Protector

Meat eating thread

I'm not saying that this thread eats meat, that would be silly but cool.

I've been eating meat since it was invented but I still don't have much to talk about. People usually eat meat without thinking much about it. Meat is already a part of the most basic diet but lately it's the first thing to go when people try to be healthy. The biggest difference between meat eaters and vegans is that vegans give a damn about what they eat while most of meat eating population gets fatty. I'm not fatty since I don't like the fatty part of the meat, it's like chewing meaty gum to me and I don't like it. Because of meat's fattyness, the fatty part is blamed for health problems. You can still be healthy and eat meat but for that you need to have a good diet, exercise or just be as awesome as me.

Don't know what else to say, so pour yourself a cool glass of meat and let's talk about it.

• Like 1

I had to put meat back on the menu after a failed attempt at vegetarianism. I like to think the animals and i have an agreement. Try not to eat too many of the ones pumped through with hormones or that have lived confined lives. Not as easy as it sounds. Even the organic label can get bullshitted it seems.

I had to put meat back on the menu after a failed attempt at vegetarianism. I like to think the animals and i have an agreement. Try not to eat too many of the ones pumped through with hormones or that have lived confined lives. Not as easy as it sounds. Even the organic label can get bullshitted it seems.

Good point about organic label as well as the fact that it is tough to find clean meat.

I personally don't like meat much except for fish and venison. But the fish is difficult to come by so I end up eating venison or rarely buffalo, which is much leaner than beef and has higher omega 3 content. I am one of those that has done vegetarian and like eating that way but find that without eating some meat I don't do as well.

Have you tried finding farms that sell direct to the public? You may luck up on some much better pasture raised products that the farmer will take direct to butcher.

• Like 1

Hey a :) -- the petition doesn't sound like a bad idea. But tell me, who do you propose they feed it to instead? :unsure: It's bound to go SOMEwhere...

i don't really recommend anyone eat that stuff. Maybe its just for the garbage. i dunno.

If there is a good use for it, i don't know it.

After I dropped back into meat eating, I only ate fish for about three or four years. One day I had fried chicken and I decided I was going to eat chicken as well, so for another two or three years I only ate chicken and fish, then I found out fish has a lot of mercury in it, so I cut back on fish and stuck to chicken. I had a pork chop one day and decided I would eat pork. A year or so later I was out and about and the only thing available were hot dogs and hamburgers, so I ate a hamburger and hot dog and decided I would eat hamburgers and hot dogs.

Now I eat everything available, but 90% of the time I will only eat chicken and Ramen noodles. I actually eat ramen noodles for nearly every lunch I have. They say the sodium is bad, but I'm as healthy today as I was when I was thirty.

This is the skinny though, you can eat WHATEVER you want, so long as you don't overeat. Eat small portions, healthy snacks, and you don't have to worry about your health. If you can't do that, then suffer with diets until you learn to.

I'm always a bit perplexed with people who think we ought to be vegetarians, simply because nature has set us up to eat meat. Look at those pointy teeth in the front of your mouth, what do you think they're for? Definitely not for chewing veggies, that's what the back teeth are for.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Garbage is an interesting idea. Landfill or compost? Meat requires special composting. Will the manufacturers make money if it goes in the garbage? :huh: In the end, the corporation(s) that created the pink slime are likely to want to be reimbursed for their efforts. They'll sell the pink slime to someplace. And then another group of unsuspecting folks will eat it.

Sell it to the zoos

or make a donation to the AVA - American Vulture Society

So, poison some other creatures? :wacko:

Some animals already eat sawdust, rubbish from tanneries, etc. :(

mdonalds, taco bell (TACO BELL!), and burger king rejected it. I really am not sure theres a good use for it. Too bad if they lose money, they are profiteering gluttons to even try to sell pink slime in the first place.

Stop thinking so linear

It is food, but it can be used as literal fuel

yeah there are probably ten uses for it that would make the world a better place!

i just don't know any of them.

i wasn't implying that there weren't any tho... i think in squiggly lines and doodles

Dedicated to the rest of us:

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/pink_slime/

sign this petition and ask the USDA to stop feeding ammoniated pink slime "meat" to kids.

Oh common the Supernatural Series made those Leviathans made those burgers with ooze,

turning them to Leviathans slowly or so,how interesting on what the idea is based ...

you are what you eat.

Oh common the Supernatural Series made those Leviathans made those burgers with ooze,

turning them to Leviathans slowly or so,how interesting on what the idea is based ...

you are what you eat.

Friend i have no freaking clue what you just said but it sounded awesome when i read it

sounds like an H.P. Lovecraft barbeque or something!

yes you are what you eat!