QiDr

Good Day!

Welcome!

I took a look at your profile, and we could certainly benefit from the presence of more people - such as yourself - with a more thorough Chinese medical training. :)

Kieth(Trunk) is being shy. He has been praying for a Dr of chinese medicine to come on board and give insight into our practices for..well....forever. :)

Robert Kienitz is Professor Emeritus and former Dean of Curriculum at the Phoenix Institute of Herbal Medicine and Acupuncture in Scottsdale, Arizona, and is former Director of Clinical Medicine at the Stone Pointe Institute in Mesa, Arizona.

And as a resident of Scottsdale I give you a hearty welcome! I'll keep your(former?) school in mind if I decide to go for acupuncture training.

Cameron

Yes, welcome! I knew you'd show up! Can you please tell us more details about the Jade Qigong? You might consider donating a copy to our library :)

You teach Tai Chi & Qi Gong at University of North Carolina? Is that extracurricular or as a professor? I am always interested in the merger of Eastern and Western Higher Education.

I enjoyed reading your website - I never knew that accupoint one spot is meant to activate the entire meridan.

Also, you might discuss the rift between TCM and CCM in America for us?

Can you please tell us more details about the Jade Qigong?

Jade Dragon Qi gong is a five agent Qi Gong that was originally developed to help TCM doctors prepare for outgoing qi manuvers. The original set is based on the "metabolic use cycle" of the five major organs. That is, the first metabolic use organ of the body is the lung, followed by the spleen, the heart, liver and finally the kidney. The kidney ultimately stores Jing which the second or advanced stage of the Qi Gong (Pulsing Dragon Exercises) uses to ascend and transform to Shen. The first section is available through our website (it is copyrighted), the second section I only teach in person because it is a bit more technical and requires physician supervision.

You teach Tai Chi & Qi Gong at University of North Carolina? Is that extracurricular or as a professor? I am always interested in the merger of Eastern and Western Higher Education.

I teach Tai chi & Qi Gong at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington as extracurricular or continuing education depending on the venue. I am a guest lecturer in the health and asian studies departments as well as throught the Teaching Asia program throughout the year.

I enjoyed reading your website - I never knew that accupoint one spot is meant to activate the entire meridan.

Theoretically, there are several acupoints that, if stimulated regularly, will through resonance unblock and activate the qi of the entire meridian network.

Also, you might discuss the rift between TCM and CCM in America for us?

Traditional Chinese Medicine is the traditional medicine that is endorsed and taught in the Peoples Republic of China. It was compiled after the Cultural Revolution in an effort to streamline and modernize the traditional medicine and make it more available to the people of China. Some of the hallmarks of this medicine are it's compatablity with contemporary Wedstern style medicine, it's basis in dialectical materialism and it's disdain for "superstitious medicine".

Classical Chinese Medicine is medicine as it was taught and practiced prior to the PRC and has as some of it's hallmarks; a deep connection with what practitioner's beleive are the Taoist origins of traditional medicine, the use of talismans and incantation in the practice of medicine and internal or physiological alchemy as a goal in healing.

I am frequently away from my computer for days at a time so forgive me if I do not respond promptly at all times.

I am wondering about the history of this form you teach/on the dvd, if you could please explain?

My teacher, Professor Hui Chen, told it like this; around 1954 Mao decided that traditional medicine wasn't as bad as all that and re-established Traditional Chinese Medicine within the Ministry of Medicine. At that time the "Hundred Old Doctors" were brought forth to standardize TCM so that it could be taught in medical schools. Part of that standardization was in the realm of Medical Qi Gong and Yu Long Qi Gong (Jade Dragon Qi Gong) was one of the styles that made the cut. Jade Dragon was taught in the Shanghai #2 Medical College until Mao decided to assert the Barefoot Doctor campaign and all professional curriculum were discontinued.

Prof. Chen said that the Jade Dragon he taught me could be traced back to the Magwandai (sp), documents and was not the sanitized version taught in Shanghai and that the Shanghai version was only the first of three levels. He says that the second and third levels (he taught me all three, only level one is taught on DVD the others need to be taiught in person), he recieved as Sky Transmissions during meditations undertaken in the mountains of China. When pressed for more information on lineage he always said "Why you want know that? Those people dead." I learned the forms as well as Tai Chi from Prof. Chen in 1976 and he authorized me to begin teaching in 1980. Prof. Chen passed away in Vacouver in 1988.