It just occurred to me tonight that there is nothing to prevent the possibility of there being no 'me' living my life but rather it being simply successive moments of the 'experience of me' living a life. :blink:

• Like 2

I think that is a little enlightenment.

There is no I, only Us.

The Me you refer to is what were are told is your "self".

This is false construct used to filter conscious experience though.

Unnecessary, but an interesting toy to play with for a while.

My 2p worth.

It just occurred to me tonight that there is nothing to prevent the possibility of there being no 'me' living my life but rather it being simply successive moments of the 'experience of me' living a life. :blink:

I like to invite you to really look; If it's true that there is no me, what would change?

- Kris

Very cool avenue of self inquiry.

Perhaps a similar perspective is that "me" is the conduit or construction that facilitates life to be self aware?

Every living thing is me. There is nothing alive that is not "me".

"Me" is always there no many how many "me's" come and go into and out of living.

So it seems that "me-ness" is somehow a condition that is always present.

It seems to be dependent on the existence of life but not restricted to any individual experience of life.

Sort of like a non-local effect that is both dependent on things like sensory apparatus and neurological function but at the same time, unrestricted and beyond measurement or localization...

Sorry to ramble but it's a fun subject... pardon the pun

• Like 1

I suggest to drop the way your mind thinks in "possibilities." What's possible and what's not shouldn't be a filter between reality and your attempt to understand it. Simply notice what is, then whether or not there is a you or no you isn't so important.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

If I am not my mind, body, or ego....What am I?

I like saying that to myself....It gives me little glimpses of what I am.

Awesome :)

• Like 1