StormHealer

Semen Retention: 100 Days and My Experiences

Good guide OldGreen :).

I'd also like to thank thelerner for his "Best of Tao Bums" topic in his journal, found some very relevant stuff from Dao Zhen there - awesome!

In regard to staying the course. My thoughts and experience are that if you can control your physical hunger and eating habits, sexual desires will be much much easier to 'conquer' or transmute.

Working on your eating habits should help with maintaining your focus. There are lots of things you can do, but I advise strong caution in any path you take. Don't be extreme. Build up slowly. I have paid the heavy consequences and reaped the great rewards of extremities. I don't recommend it though, unless it just happens to you as it did me (THIS IS A STRONG WARNING). Through my path I was able to go for over a year without ejaculating, although I did have nocturnal emissions occasionally. This happened to me before I knew anything about semen retention as a path of growth. I am really not sure what happened in my case. Unsure if I just repressed my sexual desire or channeled it appropriately. Either way, I developed an iron will for that time and still have remnants of it.

Here are my thoughts/recommendations:

Bring your food to your mouth, not your mouth to your food. Don't pile up your utensil - this will come if you bring your food to your mouth. Put your utensil down when you chew - enjoy your food. Stop eating when you're around 70% full - it takes about 10-15 minutes once you stop to feel where you are actually at. Eat slow. Eat without distractions in front of you. Don't eat everything on your plate - leave some over. Perhaps eat in your room on a chair or sitting on the floor. Eating around other people will make this practice much more difficult. Also, and obviously, don't eat and read. Eat in silence. Enjoy your experience and food.

I am sure there must be a guide somewhere on how to do this, but those were things that I did that helped. The only thing I didn't do for long was the eat until you are 70% full. I think that's the most difficult. Also enjoying my food. I was really concentrated on accomplishing the task at hand, so I honestly don't remember if I enjoyed my food. Perhaps this practice created a new definition of enjoyment for me.

Lol, congrats...make sure you don't turn into Thelma...all that heat and need and nowhere to put it. :lol:

• Like 2

I have paid the heavy consequences and reaped the great rewards of extremities. I don't recommend it though, unless it just happens to you as it did me (THIS IS A STRONG WARNING).

Would you care to elaborate...are there downsides to retention for longer periods of time?

I am sure every situation is unique. Every body and psyche is unique and will have their own reactions. There were times were I got scared because I thought I had 'killed' my sexual desire. It may have been that I was on my way to changing my desire to a more healthy 'form'. I am unsure about this.

The other thing that happened, which I thought was unrelated to the semen retention, was that some mind-body wiring got messed up. After about 6 months I started to eat excessively, to the point that it created painful health issues. I just didn't know/couldn't feel when to stop eating and also would feel anxiety pressure to eat. I couldn't feel when I was full or when I was actually hungry. I think this was more of a result from my eating experiments. Like all the pressure I had put in my will power was now shooting back the other way. There were likely a variety of contributing factors though.

Would you care to elaborate...are there downsides to retention for longer periods of time?

• Like 1

Interesting topic and one I'm greatly enthusiastic about.

In all honesty I think the longest I've gone is three weeks; I'm currently at three days. However I am married and have been in a relationship with my wife for nine years!

My question is how did you find sleeping patterns, did they fluctuate much or was there a certain number of hours sleep overnight enough considering an abundance of energy found etc.

Thanks.

Interesting topic and one I'm greatly enthusiastic about.

In all honesty I think the longest I've gone is three weeks; I'm currently at three days. However I am married and have been in a relationship with my wife for nine years!

My question is how did you find sleeping patterns, did they fluctuate much or was there a certain number of hours sleep overnight enough considering an abundance of energy found etc.

Thanks.

I did not notice any change in my sleep patterns. Though that doesn't mean you won't. Different people, different bodies.

thanks and congratulations!

its been since late january for me, which puts me at about day 45. Not bad, but i never get to 100 days. Did you notice anything happen in the latter half of that period which didn't happen in the beginning? I usually make it to about 50 or 60 days at most and then my girlfriend gets the better of me... not sure why it happens that way. I'm curious about the significance of 100 days if anyone can comment on that

thanks

because she can sense your life force and wanna suck it out of you.

I really like this post and seeing some of the benefits mentioned. It is like a carrot on a stick for me.

Like some of the other guys, I'm young and the longest I've made it is 6 days. I'm a persistent little bastard, nonetheless :lol: .

I have noticed some benefits even at the end of the first couple days.

...Like energetically I feel something going on.

Excuse me if this sounds totally ridiculous, but the one thing I read in thisbook (How to deepen your spiritual realization) is that you should not try to do it with willpower alone. Like you should place the desire into emptiness, so that you are not simply suppressing it. Which leads to wild crazy sex karma in future lives.

He also said you should fast from sexual thoughts during the 100 days, but he also stated that there is almost no one that is totally successful with that. :)

there is a totally successful method of fasting from sexual thoughts..

you have to mediate on death and dead human bodies.. bodies which have been autopsied so that the skin is slit open and the insides of the body and organs are showing.. those are the best objects of mediation to defeat lust..

The Blessed Buddha once said:

Bhikkhus & friends: If seeing a corpse thrown into the grave, which

is one, two, or three days dead, swollen, bloated, bluish-black, full

of filth; one should draw this conclusion regarding one's own body:

This body too has this nature, has this destiny, & cannot escape it!

If one should see a corpse thrown to the burial ground, gnawed and

partly eaten by crows, hawks, vultures, dogs or jackals, & creeping

with all kinds of worms & maggots; one should draw this conclusion

regarding own body: This body too has this nature, will also become

exactly like that, & cannot ever escape it! If one should see a chain

of bones, flesh hanging from it, splattered with blood, held together

by the sinews... or bones disconnected & scattered in all directions,

here a hand-bone, there a foot-bone; here the pelvis, the spine, the

skull.... or bones, now bleached, pale white & looking like sea-shells...

or black rotting bones finally crumbling into dust; One should think:

This body too has this nature, has this destiny, & cannot escape it!

Source: MN 10, DN 22

Which Object are suitable for who?

Swollen Corpse: Those who lust after beauty of form.

Discoloured Corpse: Those who lust after beauty of the skin and complexion.

Festering Corpse: Those who lust after a sweet-smelling body, using perfumes.

Fissured Corpse: Those who lust after the firmness and solidity of the body.

Mangled Corpse: Those who lust after fullness of the flesh, such as the breasts.

Dismembered Corpse: Those who lust after graceful movements of the body.

Cut & Dismembered Corpse: Those who lust after perfection of the joints of the body.

Blood-stained Corpse: Those who lust after beauty produced by adornments.

Worm-infested Corpse: Those who are attached to the idea that the body is "me" or "mine."

Skeleton: Those who lust after perfection of the teeth and nails.

when i meditate on dead bodies, i can feel literally the energies or demons of sexual desires/lust leaving my body.. no joke B)

Edited by tulku
  • Like 1

I'm currently on day 45. I have no intentions of going back to my old ways, I feel awesome. First 2 weeks had some serious testosterone running,crazy energy. It sort of went down and it's just meh now. My ex girlfriend seems to somehow sense all this and is trying to ruin me haha, she wants to get jiggy with it but I am not down. My facial hair is also growing back faster and thicker. I also feel like an alpha male hahahhaha. MIND OVER BODY!

oh and for all the young dudes, there's a sub-reddit for retention. It's called nofap. It's a community where a bunch of dudes/girls who want to practice retention go. You get a badge for everyday you don't "fap". It's pretty cool and might give some of you the motivation you need. CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.reddit.com/r/nofap

bro, i salute you for your progress

there are a lot of posters in here who advocate dual cultivation..

now i am not saying dual cultivation is totally wrong but to me.. if you have a woman in your life and you are trying to conserve your semen, then it would be like climbing a mountain with useless rocks in your backpack..

why do you think your ex-gf calls you now? cos she can sense your extra life energy and wanna suck it out of you.. not totally her fault as there are higher dimensional entities acting through her who want to steal your energies through her..

this is why most people who cultivate are ascetics .. they know better than to expose themselves to possible threats..

• Like 1

bro, i salute you for your progress

there are a lot of posters in here who advocate dual cultivation..

now i am not saying dual cultivation is totally wrong but to me.. if you have a woman in your life and you are trying to conserve your semen, then it would be like climbing a mountain with useless rocks in your backpack..

why do you think your ex-gf calls you now? cos she can sense your extra life energy and wanna suck it out of you.. not totally her fault as there are higher dimensional entities acting through her who want to steal your energies through her..

this is why most people who cultivate are ascetics .. they know better than to expose themselves to possible threats..

According to Taoist methodology the exchange of fluids and energy that occurs between men and women that occurs in balanced and wholesome sexual relations is very healthful for both partners.

IMO there are only 2 reasons why a person should choose celibacy over dual cultivation.

1. Said individual lacks the self-control and awareness necessary to practice Dual Cultivation

2. He or she doesn't want to become attached and tied in a relationship

Women are nothing to be scared off if you are personally empowered.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 2

According to Taoist methodology the exchange of fluids and energy that occurs between men and women that occurs in balanced and wholesome and sexual relations is very healthful for both partners.

IMO there are only 2 reasons why a person should choose celibacy over dual cultivation.

1. Said individual lacks the self-control and awareness necessary to practice Dual Cultivation

2. He or she doesn't want to become attached and tied in a relationship

Women are nothing to be scared off if you are personally empowered.

-My 2 cents, Peace

the exchange of fluids and energy between two individuals (m/f, m/m, f/f) is nothing more than the expression of desires.. if one wishes to reach enlightenment in order to leave this physical life, then you have to stay away from expressing or even thinking about your desires..

the devas and angels fell from the heaven and higher dimensions because of their foolishness in wanting to experience material desires.. if one wishes to attain buddhahood, then one must destroy all desires especially the desire for contact with members of the opposite sex ..

why are there ascetics in this world? because they have seen through the great illusion that is this world and they wish to leave this material world for a better higher dimensional world.. if one wishes to leave this material world for a higher, purer, spiritual existence, then why would one practice anything with anyone else, let alone a woman?

i never said women or men are something to be afraid of.. i merely said they are obstacles to one's enlightenment and spiritual path..

the ultimate goal of any spiritual path is to leave this material world to return to the spiritual world.. indulging in desires or even participating in dual cultivation will only prolong one's painful existence on this world..

if you dual cultivate with another person, you are only increasing your attachments and karma with the other person and that will cause you to be reborn again in this world..

do you want that? to be reborn again in this world?

• Like 1

imo that view is overly reductionist and rigid. that's akin to saying "well, you'd better not express any energy whatsoever, you need as much as possible for the breakthrough." which of course you might as well try carrying a bucket of water with your bare hands and no bucket if you're trying to hoard energy. hold on tight!

dual cultivation doesnt necessitate ejaculation.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

woah woah wtf is all this stuff your saying tulku ease up my brotha haha. Ex girl just wants sex, I don't want it because I have no feelings towards her and I'll just be banging a piece of meat. That's gross. Attachment also scares the shit out of me, bitches go pyscho when they get attached xD.

I've been reading some stuff lately about karezza, that shit sounds crazy. I tried explaining it to some of my friends and they would tell me "what's the point?" "you have to reach O or else it wont feel good" "you'

ll get blue balls". WTF man. I probably will never go back to my old ways of making love until I try this karezza, I need the right girl for it though no hoe :P

Tulku, I really don't think seeing women as possessed by evil entities who want to steal your life force is going to spur you to enlightenment, nor do I think that you will enhance your spiritual energy by meditating on corpses. This is just trading one negative for another (repulsion), and is not the Taoist way, though it may be used as "skillful" means in some Buddhist sects. This type of thing employs fear and lower frequencies which is not the aim of Taoist spiritual alchemy. The first goal of the 100 days, imo, is to help one get in the habit of raising oneself above these emotional dilemmas and transform latent energy into creative power that can be used to further oneself along the path of following Tao.

• Like 2

because she can sense your life force and wanna suck it out of you.

hahahha if you wait just a little while longer my brother will be along and hes a much bigger billy goat, you should let me pass!

Edited by anamatva

now i am not saying dual cultivation is totally wrong but to me.. if you have a woman in your life and you are trying to conserve your semen, then it would be like climbing a mountain with useless rocks in your backpack.

no actually its like climbing a mountain with the woman you love instead of climbing it alone.

• Like 2

the exchange of fluids and energy between two individuals (m/f, m/m, f/f) is nothing more than the expression of desires..

the exchange of fluids is jing, energy.

if one wishes to reach enlightenment in order to leave this physical life, then you have to stay away from expressing or even thinking about your desires..

enlightenment isn't about leaving this physical life. Name a single practitioner who became enlightened and immediately left the physical life. I have never heard of one.

You sound like an escapist.

the devas and angels fell from the heaven and higher dimensions because of their foolishness in wanting to experience material desires.. if one wishes to attain buddhahood, then one must destroy all desires especially the desire for contact with members of the opposite sex ..

actually to a buddha, it wouldn't really matter. I think it only matters to you because you're a prude.

why are there ascetics in this world? because they have seen through the great illusion that is this world and they wish to leave this material world for a better higher dimensional world.. if one wishes to leave this material world for a higher, purer, spiritual existence, then why would one practice anything with anyone else, let alone a woman?

i have a funny feeling that trying to explain love to you would be a waste of words. To me it speaks for itself. As i have said to you before, last time you started on a rampage of prudism, if everyone followed your advice, the human race would be extinct in one generation.

Love is natural, sex is natural, death is natural, the physical world is natural. The sooner one accepts these facts, the less obstacles they have to their progress. Your mind creates the problem and then freaks out on us trying to deal with it. There is no problem.

i never said women or men are something to be afraid of.. i merely said they are obstacles to one's enlightenment and spiritual path..

the obstacle is ignorance. Love is an immeasurable.

do you want that? to be reborn again in this world?

okay. To save sentient beings from suffering? because life is beautiful? to meet another loving person to dual cultivate with? because i don't feel that i am so special that i should live in the "spirit world" and not get my feet dirty with the dust of the nasty physical world? for 100 other reasons that i am not going to take the time to type?

you are an idealist, tulku, and i am a pragmatist. You are a radical, an extremist, and i follow the middle way. So naturally we disagree. But you are not a tulku, or i suspect you would realize that there is no one right way for everyone, that you can't make absolute statements about what we all should do and that all women are bad for progress and that sort of thing.

If you said "well the way i see it..." or "perhaps..." or "one way of looking at it is..." it would be a whole different story. But you come across like a catholic priest or an uptight mother, or someone who just has never experienced the beauty and wonder that is dual cultivation, and really has no right to try to sound like an authority regarding it. Maybe i won't be reborn into the 777th heaven of pure meditation because i actually generated karma, and maybe thats okay with me! Everyone's path is their own, and you sound like a broken record of self-righteous criticism whenever you pop up around here and start spewing your ummm philosophy. Please show some respect for the practices of others, even though they might differ from your own personal methodology. Thank you.

edit: tulku even though you are back from your break it seems you haven't grown up much. You still seem to have this sensationalist, incendiary, way of writing that just begs for attention. It seems very ego based. It strikes me as a form of what Chogyam Trungpa (who was an actual tulku btw) called spiritual materialism. Using spiritual concepts or ideas to feed the ego and satisfy the part of you that needs attention isn't what i feel like feeding into. So in that spirit, i appologize to the other users of TTB for sinking to take the bait that was offered. I will do my best not to engage mister tulku this time around. Blessings!

Edited by anamatva
  • Like 2

hahahha if you wait just a little while longer my brother will be along and hes a much bigger billy goat, you should let me pass!

:wub: wow, blast from the past bedtime story!

I was reading the book "Readings on the 6 Yogas of Naropa". I found this interesting excerpt in regards to tummo or The Inner Heat Yoga.

"When melting the bodhimind substances is accomplished on the basis of having dissolved energies into the central channel, then the drops can be retained at the tip of the jewel until the innate bliss is aroused.

The drops should not be allowed to be ejaculated. This retention will only be possible if the energy that causes ejaculation has been absorbed into the central channel."

According this passage being able to practice retention has something to do with bring the energies that cause arousal into the central channel?

Anyone know anything about this? Is this focusing onthe central channel akin to meditating on the Dan Tien?

Edited by OldGreen

How is Reddit's nofap used? I can't figure out how to post, only how to start my automatic badges. :ph34r:

How is Reddit's nofap used? I can't figure out how to post, only how to start my automatic badges. :ph34r:

The nofap started on a bodybuilding forum I'm a member of because the study claiming after 7 days of abstention Testosterone rises was made popular there. Its basically just not jerking off for as long as the challenge is.

The nofap started on a bodybuilding forum I'm a member of because the study claiming after 7 days of abstention Testosterone rises was made popular there. Its basically just not jerking off for as long as the challenge is.

Ah, so you don't post to the Reddit persey. Cool, well i'm giving it a shot, thanks mantis.