StormHealer

Semen Retention: 100 Days and My Experiences

the ultimate goal of any spiritual path is to leave this material world to return to the spiritual world..

No. Well not my goal anyway. The spiritual and the material are just two different levels of the same reality. One is not better than the other.

"Man is between earth (physical) and sky (spiritual)" That is one of the basic taoist principles. A very important one.

Do you want to be reborn in this world?

That depends on the state of the world when I come back! It is naturally a beautiful place, so unless mankind screws everything why not?

Sorry for the off-topic (which is a very good one, BTW)

Edited by baiqi
  • Like 1

imo that view is overly reductionist and rigid. that's akin to saying "well, you'd better not express any energy whatsoever, you need as much as possible for the breakthrough." which of course you might as well try carrying a bucket of water with your bare hands and no bucket if you're trying to hoard energy. hold on tight!

dual cultivation doesnt necessitate ejaculation.

there are some "expressions of energies" which do not cause permanent damage to your system.. putting your energy into sports for eg or making money..

but ejaculatory sex is not one of them.. when you ejaculate, you lose a portion of your power permanently..

Tulku, I really don't think seeing women as possessed by evil entities who want to steal your life force is going to spur you to enlightenment, nor do I think that you will enhance your spiritual energy by meditating on corpses. This is just trading one negative for another (repulsion), and is not the Taoist way, though it may be used as "skillful" means in some Buddhist sects. This type of thing employs fear and lower frequencies which is not the aim of Taoist spiritual alchemy. The first goal of the 100 days, imo, is to help one get in the habit of raising oneself above these emotional dilemmas and transform latent energy into creative power that can be used to further oneself along the path of following Tao.

now this is hilarious..

i am merely warning posters in here how not to get hit by cars and you come around and tell me not to go around spreading fear and lower frequencies on the subject of cars .. LOL...

you can meditate on the grossness of the body and yet still retain compassion towards women.. i mention compassion and not lust because that is how most men look at women and vice versa nowadays..

the meditation on dead bodies is meant to eradicate your lust and greed for the bodies of the opposite sex.. it is not meant to develop a sense of hatred towards the opposite sex..

if you do not understand the death meditation that well, i suggest you go study further before making immature comments..

no actually its like climbing a mountain with the woman you love instead of climbing it alone.

if one cannot see an attachment for what it is.. even stones can and will be women..

enlightenment isn't about leaving this physical life. Name a single practitioner who became enlightened and immediately left the physical life. I have never heard of one.

You sound like an escapist.

This is because you have not done your research enough. I suggest goggling taoist immortal body or the rainbow body.

I sound like someone who seen through the maya of life and am ready to leave it.

actually to a buddha, it wouldn't really matter. I think it only matters to you because you're a prude.

call me a prude call me a buddha what does it matter to man who has already seen through maya ... or beginning to see through it anyway..

i have a funny feeling that trying to explain love to you would be a waste of words. To me it speaks for itself. As i have said to you before, last time you started on a rampage of prudism, if everyone followed your advice, the human race would be extinct in one generation.

Love is natural, sex is natural, death is natural, the physical world is natural. The sooner one accepts these facts, the less obstacles they have to their progress. Your mind creates the problem and then freaks out on us trying to deal with it. There is no problem.

Love, the physical world and all its attachments are only natural to the asuras, demons and devils.

If every human on this earth becomes a celibate, and i mean not only being celibate in the body but being celibate with the mind and spirit as well, i personally guarantee you that the entire human race will become a race of enlightened immortal gods within 10 years..

Hell if every human becomes celibate in mind body and spirit and every human rejects the physical world and its attachments .. then i tell you.. it might be even possible for the human race to become gods in matter of weeks or even days..

but judging from attitudes like yours.. this scenario sounds like a mere impossibility..

not unless someone has the power to remove desires and attachments from humanity permanently..

the obstacle is ignorance. Love is an immeasurable.

it is funny.. a few years ago i was studying the shurangama sutra and the venerable was saying like how in the last days of mankind.. many demons would come forth and call love "enlightenment"..

i was thinking how this might be an impossible concept.. why would anyone be silly enough to call love and sex "enlightenment"?

but now i understand the good venerable's words exactly .. in more ways than one..

okay. To save sentient beings from suffering? because life is beautiful? to meet another loving person to dual cultivate with? because i don't feel that i am so special that i should live in the "spirit world" and not get my feet dirty with the dust of the nasty physical world? for 100 other reasons that i am not going to take the time to type?

you are an idealist, tulku, and i am a pragmatist. You are a radical, an extremist, and i follow the middle way. So naturally we disagree. But you are not a tulku, or i suspect you would realize that there is no one right way for everyone, that you can't make absolute statements about what we all should do and that all women are bad for progress and that sort of thing.

If you said "well the way i see it..." or "perhaps..." or "one way of looking at it is..." it would be a whole different story. But you come across like a catholic priest or an uptight mother, or someone who just has never experienced the beauty and wonder that is dual cultivation, and really has no right to try to sound like an authority regarding it. Maybe i won't be reborn into the 777th heaven of pure meditation because i actually generated karma, and maybe thats okay with me! Everyone's path is their own, and you sound like a broken record of self-righteous criticism whenever you pop up around here and start spewing your ummm philosophy. Please show some respect for the practices of others, even though they might differ from your own personal methodology. Thank you.

edit: tulku even though you are back from your break it seems you haven't grown up much. You still seem to have this sensationalist, incendiary, way of writing that just begs for attention. It seems very ego based. It strikes me as a form of what Chogyam Trungpa (who was an actual tulku btw) called spiritual materialism. Using spiritual concepts or ideas to feed the ego and satisfy the part of you that needs attention isn't what i feel like feeding into. So in that spirit, i appologize to the other users of TTB for sinking to take the bait that was offered. I will do my best not to engage mister tulku this time around. Blessings!

Life is beautiful? Have you ever gone backpacking in Africa and China and see how humans are suffering like animals and slaves in those countries?

How many countries have you been to? How many cultures have you interacted with? Have you seen how our whole world is a world based on slavery .. a world based on one living being feeding off the suffering of another..

who are the ones who make your teddy bears and clothes.. who are the ones who are being killed for your food?...

so that you can bring your loved one out on a special date to eat a living being killed for your enjoyment .. so that you can give that special woman a teddy bear and a pair of sexy lingerie made by child workers below the age of 12..

so that in then end.. you hope that the woman whom you are dating would be so impressed by your teddy bear, you pair of sexy lingerie and the fancy meat at the restaurant that she would give you sex in the end for you to indulge your sexual desires?...

don't tell me this world is beautiful.. this world is only beautiful to those humans who would enjoy the benefits given to them based on the suffering of others..

you don't follow the middle way.. you may think you follow the middle way but more likely.. you follow the way of the asuras and demons instead..

i am only writing the truth and if the truth hurts your ego.. then so be it..

Edited by tulku

Tulku, I really don't think seeing women as possessed by evil entities who want to steal your life force is going to spur you to enlightenment, nor do I think that you will enhance your spiritual energy by meditating on corpses. This is just trading one negative for another (repulsion), and is not the Taoist way, though it may be used as "skillful" means in some Buddhist sects. This type of thing employs fear and lower frequencies which is not the aim of Taoist spiritual alchemy. The first goal of the 100 days, imo, is to help one get in the habit of raising oneself above these emotional dilemmas and transform latent energy into creative power that can be used to further oneself along the path of following Tao.

Tulku can be pretty sensationalist....

I know that at one point Gerard spoke out against this practice, though it has nothing to with "employing fear and lower frequencies." Really it's use is for overcoming one of the five hindrances (which in this case would be sensory desire) to achieving jhana. From this article My link:

The Five Hindrances (Nivarana)

Ajahn Brahmavamso

NAMO TASSA BHAGAVATO ARAHATO SAMMASAMBUDDHASSA

The major obstacles to successful meditation and liberating insight take the form of one or more of the Five Hindrances. The whole practice leading to Enlightenment can be well expressed as the effort to overcome the Five Hindrances, at first suppressing them temporarily in order to experience Jhana and Insight, and then overcoming them permanently through the full development of the Noble Eightfold Path.

So, what are these Five Hindrances? They are:

KAMACCHANDA : Sensory Desire

VYAPADA : Ill Will

THINA-MIDDHA: Sloth and Torpor

UDDHACCA-KUKKUCCA : Restlessness and Remorse

VICIKICCHA : Doubt

1. Sensory desire refers to that particular type of wanting that seeks for happiness through the five senses of sight, sound, smell, taste and physical feeling. It specifically excludes any aspiration for happiness through the sixth sense of mind alone.

In its extreme form, sensory desire is an obsession to find pleasure in such things as sexual intimacy, good food or fine music. But it also includes the desire to replace irritating or even painful five-sense experiences with pleasant ones, i.e. the desire for sensory comfort.

The Lord Buddha compared sensory desire to taking out a loan. Any pleasure one experiences through these five senses must be repaid through the unpleasantness of separation, loss or hungry emptiness which follow relentlessly when the pleasure is used up. As with any loan, there is also the matter of interest and thus, as the Lord Buddha said, the pleasure is small compared to the suffering repaid.

In meditation, one transcends sensory desire for the period by letting go of concern for this body and its five sense activity. Some imagine that the five senses are there to serve and protect the body, but the truth is that the body is there to serve the five senses as they play in the world ever seeking delight. Indeed, the Lord Buddha once said, "The five senses ARE the world" and to leave the world, to enjoy the other worldly bliss of Jhana, one must give up for a time ALL concern for the body and its five senses.

When sensory desire is transcended, the mind of the meditator has no interest in the promise of pleasure or even comfort with this body. The body disappears and the five senses all switch off. The mind becomes calm and free to look within. The difference between the five sense activity and its transcendence is like the difference between looking out of a window and looking in a mirror. The mind that is free from five sense activity can truly look within and see its real nature. Only from that can wisdom arise as to what we are, from where and why?!

2. Ill will refers to the desire to punish, hurt or destroy. It includes sheer hatred of a person, or even a situation, and it can generate so much energy that it is both seductive and addictive. At the time, it always appears justified for such is its power that it easily corrupts our ability to judge fairly. It also includes ill will towards oneself, otherwise known as guilt, which denies oneself any possibility of happiness. In meditation, ill will can appear as dislike towards the meditation object itself, rejecting it so that one's attention is forced to wander elsewhere.

The Lord Buddha likened ill will to being sick. Just as sickness denies one the freedom and happiness of health, so ill will denies one the freedom and happiness of peace.

Ill will is overcome by applying Metta, loving kindness. When it is ill will towards a person, Metta teaches one to see more in that person than all that which hurts you, to understand why that person hurt you (often because they were hurting intensely themselves), and encourages one to put aside one's own pain to look with compassion on the other. But if this is more than one can do, Metta to oneself leads one to refuse to dwell in ill will to that person, so as to stop them from hurting you further with the memory of those deeds. Similarly, if it is ill will towards oneself, Metta sees more than one's own faults, can understand one's own faults, and finds the courage to forgive them, learn from their lesson and let them go. Then, if it is ill will towards the mediation object (often the reason why a meditator cannot find peace) Metta embraces the meditation object with care and delight. For example, just as a mother has a natural Metta towards her child, so a meditator can look on their breath, say, with the very same quality of caring attention. Then it will be just as unlikely to lose the breath through forgetfulness as it is unlikely for a mother to forget her baby in the shopping mall, and it would be just as improbable to drop the breath for some distracting thought as it is for a distracted mother to drop her baby! When ill will is overcome, it allows lasting relationships with other people, with oneself and, in meditation, a lasting, enjoyable relationship with the meditation object, one that can mature into the full embrace of absorption.

3. Sloth and torpor refers to that heaviness of body and dullness of mind which drag one down into disabling inertia and thick depression. The Lord Buddha compared it to being imprisoned in a cramped, dark cell, unable to move freely in the bright sunshine outside. In meditation, it causes weak and intermittent mindfulness which can even lead to falling asleep in meditation without even realising it!

Sloth and torpor is overcome by rousing energy. Energy is always available but few know how to turn on the switch, as it were. Setting a goal, a reasonable goal, is a wise and effective way to generate energy, as is deliberately developing interest in the task at hand. A young child has a natural interest, and consequent energy, because its world is so new. Thus, if one can learn to look at one's life, or one's meditation, with a 'beginner's mind' one can see ever new angles and fresh possibilities which keep one distant from sloth and torpor, alive and energetic. Similarly, one can develop delight in whatever one is doing by training one's perception to see the beautiful in the ordinary, thereby generating the interest which avoids the half-death that is sloth and torpor.

The mind has two main functions, 'doing' and 'knowing'. The way of meditation is to calm the 'doing' to complete tranquillity while maintaining the 'knowing'. Sloth and torpor occur when one carelessly calms both the 'doing' and the 'knowing', unable to distinguish between them.

Sloth and torpor is a common problem which can creep up and smother one slowly. A skilful meditator keeps a sharp look-out for the first signs of sloth and torpor and is thus able to spot its approach and take evasive action before it's too late. Like coming to a fork in a road, one can take that mental path leading away from sloth and torpor. Sloth and torpor is an unpleasant state of body and mind, too stiff to leap into the bliss of Jhana and too blinded to spot any insights. In short, it is a complete waste of precious time.

4. Restlessness refers to a mind which is like a monkey, always swinging on to the next branch, never able to stay long with anything. It is caused by the fault-finding state of mind which cannot be satisfied with things as they are, and so has to move on to the promise of something better, forever just beyond.

The Lord Buddha compared restlessness to being a slave, continually having to jump to the orders of a tyrannical boss who always demands perfection and so never lets one stop.

Restlessness is overcome by developing contentment, which is the opposite of fault-finding. One learns the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more. One is grateful for this moment, rather than picking out its deficiencies. For instance, in meditation restlessness is often the impatience to move quickly on to the next stage. The fastest progress, though is achieved by those who are content with the stage they are on now. It is the deepening of that contentment that ripens into the next stage. So be careful of 'wanting to get on with it' and instead learn how to rest in appreciative contentment. That way, the 'doing' disappears and the meditation blossoms.

Remorse refers to a specific type of restlessness which is the kammic effect of one's misdeeds. The only way to overcome remorse, the restlessness of a bad conscience, is to purify one's virtue and become kind, wise and gentle. It is virtually impossible for the immoral or the self indulgent to make deep progress in meditation.

5. Doubt refers to the disturbing inner questions at a time when one should be silently moving deeper. Doubt can question one's own ability "Can I do This?", or question the method "Is this the right way?", or even question the meaning "What is this?". It should be remembered that such questions are obstacles to meditation because they are asked at the wrong time and thus become an intrusion, obscuring one's clarity.

The Lord Buddha likened doubt to being lost in a desert, not recognising any landmarks.

Such doubt is overcome by gathering clear instructions, having a good map, so that one can recognise the subtle landmarks in the unfamiliar territory of deep meditation and so know which way to go. Doubt in one's ability is overcome by nurturing self confidence with a good teacher. A meditation teacher is like a coach who convinces the sports team that they can succeed. The Lord Buddha stated that one can, one will, reach Jhana and Enlightenment if one carefully and patiently follows the instructions. The only uncertainty is 'when'! Experience also overcomes doubt about one's ability and also doubt whether this is the right path. As one realised for oneself the beautiful stages of the path, one discovers that one is indeed capable of the very highest, and that this is the path that leads one there.

The doubt that takes the form of constant assessing "Is this Jhana?" "How am I going?", is overcome by realising that such questions are best left to the end, to the final couple of minutes of the meditation. A jury only makes its judgement at the end of the trial, when all the evidence has been presented. Similarly, a skilful meditator pursues a silent gathering of evidence, reviewing it only at the end to uncover its meaning.

The end of doubt, in meditation, is described by a mind which has full trust in the silence, and so doesn't interfere with any inner speech. Like having a good chauffeur, one sits silently on the journey out of trust in the driver.

Any problem which arises in meditation will be one of these Five Hindrances, or a combination. So, if one experiences any difficulty, use the scheme of the Five Hindrances as a 'check list' to identify the main problem. Then you will know the appropriate remedy, apply it carefully, and go beyond the obstacle into deeper meditation.

When the Five Hindrances are fully overcome, there is no barrier between the meditator and the bliss of Jhana. Therefore, the certain test that these Five Hindrances are really overcome is the ability to access Jhana.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The reason of why these are hindrances to accessing the bliss of jhana (My link); the "nimitta" or "sign" (My link) and all that stuff dealing with jhana is outside the scope of this thread though....

• Like 2

http://www.cttbusa.org/shurangama6/shurangama6_1.asp

Sutra:

After my extinction, in the Dharma-ending Age, these hordes of demons will abound, spreading like wildfire as they openly practice greed and lust. Claiming to be good knowing advisors, they will cause living beings to fall into the pit of love and views and lose the way to Bodhi.

Commentary:

Shakyamuni Buddha said, "While I'm in the world, such demons will not dare to show themselves, but after my extinction, in the Dharma-ending Age, these hordes of demons will abound." It is just our present age that is being referred to here, when the dharma is about to die out. There are simply too many of these demons around, going about everywhere discussing sexual desire. And they themselves revel in lust, be they men or women. At the same time, they think that they are enlightened and have become Buddhas.

How is it that I recognize such people as these, such as the one who says he's a Buddha. We won't mention any names. He said he was a Buddha, and I said he was a demon.

"Who's a demon!?" he said.

"You are," I replied. How did I know? He's just like what's described here. He's always talking about emotion and love. "Love, love. I love everybody!" It's really shameless. What right do you have to be in love with everyone? These demons abound, spreading like wildfire as they openly practice greed and lust. They'll be all the rage in the world. Ignorant people will be taken in by them, thinking what they have to say makes sense. It will especially agree with young people's way of thinking. As the saying goes, "Persons of similar (atrocious) tastes get together." They praise one another as they go down this road. If they didn't agree with each other's ideas, they wouldn't do that. If people's paths are not in agreement, they won't collaborate with one another. But if their thinking is the same, then the blind can lead the blind. How pitiful! I'm not scolding people here, but

If one who is dazed

transmits the delusion to another,

When all is said and done,

neither one understands.

The teacher falls into the hells,

And the disciples burrow in after him.

The teacher winds up in the hells, and when his disciples show up there as well, he is surprised. "How did you get here? This is a terrible place!"

"You came first, and you're our teacher, so of course we would follow you," they reply.

Claiming to be good knowing advisors. They boast, "I give lectures all over the place to lots of people." Ridiculous! They will cause living beings to fall into the pit of love and views and lose the Way to Bodhi. They cause all they come in contact with to fall into the pit of sexual desire. They forfeit Bodhi and end up in the hells.

• Like 1

Without going into a pointless philosophical debate, or finding the fundamentalist perfection of Buddhism, the point remains that in seeking the middle path, cultivating disgust to quell desire, even though it may help for the short term, cultivating this disgust is an error in itself and, at most, needs to be left behind like training wheels on a bicycle since depending on repulsion is not perfection.

Of course, I also make this point since ``Tulku's`` comments seem to be tainted with a tendency towards aversion which he might need to adress eventually as well..

• Like 1

2lad7gm.jpg

the great illusionary power of makeup

Is that for real? They barely look like the before pics, LOL. That looks like some sort of photoshop job....I like the after pics of ladies #2 and #4 :D

i am only writing the truth and if the truth hurts your ego.. then so be it..

I wish you blessings and success on your path. However, you are far too presumptuous for me to continue this conversation with you.

• Like 2

to be honest, I agree with some of the things tulku says (not the decomposing bodies shit though haha XD). I just don't understand why you sit there typing all these replies out. If I knew and saw the things you've seen, I wouldn't even open my mouth haha let alone try to explain them over the internet.

Love is not no demon shit man, if it was than the world would be blessed wouldn't it(demons are apparantly everywhere....)? Love, weither it's emotional or spiritual doesn't start wars my brotha so it's definatly nasty lower emotions which these "demons" are carrying around. Not love.

It would be a shame to let this thread get derailed by tulku. Hehehe he is like someone who has put their bag down in dog shit and now thinks that everywhere they go stinks! I guess its just his karma to be miserable and try to make others miserable with him :D :D hehe not me! Life is the dance of the divine, and mine is certainly beautiful, although i obviously can't speak for everyone. *yawn* But back to semen retention...

I told my girlfriend about (the relevant parts of) this thread, and about 100 days being a goal and a milestone, and she understood completely. She said she would do her best to help me see if i can get there! :wub: :wub: :wub: We really never set goals or talked about it before, she just understood that i don't like to ejaculate, and that i didn't really mind if she tried her worst to make me ejaculate! hahaha its like a game we play and it makes for wonderful sex :D

I still don't know why i feel the need to release my essence after 50 days, but today is 50 days for me. In the last week i have had 3 sex dreams but none of them caused emissions, even though in 2 dreams i had orgasms! I used to think it was my girlfriend's fault for wanting that energy, but now i realize that thats just where my body is in its progress, i hit a wall at about 50 days. I guess it just seems like its her fault but i don't think it is.

Well I am looking forward to pushing my envelope further and eventually getting to the 100 day milestone!

• Like 3

It would be a shame to let this thread get derailed by tulku. Hehehe he is like someone who has put their bag down in dog shit and now thinks that everywhere they go stinks! I guess its just his karma to be miserable and try to make others miserable with him :D :D hehe not me! Life is the dance of the divine, and mine is certainly beautiful, although i obviously can't speak for everyone. *yawn* But back to semen retention...

I told my girlfriend about (the relevant parts of) this thread, and about 100 days being a goal and a milestone, and she understood completely. She said she would do her best to help me see if i can get there! :wub: :wub: :wub: We really never set goals or talked about it before, she just understood that i don't like to ejaculate, and that i didn't really mind if she tried her worst to make me ejaculate! hahaha its like a game we play and it makes for wonderful sex :D

I still don't know why i feel the need to release my essence after 50 days, but today is 50 days for me. In the last week i have had 3 sex dreams but none of them caused emissions, even though in 2 dreams i had orgasms! I used to think it was my girlfriend's fault for wanting that energy, but now i realize that thats just where my body is in its progress, i hit a wall at about 50 days. I guess it just seems like its her fault but i don't think it is.

Well I am looking forward to pushing my envelope further and eventually getting to the 100 day milestone!

Congrats bro keep going! I also hit day 50 today but I sort of fucked up haha XD. I woke up still half drunk and asleep and well ended up rubbing one out. After I was like, well there goes 50 days in the garbage LOL. I decided not to beat myself up for failing this time, shit happens. By my birthday in 3 months I'll be at 90 days which is the reset time. I have faith bro we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just sucks seeing my 50 day star go back to day one on r/nofap :(

10 more days and you'll be at 2 months!

• Like 1

Congrats bro keep going! I also hit day 50 today but I sort of fucked up haha XD. I woke up still half drunk and asleep and well ended up rubbing one out. After I was like, well there goes 50 days in the garbage LOL. I decided not to beat myself up for failing this time, shit happens. By my birthday in 3 months I'll be at 90 days which is the reset time. I have faith bro we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just sucks seeing my 50 day star go back to day one on r/nofap :(

10 more days and you'll be at 2 months!

DOH! yes yesterday was a day of mischief and mayhem for most ppl. I went out at about 1pm to get some herbs and a knife sharpener, thinking "it won't be that bad" but people were drinking in the streets, wearing green and going on about how they were "born irish" in slurred voices. HAhahahah it was great! My girlfriend said she kept trying just to see peoples original nature but she couldn't, and she kept seeing "drunken buddha" and "douchebag buddha" at best hahahaahha she cracks me up

faith is good. I have faith cause of those 2 sex dreams i had that didn't cause emissions... my PC muscle clenches in my sleep! hahahaha! you will make it back bro, if i had a nickle for every time i had fallen short of a personal retention goal, i would have enough to buy you a shot of jameson's in a green beer! A little hair of the dog for ya hahahha

thanks for the encouragement! I wish you success as well :)

hey T.S

its usually really challenging at first and gets better as time goes on. I hardly have fantasies or any surges of energy that i really feel are going to overpower me (for lack of a better way to put it) like i used to. Emptiness meditation tends to help everything else you do in life, but i find that having a couple "bread-and-butter" techniques that you can go to to deal with excess sexual energy really helped me.

i have been taught that jing, qi, and shen, are really one thing, like steam, water, and ice are h2o. But there are gates of a sort in between the jing energy and the qi energy that storing semen will help break down. At that stage of progress, i find it is important to draw sexual energy up from the testicles into the dantian and let it become qi. I find that just intending this by "pulling" with the dantian with your intent and intentions, just drawing it up and letting the dantian refine it to qi (that happens naturally, its part of what the dantian does) and then circulating the small orbit (microcosmic orbit up the back and down the front) in any way that suits you (there are a couple ways to effectively circulate this energy, my favorite is just to turn the dantian like a waterwheel and let it move energy through the channels. on inbreath, let the dantian rotate forward 1/2 rotation, and on outbreath, 1/2. As you become proficient you will move energy throughout all your channels and reservoirs of your body, so this is my favorite technique). Keep drawing energy up throughout the day and circulating it and in time your body will open those channels and it will happen automatically whenever there is an excess of semen jing. When you become proficient you will not get blueballs (unless you achieve some hours of heroic effort and then with a little meditation it will go away :) )

Another good technique if you work with chakras is to draw sexual energy up to the throat chakra, which is the chakra of the void element or of space, akasha, aether. Just intend it from the testicles up to the throat, and intend that semen travels up the spine to the throat (semen and cerebrospinal fluid are almost chemically identical except the sperm according to Daniel Reid, author of Tao of Health Sex and Longevity, an awesome book to read on the subject) and from the throat, let it be transmuted to empty energy, or a vibration that is not so heavily lusty, and then from the throat, move it up to the brain, or ajna (third eye) in the center of the head. Again, this is just an intention which works on a subtle level, and better the more you practice it. In time you can actually move semen up the spinal column into the brain to nourish your brain with the vital jing essence.

with those two techniques and that book, you're off to a good start. I hope you can garner other techniques from other bums who have achieved success in their sexual gongfu. I agree with the advice to be patient and do not obsess about perfection, you will make mistakes, have sex dreams, get frustrated, etc. Just be kind to yourself, and remember to channel the energy upward into other activities, like whatever else you do, do it with the intention to channel your semen jing into it!

Blessings on your path

Hi again...

Ok so, it's been a few days now and the energy is starting to build up a bit. Is transmuting the energy really as simple as visualising it moving from the groin area up to the dan tien? I'm not experienced with energy work so I want to make sure I get this right...Are there any dangers I should know about before experimenting further with this? I'm doing this with a view to channel the energy into more creative pursuits, as I've been spending a bit too much time just sitting around lately :rolleyes:

Thanks.

My world is neither beautiful nor is it ugly.

I am not looking for hatred nor am i looking for love.

You can walk the middle road without bending to either extreme.

This thread was about semen retention, not about "should we go back to the spiritual, letting this shitty world behind us?".

This is a good question (I already made my point about it), but if you wish to continue, please open a new discussion.

So, about semen retention: what do you do that for? I know there are spiritual reasons for it... I also read this interview of Ma Chuanxu, a bagua master: JS: As far as I know Taoists suggest that one should also stop having sex, otherwise the Small and Large Heavenly Circles will never open. Is that true for Bagua Neigong practice as well?

MR.MA: Yes, this is very important condition. My teacher told me that at the very beginning - if you want to develop true skill, you must be like a monk, living in celibacy. There is a story about "Coal" Ma, who was selling coal in Beijing's Caishikou. When he started to study Baguazhang from Dong Haichuan, he took his quilt and moved out to live in the shop. He lived there for three years and did not return home even once during that time.

Your body requires one week to recover after one sexual intercourse. i.e. come back to the condition before the intercourse. One hundred days is required to recover Original Qi (Yuan Qi) completely (i.e. recover to the condition before one had any sex). About three years is required to open Small Heavenly Circle.

JS: What about married people? I'm afraid people who have families will have difficulty with developing any Internal Skill then...

MR.MA: There is not a big problem with practice in Middle Basin (Zhong Pan), you can still get Internal Skill. However once you decide to practice Lower Basin you have to stop any sexual activity.

JS: What if one decides to practice in Lower Basin without fulfilling that requirement?

MR.MA: You will only hurt yourself. Lower Basin is a very demanding practice for the body and it will not be able to endure it. During Lower Basin practice you have to eat well and have good rest. It is like having a bank account. If you draw 1 million dollars from it and then transfer 1 million back it is OK. If you transfer 1 million and one dollar, you will have little saving - surplus energy. However if you transfer only 990 thousand, you will be in dept - your body will not be able to recover from the effort. In this way although your muscles may get stronger, your internal strength, internal potential, will decrease. This phenomena can be easily recognized by hearing one's voice - weak voice, neither loud nor clear, sometimes accompanied by coughing is the symptom of low energy level. Lower Basin method is most suitable for young, unmarried people. Otherwise you have to make the decision to become like a monk for three years...

(quote from http://www.chinafrominside.com/ma/bagua/machuanxu.html)

What do you guys think about it? Never had a bagua teacher who explicitly asked for celibacy.

Ma, on the other hand is a very skilled bagua person, no doubt about it.

• Like 1

Hi again...

Ok so, it's been a few days now and the energy is starting to build up a bit. Is transmuting the energy really as simple as visualising it moving from the groin area up to the dan tien? I'm not experienced with energy work so I want to make sure I get this right...Are there any dangers I should know about before experimenting further with this? I'm doing this with a view to channel the energy into more creative pursuits, as I've been spending a bit too much time just sitting around lately :rolleyes:

Thanks.

hi,

when you work with subtle energy, it is affected by the mind. So visualizing it will have an effect, and the stronger you visualize it, the more effect, but there is a force that most people refer to as intent that is more powerful than just "imagining" it with a visualization. There is no real way for me to precisely explain that force in a way that you will read it and go "oh thats it" and then be able to do it. I can only hope to point the way and inspire you to practice and grow the power of your own intent. Intent is a force from within that is sparked by the mind, but is beyond the mind. It is something from the belly, or from the energy body, which is like its prehensile aspect, or its ability to actually direct energy. Everyone can do this, nobody is without intent, but it is like a muscle that grows with exercise. Because intent is intangible and doesn't really lie in an area of the body it is hard to describe. I say the belly because that is where the feeling of being able to move energy starts for me, but i really hope other people chime in with their points of view because it is surely different for everyone in subtle ways! Anyway, the easiest i can say it is that there is mind, where the visualization lies, and then there is the energy body itself, which can direct energy, or direct itself, based on the direction of the mind. The interface between the mind and energy is intent. Its like realizing that there is part of you in between the grossness of your physicality and the subtlety of your mind that is able to act and do things in the subtle realm between the two. So when you visualize your energy moving up into the rest of you from your genitals, tap into this force of your own energy body and of intent, and FEEL the energy being pulled. Actually use your energy to move your energy. It sounds like bootstrapping, and it might actually be, but it happens, and you will know it by feeling when it does because it will feel like something is moving inside you, or like force has been directed in a way that you intended. I wish i had the power of language to describe it better, and i hope someone has an awesome way of helping you with words, but that is really all i can do for now to elucidate! If i think of a way to describe intent i will, but in short, its not Just visualizing, its ACTUALLY moving energy, but the mechanism of that movement IS energetic, so it starts with the mind, and then becomes more real, or dense, or gross as it becomes a matter of using your own energy.

As far as dangers, your body should take care of those on its own. When you hit your wall, you will A. become so frustrated you will just go rub one off cause you can't stand it. or B. have a wet dream. As you open the channels of your body slowly and gradually, your wall will get further away from the starting date. Just take it easy and be gentle with yourself. And as you open those channels, your sexual energy will be directed into the rest of your life; activities, creativity, etc. Mother Theresa when asked how she managed to do so much said "sexual energy"... it just happens, i don't think she knew qigong or any crazy techniques, although im not sure.

stick with it and be patient and nice to yourself is the most important thing :)

edit: also, turn your back on the world of advertising and popular culture. Don't watch stupid shit on tv. read books, good books. make it something that you are doing that pervades your whole life. Don't look at any porn. Just pull the plug on all that sexual tension in your life for a while and don't even feed fantasies or sexual thoughts about women (assuming you are a heterosexual man) just let them die. Change the mental subject when they arise. it can't be just about not jerking. It has to pervade your life.

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 5

So, about semen retention: what do you do that for?

abundant physical energy, creativity, a test of personal mastery, it forces open blocked channels, it transmutes to qi and shen, its good for the health of organs, it brightens the eyes, it helps have good thoughts

theres more but i have to leave the house right now :)

peace

Sounds good! How do you do that, if you're married? (I guess this question has been asked before)

Hi again...

Thanks.

I'd say at first, transmuting energy is as easy as turning around sexual energy and using that energy for anything. You know how people can't sleep when they have too much sexual energy? That's and example of the energy waiting to be used.

One way to help is just intention. Say you're sitting on the subway and a girl starts giving you subtle hints (just the beginning of the game, you know..). You might feel and energy rise in you that wants to be expressed to her, but you can imagine feeling that energy instead calmly circulating through your body like a water wheel up your back to your forehead and face, down and back etc. You have just increased your sexual energy and you could use that to run around the block or whatever you choose to do, stop taking afternoon naps, yoga, martial arts, push ups, or gourmet cooking... That is simple transmutation. With masterful instruction you might even learn to heal. Thing is that you now have more hormones in your body and they can make you feel much stronger physically, emotionally, mentally, sexually, ambitiously, creatively, compassionatively (no that's not a word..),etc.. Of course, "The spirit helps those who try to help themselves" so you have to do something to realize all the benefits.

• Like 1

Sounds good! How do you do that, if you're married? (I guess this question has been asked before)

i think talking about it with your wife would be the first step, or maybe reading about semen retention would be first so you have something to talk about beyond just theoretical "hey i read on the internet..." :) hopefully you will be able to benefit in health and wellness, and she will benefit from longer, and maybe even better, sex.

Daniel Reid wrote a book called The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity that i really really like. http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Health-Sex-Longevity-Practical/dp/067164811X/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top (used from $0.82) I highly recommend ordering a copy and reading it front to back!! There's also a lot of information on the interwebz about Karezza, or Coitus Reservatus. I don't personally like mantak chia's works on the subject, or the body of philosophy and practice commonly passed off as "tantra" today, but thats just me. Maybe you will learn a lot from those, so its only a caveat. Better you know by experience really, so maybe you should read that stuff!

i had to chuckle at the 2 one-star reviews of Daniel Reid's book by women whose boyfriends read it and stopped having sex with them for fear of losing essence! oops! that would make me grumpy too...

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 1

In the Kunlun system retention isn't as big an issue. I remember the two times it was brought up in seminars. The first Max said it's only an issue if you don't get transmission. And the second a young guy brought it up and everyone sort of laughed as they already knew having low energy wasn't a problem in the Kunlun system.

I experienced it when after meeting Max I couldn't sleep for several weeks. I didn't have a girlfriend at the time and would masterbate to try to bring down my energy level. Nope..didn't work :lol:

That said, perhaps it might be an issue. I find my sexual desire wanes in the winter and then goes up naturally in the spring and summer. So I basically try to follow nature and ejaculate less in the winter time.

Long term retention("100 days") would be useful if you need to build back your jing.

Edited by Cameron