Thus the question is,...why doesn't matter to you?

Lao Tzu purportedly said, "To embrace all things means also to that one rids oneself of any concept of separation....division is contrary to the nature of the Tao."

You quote this from Lao Tzu, and then you go on to do the exact opposite of what he suggests...

Time to shut up and listen, Vmarco.

Lao Tzu purportedly said, "To embrace all things means also to that one rids oneself of any concept of separation....division is contrary to the nature of the Tao."

You quote this from Lao Tzu, and then you go on to do the exact opposite of what he suggests...

Time to shut up and listen, Vmarco.

Are you serious? Your post suggests that you don't have a clue regarding the Lao Tzu quote.

The quote implies, do not embrace any concept of separation. Attachment to the ridiculousness that a Jesus died as portrayed in the Bible, is an attachment to separation, and is a barrier to uncovering the Tao in one's heart. Tolerance of religious faith, like the Christian meme, is not being in service to others, or the Tao.

Lao Tzu purportedly said, "When you perceive that an act done to another is done to yourself, you have understood a great truth."

One cannot listen Scotty if they put predispositions on the nature of what is being said.

V

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 1

Gibson's movie The Passion always struck me as wrong, to quote one critic it was "a two-hour-and-six-minute snuff movie — The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre — that thinks it's an act of faith".

Few plays have caused as much blood shed as the passion. In ye olden times in ye olden country bloody pogroms were sometimes set off against Jewish communities after a showing of the play. There are undoubtedly hundreds of deaths caused by the passion set of by the Passion plays which often showed exaggerated mocking views of Jews as well as the accusations of Deicide. (can't believe deicide is in the spell checker).

Hung vs. crucifixion? They may be referring to the same thing. To create a pole tall enough and strong enough to hold a person, you have to dig down extremely deep and very narrow. A hard trick without modern tools. Its much easier to shave the lower branches from a tree and nail a cross beam to it. I read the Romans lined some of there roads with just such trees, so travelers would see the guilty tortured. It never made it into medieval art, but thats my guess. Most of the crucified were nailed and thus hung on trimmed trees.

Personally I think there was a historical Jesus, probably a wise and mystically bent rabbi whose life became over shadowed by earlier myths. I think it was a bloody, superstitious time. The Jews were under Roman rule and readying to revolt. Many would be messiahs were running around. To be called King of the Jews, by friend or foe, was a death sentence. Herod killed off his own wife and son. The Romans slaughtered hundreds, even thousands with little provocation. As the Christian sect separated from Judiasm Roman participation got white washed, and the Jewish connection got scorned and villified.

Edited by thelerner

An actual living person? No idea.

A historical figure in some respect brought to life and maintained (although he keeps getting killed periodicallly...no South Park reference intended)? Absolutely.

In weirder terms, how does anyone 'prove' their 'real' existence?

Even if jesus died on a cross, why would you worship that part of his life and idolize it to the point that you have created a pagan god of suffering?

Even if jesus died on a cross, why would you worship that part of his life and idolize it to the point that you have created a pagan god of suffering?

Because Jesus suffered and died to forgive us sinners. At least that is what I learned in Catholic School.

There's some dumb asses out there that believed when Jesus died his magical Powers transferred over to some other human body.Religious people are stupid. :lol::lol:

Edited by michael245

Hence the theory he survived, and overcame that way.

There's some dumb asses out there that believed when Jesus died his magical Powers transferred over to some other human body.Religious people are stupid. :lol::lol:

What other body? Do you mean the Pope?

Because Jesus suffered and died to forgive us sinners. At least that is what I learned in Catholic School.

If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses. Lenny Bruce

Oh ofcourse, sinners prefer it when someone else suffers for them?

If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses. Lenny Bruce

Thats exactly how I view it.

If you're going to worship a person, atleast make a beautiful idol out of him! Right :blink:

And if they hanged Jesus, Catholics would have to grasp their throats and stick their tongue out instead of making the sign of the cross :D

Hence the theory he survived, and overcame that way.

Overcame what?

I see the cross in your avatar.

Why would you want to show a picture of your prophet crusified, with blood and all... Whats the point of it? Just curious :P

Overcame what?

The society of the time, the authorities of the time, the romans, the jewish establishment, basically all evil of the time.

I see the cross in your avatar.

Why would you want to show a picture of your prophet crusified, with blood and all... Whats the point of it? Just curious :P

Because the idea is that he overcame it, fought through it, defeated society with every last bit of intestinal fortitude he had. They thought they had him, but maybe they didn't, and had no idea.

Train, Say your prayers, take you vitamins, and believe in yourself-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX-PUb3dVAQ

Sign in to follow this