thelerner

Who are the top people out there?

I'd prefer if this didn't degenerate or turn into a competition. I'd like the names of some great living practitioners.

Thanks

Michael

• Like 1

I'd prefer if this didn't degenerate or turn into a competition. I'd like the names of some great living practitioners.

Thanks

Michael

SIFU REL-

• Like 2

I guess you are easier to locate then the other guys so theres some bestness in there :lol:

Im starting to love this forum!!! :lol:

Studied personally with Sifu Wong Kiew Kit, and distantly with Michael Lomax. They are both greats for sure :lol: .

I hope to study with Wang Liping, i believe he is great too :lol: .

• Like 1

Studied personally with Sifu Wong Kiew Kit, and distantly with Michael Lomax. They are both greats for sure :lol: .

I hope to study with Wang Liping, i believe he is great too :lol: .

I agree Michael Lomax is great and accessible. My Aikido sensei was Jonathon Eley is an exceptional teacher and practitioner. While he is awesome, I've done a few seminars with Saotome Sensei and found him to be one of the greats, facing him you're aware of infinite technique and you're confounded before you can do anything. Great wah too.

I agree Michael Lomax is great and accessible. My Aikido sensei was Jonathon Eley is an exceptional teacher and practitioner. While he is awesome, I've done a few seminars with Saotome Sensei and found him to be one of the greats, facing him you're aware of infinite technique and you're confounded before you can do anything. Great wah too.

Cool. I believe my pops has studied with Saotome sensei, i'll ask him about it. He's currently training aikido with Henry Kono a few times a year, seems to get a lot out of it!

Thanks

Michael

John Chang, Wang Liping, Wim Hof, Chunyi Lin, Robert Peng (maybe), Jed McKenna, Steven Norquist, Daniel M. Ingram.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

Hmm.....all the names i could put here are probably of people whom are already well-known on the Taobums...i am sure there numerous (hundreds) great teachers in countries deeply rooted in spirituality like India and Tibet which we are not aware off.

Jenny Lamb

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 2

Young children, mountains, old trees, the ocean and the full moon. :)

Real life adults, I haven't met any yet but there are, for sure.

Edited: sorry in Bagua, my current Australian teacher, my teacher's teacher Wang Tong, his teacher Li Ziming, his teacher, Liang Zhenpu, his teacher, Dong Haichuan and the amazing Buddhist and Daoist hermits that shared Bagua with DHC and the "world."

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

There is no where where "God" is not... a most difficult thing to practice and see.

(I have the idea but I'm not there yet)

• Like 2

Thanks

Michael

Master Waysun Liao

• Like 4

I'd like the names of some great living practitioners.

Thanks

Michael

Who are some of the "top people?' Arthur Blessitt, Eric Yoffie, Damon Denson, David Barton, Jesse Duplantis, Ali al-Sistani, Thich Nhat Hanh, Leila Ahmed, Neale Donald Walsch, Joseph Ratzinger, Gibril Haddad,...these are highly thought of as Top People by society.

If your question was who are the Top Aware people,...then none on the above list would even come close in qualifying,...and whoever was on that list would be rejected by the majority.

"I could not in good conscience, vote for someone who honestly thinks that the other 95% of us (who believe in god) suffer from some sort of mass delusion." Palmer Joss (actor Matthew McConaughey) in the 1997 film 'Contact'.

I found Koichi Tohei to be quite helpful for my Ki (and Hapkido)practice,...haven't dialogued with him for 5 years, but at that time he was quite accessible.

V

Thanks

Michael

The greatest living practitioner you will ever know is yourself. So I would say you are one of the greatest living practitioners. Look within and you will not need to look for someone else.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

The greatest living practitioner you will ever know is yourself. So I would say you are one of the greatest living practitioners. Look within and you will not need to look for someone else.

Aaron

Those others who you respect as great teachers are no different than you; they are just a mirror of your own perceived self.

Once no self is experienced, then the door which leads to the "ultimate reality" is truly opened.

Edited by Gerard

I would second Sifu Jenny, as well as Kan in Japan. Heading to Tokyo to see him next month!

What about Max? :P

Can't wait to find out for myself this weekend, hehe.

Hehe, yes but Max is such a cool person I don't even think of him in those terms anymore.

He's like my eccentric Bodhisattva friend :lol: