Sign in to follow this  
fallintounity

Happiness

Okay, so you want to be happy. I can understand that.

Have you yet defined what "happy" means to you?

And you are talking about lasting (pseudo-eternal) 'happiness', not just temporary 'happines', right?

Okay, so you want to be happy. I can understand that.

Have you yet defined what "happy" means to you?

And you are talking about lasting (pseudo-eternal) 'happiness', not just temporary 'happines', right?

its really not cool..

Edited by fallintounity

yup, the eternal one;

right now happiness is comfort- the ability to think in a clear environment, enough so that I can find like minded people.. i know myself, very well..

that is the nature of 'the sadness' ; the inability to discover self.. predominantly because of 'environment'

anyway thats happiness; for now.. (but im sure it leads to the greater one)

unfortunately this family of mine is quite the nasty infection.. and they reflect upon the friends i have made thus far in my life..

sound negative.. i suppose, but the experience is far worst..

I yearn to be free, I have a great great mind, am a better more compassionate person.. but I am not offered any oportunity to find my way---

its really not cool..

The way is everywhere, in every situation, in every environment. Comfort in all situations is truly knowing yourself, in my opinion. It's a very difficult thing.

Good luck to you, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Happiness is not something that needs to be defined or pursued

I'm going to disagree with you here just because I want to.

That is, I will disagree with you stating that happiness does not need to be defined. I think that we need to be able to define when we are at peace with our Self. I cannot take 'happiness' to any higher level than that.

Regardless of the experience, we have experiences that cause us to have a pleasurable feeling within. These experiences are our temporary moments of happiness. They last only a short time. Then we have another experience that causes us to be uncomfortable and we become unhappy. For many people these too last only a short time.

The people who feel they are unhappy are those who have more uncomfortable experiences than pleasurable experiences.

So what is to be done? Many different ways to deal with this and I won't even attepmt to speak to any of them except to the possibility of avoidance. That is, avoiding those conditions that we know will bring us unhappiness.

But sometimes things cannot be avoided so when they present themselves we must learn to recognize them for what they are, acknowledge their presence, and let them go their merry way as quickly as possible. We should not linger on them and by no means we should not play the "what if" game.

I do agree with you that we should not "pursue" happiness as this will only take us on a wild goose chase. We will never catch it. Happiness (the eternal kind), and Tao as well, will come to us when we are ready. We must have first set aside all our anger and disapproval. Anger and contention will prevent both Tao and happiness from entering our inner essence.

The eternal happiness, IMO, is not the thing we jump up and down about, that is the temporary happiness, the physical happiness. Eternal happiness is mild and mellow, silent and withour form. Sometimes we don't even recognize that it exists because we are seeking after materialistic things that we think are the roots toward happiness. That would be an error.

• Like 1

Haha a happy person is not defined by how many happy moment he has compared to unhappy ones, or at least he shouldn't do that.

The worst thing a person can do for his happiness is wait for it, how can you just wait and expect the world to make you happy if you have no control over it?

You could just live your life and put happy moments into one category and unhappy into another and then avoid the bad things. Just thinking about the bad things will make more of them. Remember poor ol' Gill from Simpsons?

Happiness shouldn't be defined because if you think you know what it is, you will be miserable when you loose it. Like if you think you're happy when you drive your awesome car and then it gets stolen later.

The actual happiness is something that's already forgotten and taken for granted. For it to be actually eternal, you need to remember that you are already happy.

Happiness is a thing that can be created out of more happiness. It's always there but people forget about it. Everyone was born happy. That happiness is always there even during the bad moments, but the bad moments make you forget you had it. Once you remember you have it, you can see it everywhere and the others can see it, too.

That's when you make more of it.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this