Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

crazy wisdom in real life? or online?

So anyone here ever use crazy wisdom to teach stuff? online or in real life? I have in my ice cream topics. what were your experiences with it?

Thansk

Its the way to go because story and embedded metaphor slip past people's conscious objection. Modern people dont like to get preached to, put up walls.

My teacher is all about the crazy wisdom; my experience...hits home every time.

He actually just showed me the movie "Crazy Wisdom" which is about Chögyam Trungpa and his journey to the west. A lot of really good stuff there; absolutely inspiring.

Edited by don_vedo

Once you understand a principle, REALLY understand it, you can teach it wherever that principle arises. The external form doesn't matter, but the internal substance.

I've explained stuff that I've learned through meditation/qigong/philosophy to friends by using examples of video games, music, math, drugs, fighting, sex, pen spinning, basketball, homework.... anything.

Part of it is knowing your audience. I think a large component to "crazy wisdom" masters is that they aren't giving out the same external package each time. They're going off of the situation, they're bouncing their lessons of of the ideas and conversation topics of the people they're talking to. They seem crazy and out there because onlookers don't understand the message the teacher is giving. But maybe that just means the message isn't for them.

• Like 1

Crazy wisdom. Every few years my Aikido sensei would let us in on a secret. 'Everything he told us was a lie!', but a necessary one. As we progress we go from big lies to smaller and smaller ones, until we arrive at simplicity. Unfortunately if you start at simplicity people walk away or simply can't get it. Simple can be very hard.

Crazy wisdom is great, nothing gets peoples attention like it. Silent wisdom is also good. Words are often carelessly said and less carefully heard. Communicating silently with gestures and facial expression creates focus. Its a great thing to do with kids.

• Like 1

Crazy wisdom. Every few years my Aikido sensei would let us in on a secret. 'Everything he told us was a lie!', but a necessary one. As we progress we go from big lies to smaller and smaller ones, until we arrive at simplicity. Unfortunately if you start at simplicity people walk away or simply can't get it. Simple can be very hard.

This is true as well. Sometimes I look back and think "why didn't I know this back then?" And I retrace the steps I had to go through to get where I'm at now. If I didn't go through those phases, I wouldn't have arrived at where I'm at now!

Still more to go, but it's good that now I'm at a place where I can "look back" at something :lol:

Sign in to follow this