Thunder_Gooch

Studies document energy coming from trees :)

Longmen Pai teaches how to exchange energy with certain types of trees, I found these studies interesting. :)

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/12/03/22/2220208/scientists-discover-link-between-trees-and-electricity?utm_source=rss1.0mainlinkanon&utm_medium=feed

"Everyone knows that trees give us all oxygen so we can breathe, but according to an Australian scientists they also affect the concentration of positive and negative ions in the air. A team from the Queensland University of Technology's International Laboratory for Air Quality and Health (ILAQH) ran experiments in six locations all over Brisbane and found that positive and negative ion concentrations in the air were two times higher in heavily wooded areas than in open grassy areas, such as parks."

http://www.treehugger.com/renewable-energy/the-new-apower-plantsa-trees-make-electricity.html

It appears that a small electrical component company near Boston has figured out how to get electricity out of trees. MagCap Engineering is pretty sure they’ve come up on the next renewable energy revolution. By pounding a nail into the trunk and a conductor into the ground, a faint but consistent charge is detected in a wire running from the tree to the earth. They are now charging NiCad batteries and illuminating LEDs off the current. MagCap is applying for a patent while MIT tests the phenomenon in the blistering Cambridge cold. A company spokesperson told The Boston Globe they hope to be able to charge hybrid batteries this way, but they also propose lighting roads. Makes sense, I suppose. Everything living is running on electric current. Just ask your friendly neighborhood Taoist
Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 3

great topic, more pie guy! do you practise tree chi kung?

i like to do my chi kung training outside whenever it is possible. i found a nice place with old oak trees standing in a circle. i often do tree chi kung = energy exchange with these tree. whenever i need a quick shot of energy i get in contact with trees. now, in springtime in western europe, i visit pine trees regularly for example.

greetings from the forest

sirius

• Like 1

Do you like the tree energy exchange thing? All I could think about when I learned it was that I'd rather just be doing Yiquan.

"Everything living is running on electric current. Just ask your friendly neighborhood Taoist."

Could hardly be any more generalized, superficial and inaccurate.

Also, the idea is age-old, originally starring a cactus or an apple. Too bad they don't provide more details, but that probably means that it's simple electrochemistry. I doubt you could get enough energy for road lighting from the trees near a road.

Also, the whole thing made me remember the Matrix movies with humans serving as living batteries. So now we are draining trees of their vital energy in order to power our technological world? Doesn't nature suffer enough already?

But stuff like that will keep popping up everywhere as long as feasible large-scale alternatives are suppressed. ... Stop fiddling with injuring trees, just take the energy out of a magnetic field flux. ;) That's also much less belittling of Taoism than what the article talks about.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

Too bad they don't provide more details, but that probably means that it's simple electrochemistry.

Sorry, I should have posted more in depth articles.

http://www.gizmag.com/tree-powered-electricity/12772/

The researchers point out that the tree-power phenomenon is different from the popular high-school potato or lemon experiment, in which two different metals react with the food to create an electric potential difference that causes a current to flow. So, in order to distance the tree-power effect from the potato effect, they used the same metal for both electrodes.

The researchers say it hasn’t been established exactly where these voltages come from, but there seems to be some signaling in trees similar to what happens in the human body, but with lower speed. In this way they are hoping to apply the their results as a way of investigating what the tree is doing, much like measuring a pulse in a human.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Thank you.

By the way, here's a curious thought:

I recently read that there's a suspicion being examined about trees getting certain illness symptoms from Wi-Fi radiation. So I thought: trees have all those branches and leaves, maybe what the nail-thing is extracting is the result of man-made radiation. ^_^

Could also be natural of course, but the whole antenna-shape of trees might help explain it.

Trees are cool. I accidently hooked up to a tree's energy the first time, it shocked the connection back closed becuase I freaked alittle. :blush:

Learnt a Tree QiGong practice as a part of Master Tao's Dragon Gate Dao Yin QiGong, you can work with different trees to treat/heal different conditions in the body. It's more like sharing energy with the tree rather than draining it.

Yes, trees are amazing :)

Learnt a Tree QiGong practice as a part of Master Tao's Dragon Gate Dao Yin QiGong, you can work with different trees to treat/heal different conditions in the body. It's more like sharing energy with the tree rather than draining it.

Yes, trees are amazing :)

The energy exchange for me is not parasitic but symbiotic, the tree gets my waste energy that is causing problems, in return I get the trees energy that heals and nourishes. The tree uses sunlight to transform my waste energy back into healing energy.

The way I see it trees eat our waste, we breath out CO2, which they use like we do oxygen. We pee out ammonia which is nitrogen rich they use like fertilizer. Everything that is waste to us, is nutrition to them.

They take sunlight and use this energy to transform our waste back into food and medicine.

Trees are the ultimate Qigong masters, they take yin and yang energy and fuse them together effortlessly.

We think we are so advanced but we could not exist were it not for plants and trees absorbing sunlight and turning dirt into food for us.

• Like 1

The energy exchange for me is not parasitic but symbiotic, the tree gets my waste energy that is causing problems, in return I get the trees energy that heals and nourishes. The tree uses sunlight to transform my waste energy back into healing energy.

The way I see it trees eat our waste, we breath out CO2, which they use like we do oxygen. We pee out ammonia which is nitrogen rich they use like fertilizer. Everything that is waste to us, is nutrition to them.

They take sunlight and use this energy to transform our waste back into food and medicine.

Trees are the ultimate Qigong masters, they take yin and yang energy and fuse them together effortlessly.

We think we are so advanced but we could not exist were it not for plants and trees absorbing sunlight and turning dirt into food for us.

Well said.

We turn flowers into poo, and the earth turns poo into flowers, it's all perfect really :).

• Like 2

It would be interesting to know if there is a difference at night with energy exchange because at night trees give off CO2 so in a sense at night they are in competition with us and not symbiotic.

It would be interesting to know if there is a difference at night with energy exchange because at night trees give off CO2 so in a sense at night they are in competition with us and not symbiotic.

Our metabolism slows down at night though, so maybe it's not so bad.

I think maybe the trees just have to run on battery power as there is no sun to shine to keep them going, they have to kick their process in reverse and start converting the energy they were saving and storing in the roots back to into energy just like we do normally.

Tuber plants like potatoes can survive a harsh winter by the energy stored in a potato under ground and you can power a clock with a potato or a human too. There is lots of solar energy stored as chemical energy in it.

Chunyi lin says when we sleep at night we go back into the emptiness, where we effortlessly balance yin and yang energies.

Maybe the plants are eternally in emptiness to be as good as they are at harvesting yin and yang energy.

Yep longmen pai has been all over this from the get go. Our Grand Master John sNg, STRESSED tree training, baguazhang has tree training and of course baji does. Heres a cool fact during the early spring one can hear the sap gurgling in a tree with a stethoscope! (smooth barked are easiest to hear)

Trees helped teach me to both strike with palm and proper kicking. 1000 kicks on a tree is worth one on the street. ...off topic again.

• Like 1

Michael Lomax has taught Tree Qigong at his seminars for some time now. However, the interaction with the tree is more of one of mutual respect. We will typically practice Standing Stillness-Movement in the aura of the tree -- we do not take energy from the Tree just as a person would not step up to another person and tap into their energy, rather in our qigong practice we envelop the area in Qi for us and the tree to benefit from. We have gone back to areas that we practiced Qigong with the tree(s) for a follow-up visit 6 months later and found a previously injured tree from perhaps a harsh winter to be thriving and looking incredibly healthy.

We greet the tree as we would an old friend - some of the extra large "Old Warrior Trees" are not always interested to see us, but, most are curious and begin to open up as we share our energy with them. As we bring in Qi for us and the tree - the tree's aura will expand and typically other trees nearby will also begin to expand their energy field.

It is great to practice Qigong outside - bring in the Qi for all to share - I have had flowering trees that also had been injured due to ice storms in winter - that flowered up beyond imagination following lots of Qigong near the tree.

Thanks,

Kempomaster

• Like 4

Trees are marvelous.

A tree taught me proper bagua standing posture.

smile.gif

smile.gif

great stuff, steve. awakening to the energies and messages of a tree.

i always express thanks when a tree shares with me something marvelous.

i thank them for just letting me hang around them, yes often times playing my baguazhang.

i imagine that the buddha also thanked the tree he sat under when he became enlightened,

don't ya think?!

Trees in particular were mysterious, and seemed to me direct embodiments of the incomprehensible meaning of life. For that reason, the woods were the place that I felt closest to its deepest meaning and to its awe-inspiring workings.C.G.Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2013/9163.html

Floral signs go electric

Press release issued 21 February 2013

Bees and flowers communicate using electrical fields, researchers discover

Flowers' methods of communicating are at least as sophisticated as any devised by an advertising agency, according to a new study, published today in Science Express by researchers from the University of Bristol. However, for any advert to be successful, it has to reach, and be perceived by, its target audience. The research shows for the first time that pollinators such as bumblebees are able to find and distinguish electric signals given out by flowers.

Flowers often produce bright colours, patterns and enticing fragrances to attract their pollinators. Researchers at Bristol's School of Biological Sciences, led by Professor Daniel Robert, found that flowers also have their equivalent of a neon sign – patterns of electrical signals that can communicate information to the insect pollinator. These electrical signals can work in concert with the flower’s other attractive signals and enhance floral advertising power.

Plants are usually charged negatively and emit weak electric fields. On their side, bees acquire a positive charge as they fly through the air. No spark is produced as a charged bee approaches a charged flower, but a small electric force builds up that can potentially convey information.

By placing electrodes in the stems of petunias, the researchers showed that when a bee lands, the flower’s potential changes and remains so for several minutes. Could this be a way by which flowers tell bees another bee has recently been visiting? To their surprise, the researchers discovered that bumblebees can detect and distinguish between different floral electric fields.

Also, the researchers found that when bees were given a learning test, they were faster at learning the difference between two colours when electric signals were also available.

How then do bees detect electric fields? This is not yet known, although the researchers speculate that hairy bumblebees bristle up under the electrostatic force, just like one’s hair in front of an old television screen.

The discovery of such electric detection has opened up a whole new understanding of insect perception and flower communication.

Dr Heather Whitney, a co-author of the study said: "This novel communication channel reveals how flowers can potentially inform their pollinators about the honest status of their precious nectar and pollen reserves."

Professor Robert said: “The last thing a flower wants is to attract a bee and then fail to provide nectar: a lesson in honest advertising since bees are good learners and would soon lose interest in such an unrewarding flower.

"The co-evolution between flowers and bees has a long and beneficial history, so perhaps it's not entirely surprising that we are still discovering today how remarkably sophisticated their communication is."

The research was supported by the Leverhulme Trust.

Paper

'Detection and learning of floral electric fields by bumblebees' by Dominic Clarke, Heather Whitney, Gregory Sutton and Daniel Robert in Science Express

0vcEp5y.jpg

GWB1WHM.jpg

DM9BJh8.jpg

Various flowers (top: Geranium magnificum; middle: Gerbera hybrida; bottom: Clematis armandii) showing a composite of immediately before and after application of charged powder paint. The pattern of powder deposition reveals the shape of the electric field.

Image by Dominic Clarke and Daniel Robert

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Currently, the weather is horrid here, but when spring arrives, I will most definitely meditate in nature and spend my time with trees :)

Reminds me of one song:

Great article! :)