Sign in to follow this  
DentyDao

Immortals

Wow, thanks for posting this!

I beleive Kit's "The Art of CHi Kung" is the top selling qigong book right now! For good reason, as it is a simple yet advanced and broad introduction to the science and art, from a cosmic and multicultural perspective.

One of Kit's top students will be teachings a weeklong at Kripalu in MA. I am seriously thinking about attending, as this lineage appears to be "up there" with Wu Dang. Imagine being certified to teach Wu Dang and Shaolin Qigong? That could be an entire fruitful life path/"career" and humanitarian journey... toward "immortality"?

The practices he teaches are very good for your health; providing a refreshing alternative to most of the... oh never mind.

The practices he teaches are very good for your health; providing a refreshing alternative to most of the... oh never mind.

edited..sorry, just getting a little punchy lately..disregard..carry on..

:)

AN ALTERNATIVE TO WHAT? say it!

:oDEATH :lol:

Edited by GrandTrinity

AN ALTERNATIVE TO WHAT? say it!

:o DEATH :lol:

Um... no. You're still going to die nomatter how much qigong you do. Ha ha... :blink:

Or should I say HA HA!

Hey, happy halloween

Edited by seandenty

Cool post! I'd imagine that one's cosmic knowledge is more or less equivalent to the last thought one has on earth, so by this measurement he's saying that the next life is 1 part karma and 2 parts knowledge which is essentially an ad to do psychedelic mushrooms in lieu of all this meditation. One chap says that modest mushroom experience = 40 years of meditation. I think old people should put down their bibles and start visiting cow pastures! I've never done mushrooms b4, just going by second hand info.

Good post Sean, thanks.

I'm probably going to take a class with Sifu Wong in NY this coming weekend. I'll give y'all a report.

Yoda, psychedelics are astounding, and worth checking out, but it's unclear to me how much damage they do (I'm talking energetic/psyhic -- "I saw the face of God, which burned out my eyes, so now I'll never see him again", that sort of thing).

One of my favorite tripping stories is from Breaking Open the Head (a great read). Daniel Pinchbeck relates a story of a friend of his that took a particular type of mushroom with red and white spots. These mushrooms are used in shamanistic practices because, aparently, everyone who takes these gets a visit from beings who look like, well, like big walking mushrooms with red and white spots.

The mushroom beings are generally viewed as benevolent guides, teaching the shaman plant knowledge and other spiritual things.

Anyway, the guy takes two shrooms and is tripping his face off in the kitchen, just kind of giggling and watching the walls melt. And all of a sudden, two mushroom beings appear. The conversation goes like this:

"Why have you summoned us?"

"Uh, dude, I just wanted to get high."

[long dreadful silence]

"If you ever call us again we'll kill you."

As you can imagine, a bit of a buzz kill. I have no idea if it's true, but I love it.

Oh, for the record, I've never seen any beings whilst tripping, and I've snarfed my fair share of fungus, but then again I've never had ones with red and white spots . . .

If you do decide to eat some psychedelics, remember that old stoner bit of advice "you can always do more, you can never do less".

Drive safely.

spyrelx

I took that particular mushroom- in fact about 5-6 of them at once. I was tripping allright for about 10 hours with a lot weird stuff happening, but no mushroom people. It's an interesting experience if you consider vomiting a lot while seeing visions and voices explaining to you how much vomit you have left etc. After that experience i through the rest of them away and never did it again.

Amanita muscaria has some poisons in it that will make you sick. Rusian government teaches people since they're young not to eat it or you will die. Only a red kind will make you hallucinate- all other colors may even kill you.

Whooaa smile, chill with that Russian Gov. propaganda! Dont be talking about the potential holy grail like that! A dude from Harvard, or Oxford was it? Interpreted the Dead Sea Scrolls and found that the Amanita aka Toadstool aka Fly agaric... mushroom is actually Jesus Christ... the Holy Grail...manna, the "Mushroom of Immortality" is his book...

Many Taoists talk about immortal mushies... But wait, how did we get on this subject? Must be those intense Halloween vibes...Samhain...

Does anyone here have a connection with an Immortal? or The Immortals?

you already do, it's your 'true self'..it's not out there..chasing after spirits and beings only takes you deeper into maya..

T

Whooaa smile, chill with that Russian Gov. propaganda! Dont be talking about the potential holy grail like that!

I guess living there for over 20 years kind of make me an expert on Russian gov-mt propaganda. :)

I don't think this particular mushroom is the Holy Grail or mana. A good sourse of info on mana or ormus is Ascension Alchemy.

But, like Thaddeus said, why look outside?

Darebak,

That's what I've heard... that some of the insights can stay with you. I heard of a recent study done giving mushrooms to the terminally ill and there was a significant beneficial effect upon their "cosmic knowledge" and their "thoughts on death" to use the above language. Perhaps, that experience will influence their last mortal thoughts very favorably which makes the whole transition much easier and more uplifting to those around them.

There's a website that'll send you free spore, but Mrs Yoda won't let me order any. I feel that I have enough cosmic knowledge to die peacefully at any time, but I'm still curious!!

-Yoda

How is mushroom different from acid?

They're both hallucinogens. Most people will tell you mushrooms are better because they're more "natural" (LSD being a chemical invention) but personally, I've always liked acid better. Better visuals, more powerful, cleaner (i.e., less stomach upset, etc.).

For most of the people on this board though, you will probably want to take this stuff as part of a traditional shamanistic ceremony and that would involve a plant hallucinogen (rather than say acid or ecstacy).

I recently tried San Pedro cactus in a ceremony down in Latin America. I hear San Pedro rituals are growing amongst new agers in the US. The other one is ayahuasca, a vine from the amazon that, I'm told, is a pretty rough and fickle hallucinogen, but also highly prized by south american shamans. Mushroom ceremonies are, I think, mostly indiginous to Mexico and environs, but I'm not sure about that.

Yoda, my guess is San Pedro in your area. Check out Erowid.com for more info.

Have fun.

Sean, how about posting that info so we dont have to sing up for a seperate forum to see it?

I agree. It's kind of a zen thing.

If you're going to eat, eat.

If you're going to shit, shit.

If you're going to talk about immortals, talk about them.

If you're going to advertise David's class, then advertise it.

The mushroom of longevity or immortality the Chinese speak of is Ganoderma lucidum, the Reishi mushroom. It is actually a wood fungus, not a mushroom in the fairy circle context. All edible mushrooms (reishi, shitake, miatake, button, et.) are considered medicinal to some degree but the Reshei is the king. A great longevity tonic is reshi wine (six parts wine to one part reshi, soak for a month and drink 2 ounces per day). Mushrooms are one of the herbs that are most easily processed into kidney essence and then to Shen (through Practices), and are considered one of the so called spirit foods because of this. Psychedellic mushrooms convert almost immediatly to Shen and because of this one percieves the world of the Shiens immediatly and directly. However, the experience does not last because 1. the mushrooms energy is so rarified and 2. there is usually no practice to support the experience. You get to look through the window but you can't open the door and go in because you have not done the work. The other way, with the Reshi combined with Practices, you eventually get to go in and stay.

The one outstanding experience that I had that has stuck with me was when I had a few mushrooms and just sat on the porch of my apartment. At one point I looked down at my feet and they were dragon feet. I could feel my claws, teeth and wings. It was very realistic. The human body seemed to be the vision that lied beneath this.
Part of deity practice is that - perhaps at some point - the deity deigns to occupy the same space as your body, which is a more direct opportunity for your body to learn from the deity's body.

"1. the mushrooms energy is so rarified and 2. there is usually no practice to support the experience. You get to look through the window but you can't open the door and go in because you have not done the work"

Any tonic can be used in conjunction with chi gung meditation to make the experience your own. This is usually done in a type of cycling, which is normal methodology for most martial artists. In the case of mind/body practices of Taoist origin, it seems once the practitioner regularlly exercises their ability to be in a state of Sung , other levels of consciousness are accessable through their ability to relax the mind/body connection to allow the suggestable nature of that state to open the doors and windows with your intent. This is much like the mind between wake and sleep, thoughts are things, and previous levels of consciousness can be recalled to consciousness.

Particularlly cycling any tonic with Chi Gung practice will produce greater tonic effects and if that tonic is meant to alter perception, those perceptions CAN be either permanently altered (not recommended to go for this without a guide), or "tuned into" per the choice of the practitioner.

Spectrum

Sign in to follow this