone that brings me a fresh glass of milk! no one's taken up the challenge - so that means no one has the ability to bring me a glass of milk!! :rolleyes:

Spyrelx - you keep mentioning your challenge - I'm sure you realise how naive it is to assume that no one can move a person without touching them just because no one accepts your challenge... I remember making a similar challenge - I'll give $500 to anyone that brings me a fresh glass of milk! no one's taken up the challenge - so that means no one has the ability to bring me a glass of milk!! :rolleyes:

Um, I've got some milk, where exactly do you live again?

I recognize that no one is going to fly from china for $500. But think about it. This board is filled with people who are hooked into ALL OF THIS STUFF.

And NO ONE -- NO ONE -- can even point to a guy who they've seen personally who can supposedly do this.

Sure, people can point to a really grainy and suspect uTube video of some guy knocking over bricks with his chi, and maybe a few "my teacher grabbed me and my knees felt weak" stories, or -- more likely -- "my teacher told me he knew a guy . . . "

But NO ONE has said "oh yea, there's a guy in Oakland that I've seen do that. In fact, he did it to me".

Also, I live in NYC, which has probably got as much of this stuff in it, or passing through it, as any place on the planet. And still no takers.

Kind of makes you wonder . . .

About John Chang -- he could be wired to a battery. I'm not saying he is, but it would be a relatively simple effect to produce.

I'd like to believe John Chang and others are true but it troubles me that these guys are set up (or set themselves up) as so powerful yet none of them seem to be able or willing to do simple controlled experiments that would irrefutably prove they have the power they claim.

I mean, it's not like they're trying to keep a low profile. They're advertising they're power (often in the most sensational and ludicrous of ways). Why not really prove they have it? The fact they don't makes me VERY suspicious

I was reading a book on Bagua in which the author mentioned a similar idea: namely he would be weary of any teacher who would not demonstrate on/with those who hadn't been his students for a long time. It suggests that too much "conditioning" is required (i.e. the student learns to do what the teacher expects/wants him/her to without even realizing that they are doing it themselves). Also, seeing Criss Angel walk on water with people swimming all around and under him doesn't convince me that he is not using some trick to do it. Illusion is a tricky thing whether it is in your head during your personal practice or being shown in front of you. Just $.02

Yoked Taoist workin the caucasians. In my opinion the white kid should have learned how to bend his knees and use his hips in 4 years of training.

Edited by Spectrum

Spectrum, I thought the same thing. The kid seems a little too in awe and clueless. After a few years of study the teacher should have drawn the curtain back a bit. Proper alignment, rooting, extension.

Michael

John Chang is definitely not advertising his power.

As for big cities teeming with people who can emit Qi in a demonstrable fashion, that is just kinda silly.

How many people on the planet can hit like Barry Bonds? Or run like Carl Lewis? There certainly aren't cities teeming with them.

Add a tradition more secretive and obscure than any secret government organization (nevermind that it comes from a country where the structure of peoples' very thoughts are different from ours) and its no wonder we only get a few scraps here and there.

I think that's flat out wrong.

John Chang certainly HAS advertised his powers. He gave his permission for that book to be written. He took in students. He allowed the mystic fire video to be shot. He runs a healing clinic and has repeatedly shown off for the camera. He may be inconsistent, now shunning students and perhaps media, but he's definately advertised his powers.

Also, I didn't say big cities were teeming with masters. But there's no question that most of the well known (to westerners) people come through places like NY and LA.

It is a secretive and obscure tradition. That doesn't mean myths that westerners who have barely a connection to that tradition believe have any validity. Also, there's a lot coming out into the light now so the secrecy and obscurity is disintergrating. And still, I haven't seen one bit of independently verifiable evidence that any of these sorts of superpowers (moving things with your chi, etc.) are real.

One thing occurred to me the other day, when I was musing about this thread. Why is it that what we look for as proof of special abilities is the ability to throw people about? How special is that, really? If we want believable evidence that cultivation can lead to special abilities, why not look for someone who can provide amazing healing, or someone who's imperturbably content no matter what?

One might say that these things are less easy to prove. But it seems that proof is a slippery beast, even of something as supposedly obvious as chucking folks around. Are they conditioned, is there a form of hypnosis involved etc etc.

I think the "rational" mind will always find a reason not to be convinced if it wishes not to be convinced.

But anyway, one of my prerequisites, if I were looking for a teacher, would be that they had not the least interest in in developing martial powers.

Why not book an appointment with Robert Peng - he's in NY... Even Sally Jessy Raphael swears by him :lol:

People claim they feel a definite electric feeling when Peng does his thing - check it out.

Thanks. I'm aware of him. He's on my list (it's a long list).

Just so we're clear, I fully believe in the possibility of healing touch, and of feeling that healing power. One of the reasons I haven't rushed over to Peng is I believe he can generate that feeling and I'm not that interested in paying all that money just to verify something I believe in.

But to me there is a huge leap from Mr. Peng to a "master" touching his student and sending him flying (subject of a recent sketchy uTube video).

And an even greater leap to a "master" knocking over a brick from ten feet away with nothing but his chi (subject of another recent uTube video). This one especially gives me pause.

You should know for your own benifit that Peng is not a Yin Yang Gong Master of the kind I have been sharing about. Just more propaganda from Mike Winn. He is also not teaching his abilities which I think are genuine by the way. I have heard that his healings have some success behind them, but for those hoping to go beyond and actually learn these things, I would question the number of students he has produced who are yin yang gong masters- 0%.

He is rather interesting though and it's probably worth it to go throw down the money and have an experience.

I would question the number of students he has produced who are yin yang gong masters- 0%.

Just a quick question, Sean - not really part of this thread... How many yin yang gong masters has David produced? is David himself a yin yang gong master? are there any westerners that have the yin yang gong ability after studying with David's teachers?

Sign in to follow this