Sign in to follow this  
mYTHmAKER

Feng Shui

Interesting site, but I am always leary of "new and improved" feng shui gizmos.

A rule of thumb that I use is, if there is an explanation of how the gizmo works that conforms to Taoist Scientific Philosophy, I am more inclined to buy into it. If there is no explanation of the working mechanism, or if that mechanism conflicts with Taosit Sciences, I don't buy into it.

One of the most beautifull things about Taoism is that, once you have accepted the concept of Qi, the rest of the Science is logical and seemless. Taoist Science can explain anything and is compatable with so called Conventional Science in that regard.

It can be checked through muscle testing (Applied Kinesiology)

on aphysical level.

On a subtle level you can feel it. However this is subjective

and not really verifiable.

Kinesiology hasn't passed a double blind test either has it? I've yet to come across a study to back up it's claims. Penn and Teller also did an interesting episode of their show Bulls#!t about Feng Shui. Whether or not a thing has a "real" basis in reality doesn't change the affect it can have on one's mind though.

These gadgets are very expensive!

You can make something similar for very little - check the orgonite thread... If you know what you're doing you can program the device you make to counteract specific disturbances or create a specific energy (you can do this by using different materials/minerals or with intention)

orgonite can also be easily verified with Applied Kinesiology. I'm also sure it's possible to analyse how orgonite works using the TCM perspective...

These gadgets are very expensive!

You can make something similar for very little - check the orgonite thread... If you know what you're doing you can program the device you make to counteract specific disturbances or create a specific energy (you can do this by using different materials/minerals or with intention)

orgonite can also be easily verified with Applied Kinesiology. I'm also sure it's possible to analyse how orgonite works using the TCM perspective...

Applied Kinesiology is not a TCM concept and does is not mentioned (other than derogatoraly) in any modern or pre-modern TCM texts that I have read.

Orgonite is not listed in the Chinese Materia Medica (Bencao), but the concept of Orgone as posited by Reich is very similar to the concept of Qi. Given that, the definition of orgaite is "various compounds held in an organic matrix that attract orgone" (Qi). That is the definition of a Chinese herbal tonic formula.

Applied Kinesiology is not a TCM concept and does is not mentioned (other than derogatoraly) in any modern or pre-modern TCM texts that I have read.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that Kinesiology is an accepted TCM practice - but none the less if done properly by someone who knows what they're doing it can be very helpful in both TCM-type dignosis and other biofeedback (imo)... I've seen it demonstrated quite a few times - strengthen the tripple heater (with accupressure or with tracing the meridian) and the spleen tests weak - sedate the tripple heater and spleen tests strong etc. The problem is that many things can affect the result - that's why it's important to have someone well trained doing this...

Orgonite is not listed in the Chinese Materia Medica (Bencao), but the concept of Orgone as posited by Reich is very similar to the concept of Qi. Given that, the definition of orgaite is "various compounds held in an organic matrix that attract orgone" (Qi). That is the definition of a Chinese herbal tonic formula.

Yeah orgone accumulators (and other devices) are generally layers of metal and organic (carbon based) substances (you can buy an orgone blanket which is made with several layers of metal and wool)... some devices accumulate orgone, some discharge, others generate... Orgone as a concept doesn't have the subtlety that Taoist arts do (yin/yang/jing/chi/shen/five phases etc.)

I am leary. I couldn't find out how large those things were. Are the pictures life size,, so they're 3 or 4 inches? Or are they 8 or 9 inches? $396 is a lot to spend on something.

I might be persuaded to part with $36 or so dollars for the colorful pyramids that Yoda has bought. I think you get three for that price and they're good looking.

I wonder if the placebo effect becomes more powerful the more you spend on an object?

Michael

I am leary. I couldn't find out how large those things were. Are the pictures life size,, so they're 3 or 4 inches? Or are they 8 or 9 inches? $396 is a lot to spend on something.

I might be persuaded to part with $36 or so dollars for the colorful pyramids that Yoda has bought. I think you get three for that price and they're good looking.

I wonder if the placebo effect becomes more powerful the more you spend on an object?

Michael

They are 4/12 inches x 5 inches.

I am neither selling nor pushing anyone to buy anything.

Sometimes size doesn't matter.

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Yeah ofcourse it does!

The more you have invested in it the more your mind will convince you it's effective...

All new 'revolutionary' cancer drugs are relatively effective in the first few months they're brought out - then they gradually become ineffective..

Your body never lies! :) so you can deffinately get a feel for whether something is giving off energy or not - as long as you're in your body and not fantasizing.

Sign in to follow this