Owledge

How to make synchronicities become helpful?

Any of you able to share some insight or personal experience about how synchronicities can become helpful? Ever experienced frustration about synchronicities clearly being extremely unlikely and thus appearing meaningful, but having no clue what to make of them? I mean, one can go crazy over tracing all possible connections and still nothing comes from it.

I just don't get the message. Any connection to place and time of occurence seems to be random, like 50/50 chance. Often it's merely stating what already is, but sometimes not, and it pains me that it is so confusing. I envy people who get seemingly metaphysical help that makes them know clearly what to do. My problem is more that I don't know what to do, that is the big problem, and then synchronistic messages come along that don't help at all in that regards.

In theory I could trace all possible connections, be very active, examine every aspect of them, but that would require the energy for doing that, which would have to come from faith or purpose, and not having that is a problem, too. It's like I get anonymous encrypted messages all the time while I am desperately looking for the key, getting no help at all in finding it.

All this makes me wonder sometimes whether the synchronicities are messages from myself and make no sense because of the state my mind is in, so that they are embodying the problem, too, and are thus not helpful, because it's merely a reflection of what is.

When ever i see patterns in my life or keep having the same problems over and over again i simply ask myself: What is life trying to teach me?

It helps to bring a deeper understanding to whatever i am experiencing at the time. Though usually you won't understand the lesson until after it's over. :lol:

-My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Oh man, I had some problems with interpreting messages from synchronicities. Wound up in a lot of trouble. I say forget about synchronicities altogether...become more meditative.

carved-wooden-buddha-ornament.jpg

Going within instead of looking for 'the answer' out there.

Do things you enjoy. Cultivate those things in your life consciously...for instance if you like a certain piece of art, hang it up on your wall...or whatever. Be a creator of your world instead of someone who is created upon. Make your own decisions at all times...go with what immediately works, not anything magickal. Take control of the wheel, don't let the car drive you...or any passengers!

I was reading about the Art of War, and apparently it's said somewhere in there to never listen to spirits for advice. Only consider the opinions of human beings.

The book linked in my signature is helpful. If the outer world is a mirror of the mind, then improving the mind will improve the outer world...perhaps that kind of work can make the synchronicities go away. If not, at least it will improve the mind's reaction to them...which can be slightly damaging.

Going within instead of looking for 'the answer' out there.

If the outer world is a mirror of the mind, then improving the mind will improve the outer world

But wouldn't this mean that synchronicities are showing the inner state in the outer world?

Maybe meditatively going within would be as pointless as trying to understand those synchronicities. (Probably why I gave up on the former. It felt draining, requiring force to continue, and that way it doesn't work.)

I've tried so much and am pretty much tired of all of it. It's a big dilemma.

But wouldn't this mean that synchronicities are showing the inner state in the outer world?

Maybe meditatively going within would be as pointless as trying to understand those synchronicities.

Maybe! But I personally found relief from synchronicity craziness by taking breaks from the outer world. See that pic of the buddha statue? Looks serene in and of itself. That's a good thing to have. What will the reflection of the world be when he comes back into it? Maybe also serene.

I guess my main thought is: attempting to derive meaning from insignificant or indirectly related events is one step away from mental illness. That is a very good thing to understand.

Edit: also a helpful thing I once heard is that normally people have filters which help them naturally block out most useless information. They only pay attention to things with direct meaning, and therefore experience very few synchronicity events. For a mentally ill person (or a somewhat advanced spiritual practitioner, and maybe others) the filter isn't there...they are aware of a lot more.

The difference between an effective spiritual practitioner, and a mentally ill person would be: intelligently interpreting all of the information they gather by their awareness. My opinion is that unintelligent interpretation would be thinking that synchronicities always have reliable meaning to us...maybe only half of the time they do. So that form of misinterpretation causes the spiritual practitioner to fall into mental illness, and be less effective at their spirituality.

Edited by Scotty

Suggest directing your attention with some amount of will. If stuff shows up that is useful to your direction (which by improving your focus, it probably will) parse it, use what you consider useful (although how you decide that is another good question). Contemplate the relationships. I suppose that takes the joy out of it though...

Otherwise, I agree that forgetting about them is probably better until they get, well, 'nothing special'.

Caveat: I don't know enough about synchronicity nor causality to be more helpful but it's a really interesting area of exploration. CG Jung would be the main author I've heard of on this topic. Another 'close enough' is a book about attention whose title escapes me for now.

It's tempting to dig into the quantum stuff with this but I don't understand that either:-)

By now synchronicities have become kinda boring to me, because they don't help. Stuff I intensely focus on with heart/mind will not manifest. If I search for that which I know/feel is necessary to break through the dilemma and enable healing, I even might get adverse signals that I cannot have it. Really feels a bit taunting/ridiculing sometimes.

Don't be attached too much to synchronicities. Just pay attention, say: "oh cool, a synchronicity" and let go!

Synchronicities are usually good, they show you this world is much more than your mental. But that is also the reason why your mental cannot fully understand them, nor make something useful. Your heart/mind can.

So do not try to understand them fully, you won't (well unless you're lucky). Again, just let go.

When ever i see patterns in my life or keep having the same problems over and over again i simply ask myself: What is life trying to teach me?

It helps to bring a deeper understanding to whatever i am experiencing at the time. Though usually you won't understand the lesson until after it's over. :lol:

-My 2 cents, Peace

I agree. I usually relate it to spirit and see what my spirit has been trying to tell me through lessons and patterns that have been reoccuring throughout my life.

You develop your own meaning and an understanding of yourself utilizing the past reflection and present analysis.

I think synchronicities generally show that we are in some state of grace, like the gears are turning on a higher level and things are lining up, so that internal grace can be the guide. Following or staying with that state of grace might lead you to what you're aiming for, like you will bump into an old friend on the street who can point you in the right direction.

I think they are just a sign that things are going well and if they keep going well then higher forces will be able to drop some "pennies from heaven" so to speak since we will be in the right place at the right time to catch them....

>Any of you able to share some insight or personal experience about how synchronicities can become helpful?

I've been studying a little Chinese Traditional Medicine, where the universe is a body and works analogous to the human body. If synchronicities are patterns in the larger reality, then the human body is loaded with syncrhonicities, including synchronciities of normal function and disease. If I were a blood cell flowing through the veins, I'd be shocked at all the synchronicities around me. :-)

It has been my experience that synchronicities are warnings about something really important.

The last time I got so many it almost caused me to have an existential melt down, a friend asked if I wanted to ride with them somewhere and I said not today I have to go home sorry.

They were in a really bad car wreck.

It might not just be a danger it could be something equally important you are supposed to be paying attention to.

Always be rational, but listen to your intuition when what it tells you to do could not be viewed as irrational or dangerous, maladaptive or dysfunctional.