Sign in to follow this  
greenchild

Practices for downward flow

Can anyone recommend specific practices for cultivating the downward flow of qi, and particularly nourishing the water and metal elements? This is asked in consideration of past "dead jing" damage from excessive kundalini type manifestations. Perhaps there is an expert you could recommend for help in this area? Would love the feedback of anyone who's familiar with it! :)

P.S. Posted this in "Taoist Discussion" originally. Sorry for the repeat posting, just getting reacquainted with the architecture here ;)

Walk.

That is always a good practice, thanks. But I'm interested in learning about approaches that are more potent and specially geared towards internals in the vein of the original question.

The Water Method by BK frantzis and CFQ Qigong by Yap Soon Yeong are both downward flow practises

The Water Method by BK frantzis

Specifically consult these books:

1) Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body

2) Relaxing Into Your Being

3) The Great Stillness

In about that order.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I started a similiar thread a while back, downward flow of energy. Many good folks including sloppy zhang and others gave great advice about BK frantzis. It opened up a whole new world for me.

I find Mantak Chia's old classic a gem. He also talks about kundalini damage and how to undo it with a reverse orbit. run the orbit down the back to feet and then cool flow via the front channel.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2672168/Mantak-Chia-Awaken-Healing-Energy-through-the-Tao

I have a method you could try -

Practice a basic standing posture you are comfortable with.

Turn your attention inward.

Follow the breath for a while.

Then begin extending downward and connecting with Mother Earth.

Stay there for a while.

Next extend deeper into Earth beyond the surface.

Open up fully.

As your sensitivity increases there are lots of places you can take it -

- can you connect to a magnetic awareness?

- directional?

- inertial?

If you open up at the bai wei region the downward flow can take on a different character and intensity.

Another simple exercise -

Stand comfortably

Bring the palms overhead and focus them on bai wei

Establish that connection

Slow scan downward, washing over the body

Down into the earth.

Repeat this a few times, coordinating with breath.

Then you can do a similar scan internally.

Enjoy

• Like 2

Thank you all for the suggestions.

If you open up at the bai wei region the downward flow can take on a different character and intensity.

Hey Steve, the term bai wei isn't registering with me for some reason. Can you remind me what it refers to?

Edited by greenchild

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Hey Steve, the term bai wei isn't registering with me for some reason. Can you remind me what it refers to?

Oops- bad spelling, it should be bai hui.

It's the crown point.

Here is a diagram of it's location -

Bai_Hui_Pressure_Point_2.gif

Generally I recommend that you feel the top of each ear, then draw a line upward and where those lines intersect with the midline at the top of your skull is the location of this point.

Sign in to follow this