Sign in to follow this  
GeoBall

Hate and Love

So I've come to you all today with not really a statement or a question. I hate almost everything I perceive happening in reality right now, and have been so for a bit over a year, yes I "know" there is no "I" but still. It isn't that I am unhappy or not content, it is just much work for my soul garden. How ever let me say 2-3 years before that I began changing dramatically as a individual in my pursuit for happiness. In this pursuit I found love, acceptance, peace and humility in Daoism. I've also been training in Tai Chi to help my understanding of what is Daoism. I am 22 now so really, awakening to what is for me started about 4-5 years ago though I have always had a hint of Zen.

Now I check this website quite frequently and other resources ancient and new, I read all types of information I can from trusted sources to untrusted. I mean with the internet "knowledge" has become the most utilized tool to gain limited understanding in almost any subject or of any object. How ever all I see is hate. All I see is I'm right your wrong and "I can't tell you"

I can accept a many great things and will continue to how ever I agree with the international elites are going to do with this world, I just don't agree with how they are going about it. Deception, and unfortunately I experience that that deception has found it's way into everything and nothing.

It's very troubling to see the blind leading the blind, yet not one righteous enlightened soul will step up to the plate maybe because he or she isn't "allowed". Ever since I was young, I knew that there was a right and there was a wrong. I'm not saying I am right and some of you will probably see some of my ways of thought "at least with what you've read" as wrong as well. But I guess I haven't met the right person yet ;]

"So just remember next time others don't understand, they see the world from beneath the pond, they only know whats in the water. And to try too explain to them that all they are seeing is shadow, well only a few will come to shore with you and sit by the bank.

And would it be as absolutely precious otherwise?" ~Old Hermit

"If you know anything, know that you know nothing" ~Socrates

"Some say that my teaching is nonsense.

Others call it lofty but impractical.

But to those who have looked inside themselves,

this nonsense makes perfect sense.

And to those who put it into practice,

this loftiness has roots that go deep.

I have just three things to teach:

simplicity, patience, compassion.

These three are your greatest treasures.

Simple in actions and in thoughts,

you return to the source of being.

Patient with both friends and enemies,

you accord with the way things are.

Compassionate toward yourself,

you reconcile all beings in the world." ~Chapter 67 of Dao De Jing

Thank you for reading my thoughts

And I'm so frigin Zen about what is happening right now

Right and wrong is slowly disappearing from sight

• Like 1

It has been said that we see only what we are looking for.

I see a lot of love, peace and contentment around me. Yes, even here at Tao Bums.

it is just much work for my soul garden.

The thing I've found the most useful is the book linked in my signature. Although some things are hate-worthy, without a doubt, it's better to spend your time cultivating more enjoyable modes of perception. For your own benefit.

• Like 1

It's all there. The deceptions and lies as well as the people making efforts not to be part of that. Seeing ONLY deception and lies is IMO a mistake. As is seeing ONLY the "positive".

While I'm not generally a fan of the "positive thinking" movement when it serves to deceive in it's turn. I am in favour of putting my attention on both the positive and the negative (although sometimes I have to force myself as the deceptions are so compelling, so fascinating to try to understand.)

---- i want reality and the truth more, opinion alert----

Thanks Mr MH.

I kind of got all nostalgic/heartfelt following your post but I reckon there's always going to be a tendency (and people who will incarnate that more than others) towards wishing for truth and reality just as much as wishing for lies and illusion. I don't think truth initially makes anyone happy. But over time, I reckon it's the only thing that will help.

I don't think truth initially makes anyone happy. But over time, I reckon it's the only thing that will help.

Wow! How true is that?!?!?

Indeed, the truth is not always pretty. In fact, it can sometimes be rather hurtful. But I still believe that it is better than living in delusion and illusion. And yes, I know that there are many who would justifiably disagree with me.

Imagine!

Yes, it is good to imagine, especially of a more peaceful life but we should never confuse our imaginations with our realities.

hehe, you guys make me chuckle some times.

That's great!

For a long time now I have thought that if I can cause someone to laugh or smile I have done a good deed.

So I've come to you all today with not really a statement or a question. I hate almost everything I perceive happening in reality right now, and have been so for a bit over a year, yes I "know" there is no "I" but still. It isn't that I am unhappy or not content, it is just much work for my soul garden. How ever let me say 2-3 years before that I began changing dramatically as a individual in my pursuit for happiness. In this pursuit I found love, acceptance, peace and humility in Daoism. I've also been training in Tai Chi to help my understanding of what is Daoism. I am 22 now so really, awakening to what is for me started about 4-5 years ago though I have always had a hint of Zen.

Now I check this website quite frequently and other resources ancient and new, I read all types of information I can from trusted sources to untrusted. I mean with the internet "knowledge" has become the most utilized tool to gain limited understanding in almost any subject or of any object. How ever all I see is hate. All I see is I'm right your wrong and "I can't tell you"

I can accept a many great things and will continue to how ever I agree with the international elites are going to do with this world, I just don't agree with how they are going about it. Deception, and unfortunately I experience that that deception has found it's way into everything and nothing.

It's very troubling to see the blind leading the blind, yet not one righteous enlightened soul will step up to the plate maybe because he or she isn't "allowed". Ever since I was young, I knew that there was a right and there was a wrong. I'm not saying I am right and some of you will probably see some of my ways of thought "at least with what you've read" as wrong as well. But I guess I haven't met the right person yet ;]

"So just remember next time others don't understand, they see the world from beneath the pond, they only know whats in the water. And to try too explain to them that all they are seeing is shadow, well only a few will come to shore with you and sit by the bank.

And would it be as absolutely precious otherwise?" ~Old Hermit

"If you know anything, know that you know nothing" ~Socrates

"Some say that my teaching is nonsense.

Others call it lofty but impractical.

But to those who have looked inside themselves,

this nonsense makes perfect sense.

And to those who put it into practice,

this loftiness has roots that go deep.

I have just three things to teach:

simplicity, patience, compassion.

These three are your greatest treasures.

Simple in actions and in thoughts,

you return to the source of being.

Patient with both friends and enemies,

you accord with the way things are.

Compassionate toward yourself,

you reconcile all beings in the world." ~Chapter 67 of Dao De Jing

Thank you for reading my thoughts

Hello Geoball,

I think the distinct issue here has to do with the world and you. You seem to believe the world is the one with the issues, but in my experience the vast majority of people do not hate the world, so perhaps you should examine whether or not your problem stems from within yourself.

Practicing Tai Chi is fine and good, but it is worthless if you are not actually practicing what's being taught within the Tao Te Ching, which is compassion, never striving to be first in the world, and frugality. The first thing to remember is that simplicity and frugality are worlds apart. Nothing in the Tao Te Ching says you have to eat rice everyday or not own a car, that's all supposition. The same goes for never striving to be first and humility. Humility means that you don't consider yourself to be any better or worse than anyone else, but it has nothing to do with competition, which is where the majority of strife occurs in one's life. You can be as prideful as you want to be, the key is not competing with others, nor trying to control them.

"I'm the greatest martial artist in the world," says the Kung Fu master. Yet he refuses to fight others or compete, so he lives a simple and peaceful existence. See the difference?

It's very important when you're understanding the philosophy of Laoism and Chuangism as it relates to Taoism, that you also understand that much of what was taught to westerners regarding Taoism was influenced by Christian and Western philosophy and morality. If you want an honest translation, I find the best translations of the Tao Te Ching to read are Henricks and Wu. They seem to get down to the meat of the matter.

I think if you begin to really look into the Tao Te Ching, not just superficially reading it and going "ah ha" I got that, but rather contemplating it for some time, you'll begin to see some connections you might not have seen before. You are still rather young and you have a long way to go before you'll really be able to comprehend most of what the world has to offer. Until then don't waste your youth on piety and angst, if you don't see beauty, then look for it.

I will leave you with one final bit of wisdom. Every truth is a lie and every lie is a truth. When you understand this, then much of what you'll learn will begin to make complete sense.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

body { background: #FFFFFF; margin: 0px; padding: 4px; font-family: Verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt; } Hmmmmm.... hate huh?

It is a derrivitive of fear, you know...

Love, Fear, Rage, and Calm...

Love and fear are polar, and within each there are the next poles, rage and calm.

A Fear based Rage is like hate, anger, and other such emotions. A Love based Rage is infatuation... passionate and ignorant attraction... Calm fear is akin to sorrow, depression and fright. Calm Love is agape and unexclusive, wide open and consisting of both "soft" and "tough" Love.

They all intermingle, love + fear, rage + calm, etc. there is a greater expanse of emotion than these four roots. Love and Fear are the closest core emotions, however. Hate is derrived from Love + Fear + Rage, to be specific....

Edited by Hot Nirvana Judo Trend

Well thank you very much Aaron, I agree with you sir.

But even though I love and accept myself with all the faults, I still feel the hate that surrounds society. The truth is just a good excuse, because with all do respect I don't think any one of us understands truth.

And I like your perspective hot nirvana judo trend.

Edited by GeoBall

Sign in to follow this