GrandTrinity

9 Palaces Solar Qi Gong

The first title is a newly released (September) Qigong system. It sounds comprehensive, anyone seen it? Also, Baolin's book on Feng Shui seems attractive - the "inner secrets." I am thinking of ordering.

what yall think?

The first title is a newly released (September) Qigong system. It sounds comprehensive, anyone seen it? Also, Baolin's book on Feng Shui seems attractive - the "inner secrets." I am thinking of ordering.

what yall think?

I was impressed with this book..it's a little gem. I wanted to keep an eye out for workshops with the guy because following the book leaves much room for error...but I think it's worth it..

T

Yes? No? Maybe?

Hey, sorry I missed this..I did write something a few weeks back. But basically, I like the idea of absorbing energy of the sun. Something I had been doing on my own, but really the first time I saw it outlined like this. I liked it because it had a lot of medical information in it regarding, for example, the ears and the kidneys. It's packed with info...my only issue with it is that I didn't want to jump in and start a practice based on a book, I just decided I was going to keep my eye out for the guy and see if he had any workshops anywhere. I also usually keep my eye out for systems that aren't associated with Chia and his network.

T

Is there talk or demo of Nine Palace patterns in his techniques? Sounds interesting. Chi Gung really goes with the seasonal elements.

What do you mean by "medical info" such as on the ear and kidneys?

Just lots of tidbits, nothing terribly new. We all know the kidneys open to the ear, but he was recommending massaging them and flicking the fingers on them until they get hot and stimulated..things like that..i have to dig it up for more specifics..just saying it's a good read packed with lots of info. I just don't want to start a practice based off a book..too much room for error and misinterpretation.

T

Cool, I ordered a copy and flicked my ears.

I have been having a funny energetic issue with my left ear, which vibrates sometimes - its kind of annoying. I must blame it on my unhealthy environment (living at home with parents who do not study qi gong and watch too much TV.)

GT,

What where your thoughts on this book, was it simple to understand and put into practice, also is it done

inside or outside since its a solar practice.

Daniel

Edited by DanC

This is a very interesting practice. There are a lot of steps to the complete system of 9 Palaces Qigong. Lots of little things to remember. Also, the exercises are different than most of the qigong I have seen.

Has anyone practiced this for any length of time? I wonder what your results are...

There is a lot of esoteric stuff and also some magical aspects to the forms. Like how to win money gambling and how to connect with the time of your birth. Like doing exactly 9 and then 6 rotations is a special number to connect with the sun, eh too much to explain.

I'll have to practice it daily for sayyyy a month and get a feel for where it's taking me, and then I'll get back to you all with details.

I also usually keep my eye out for systems that aren't associated with Chia and his network.

T

Uhh, you do know that Mantak Chia is also from the Dragon Gate Sect of White Cloud Temple, right? That's where Dr. Wu trained.

Uhh, you do know that Mantak Chia is also from the Dragon Gate Sect of White Cloud Temple, right? That's where Dr. Wu trained.

Uhh you did notice that you're quoting and replying to a post that was written in 2006, right?

Uhh you did notice that you're quoting and replying to a post that was written in 2006, right?

Lol, no I didn't.

Wow.

• Like 1