Sign in to follow this  
zanshin

Menopause

Thanks to all the board dudes, I've really ramped up my files of useless knowledge on the subject of semen retention, but can anyone give a sister some advice? :rolleyes:

Occasionally waking up hot and sweaty and throwing the covers off. As someone who is usually cold sort of probably mistakenly looking forward to hot flashes, but oh, will I lose my superpowers of doing strenuous exercise with minimal sweat or running for miles when it's 90 degrees and humid and no one else even wants to step out of cold icky air conditioning? Seriously, can anyone tell me about energetics or any cultivation challenges or opportunities at this phase?

• Like 3

What an interesting topic Zanshin. It would be nice to see some helpful replies.

I am still too young for menopose myself, but remeber my mum at that time of her life taking up seated meditation and some breathing techniques and some yogic asanas which she did twice a day every day. Sometimes more and still continues to do.

This helped her to sort herself out a lot plus cure her chronic rheumatisam too.

• Like 1

Yes, I am also glad that I know how to retain without getting blue balls :-) TTB's will do that to a gal;-)

And if someone asks me to press their million-dollar point I will refuse as I do not wish to cause a screwup (pun intended).

The prevailing idea that I have about 'traditional' female practices is that women don't have quite as many risks in terms of 'losing' (whether that be 'jing' or 'energy' or whatever). I wonder if it's worth questioning this one? If so, on how many levels? Quite some, I reckon:-))

• Like 1

Ah well, yes, not so much information on female practices, will try to take comfort in multiple orgasms ;)

I'm pretty sure have a while before really start menopause anyway, maybe will even be a positive stage for me since I'm terribly too yin and cold and metal and water.

Nice warm spring day, walked around and did barefoot yard work.

Thanks to all the board dudes, I've really ramped up my files of useless knowledge on the subject of semen retention, but can anyone give a sister some advice? :rolleyes:

Useless? You could be a man in your next life, You'll be thanking me then. :P

-My 2 cents, Peace

Useless? You could be a man in your next life, You'll be thanking me then. :P

-My 2 cents, Peace

Hmm, I wonder...

'Twould be some crazy karma.

That too, might work out just fine, as a mom and a householder, some of the more dedicated and esoteric practices are probably going to have to wait for another life anyway.

Some nutritional things for menopause are:

There is often an onset of calcium deficiency (affecting hormones and bone density), so calcium plus it's supports like vitamin D and C

Thyroid needs to be in good shape to balance hormone functions, so iodine will help in balanced doses.

Vitamin E helps all the minerals do their thing, plus helps circulation

I would take this by: hemp oil daily (vitamin E, omegas), kelp a few times a week (iodine), hearty greens and cabbage daily (calcium), pine pollen or cod liver oil (vitamin D), oranges (vitamin C)

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

I'm no expert on menopause, but there's some truth to -K-'s comment about liver fire. However, what I feel is a weakness coming from your spiritual experiences around fire and burning. It's the cumulative effect of all your burning experiences. So we just make you strong to it and delete the effects of those burning experiences from your body, mind, and spirit.

Also, your sensations, emotions, and reactions triad needs firming up. That's better now.

Thanks for tea link and diet advice!

Clarity, yours does seem right, yes my sensation, reaction and emotions triad better than it was, maybe time to get rid of more things I don't need anymore.

Thanks for tea link and diet advice!

Clarity, yours does seem right, yes my sensation, reaction and emotions triad better than it was, maybe time to get rid of more things I don't need anymore.

Zanshin, you're very welcome.

And watch out for suppressing emotions, especially anger and frustration. That can weaken the liver and increase internal heat.

Interesting POV Clarity. I read previous advice on the topic of anger as "don't get angry as it harms liver chi". And not "don't suppress XYZ emotion as it has a harmful effect on such and such an organ/meridian".

Is it generally agreed upon that suppression of emotions is harmful to the person doing the suppressing? I reckon this ties nicely back into some other threads.

Not because I often get furious or anything ;-)

Interesting POV Clarity. I read previous advice on the topic of anger as "don't get angry as it harms liver chi". And not "don't suppress XYZ emotion as it has a harmful effect on such and such an organ/meridian".

Is it generally agreed upon that suppression of emotions is harmful to the person doing the suppressing? I reckon this ties nicely back into some other threads.

Not because I often get furious or anything ;-)

Getting angry isn't the problem so much as suppressing it. That's true for negative emotions in general.

Sign in to follow this