Whirlwind

Use of Unrefined Qi in Healing

In Taoist alchemy, Qi (Jing Qi) must be refined in order for it to be of use for higher level self-healing.

This refinement happens in the lower Dantian, where (from my experience) it seems to steam upwards from the dantian after it is refined, expanding upward to fill every nook and cranny.

I also have come across forms which are mean to take in external Qi in larger quantities than usual, directly from the ambiant environment.

However it feels as though the quality of this Qi is more "raw" and brought me to wonder, is this Qi useable in that state, or must it also be refined before it becomes "useful" energy.

I suppose the same question could be applied to Qi healing for others. If external Qi (from the ambient environment) is directed towards the patient, is it directly useable? Or must it be refined by the patient's Dantian before is is of any use to them?

From my readings about medical Qigong, with regards to healing others, the outer energy will be transformed by the healers dantian, therefore it will be immediately useful for the patient.

From my readings about medical Qigong, with regards to healing others, the outer energy will be transformed by the healers dantian, therefore it will be immediately useful for the patient.

Thanks Ish. I guess this would imply that the healer is a channel for the Qi going into the patient.

I guess what I meant was for instances where the healer is not channelling into the patient, but rather setting up conditions for the ambient energy to be taken in by the patient.

Since when do we start having dirty Chi that needs to be refined....???

Its not about dirty.

Its about raw and processed.

Its not about dirty.

Its about raw and processed.

IF CHI IS ANYTHING LIKE FOOD......

Raw chi is better :D

Think of it this way: Nature knows best, every altercation on the natural way of things brings imbalance and often sickness.

HOWEVER, in the case of healing, i think it goes both ways. If you are healing someone else, i think refining the chi is perhaps of utmost necessity before you transmit it.

But if you are only using it for yourself, the raw form might just be of more benefit.

My two pennies are pretty tarnished, but they're still two cents :D

uhh do you pronounce CHI like in 'sky' or like in 'cheech'? please do tell^^

chee

• Like 1

Since when do we start having dirty Chi that needs to be refined....???

There is a reason that Qigong has taught three principles:

1. Purge

2. Tonify

3. Regulate

What do you think is being purged?

We get crap in our lungs... and heavy metals in our blood... but you think nothing can get impure into the Body in regards to Qi?

It is often called Turbid Qi. If you ever do energy work on a sick person or someone with a serious problem or cancer... you will understand.

There is a reason that Qigong has taught three principles:

1. Purge

2. Tonify

3. Regulate

What do you think is being purged?

We get crap in our lungs... and heavy metals in our blood... but you think nothing can get impure into the Body in regards to Qi?

It is often called Turbid Qi. If you ever do energy work on a sick person or someone with a serious problem or cancer... you will understand.

"If you ever do energy work on a sick person or someone with a serious problem or cancer... you will understand."

Man oh man what a true statement. One can see the sick qi leaving the body. It is actually horrid to see.

Brief Case Report:

Treated a 24 year old female patient today:

Presented with Migraine Headache, Nausea, and vomiting. Was in bad enough shape she was needing to leave work early and go home sick. Fortunately for her, she worked within 1 block of my studio and I offered to meet her at the studio and treat.

Approach: I mmediately upon meeting with the patient I decided to treat wih Taoist Neuo-energetic Medicine (as taught by Michael Lomax). However, before I started I decided to use Qi projection to help calm the Nausea and hopefully avoid any vomiting. I projected Qi for approx 5 minutes and then pulled sick Qi from the abdomen then projected Qi again -- at this time clouds of sick qi puffed out of the abdomen and with one big whoosh most of it was gone. I asked the patient to tell me how she was feeling and she reported that most if not all the sensation of nausea was gone.

Next, I treated with the Taoist Medicine -- as I treated, sick Qi began running out the patients feet and continued to escape in puffs of black qi as the treatment progressed. At several intervals, I stopped and projected Qi and pulled sick Qi again from various spots that bubbled with the nasty qi. The entire treatment took approx 1 and 1/2 hours with me finishing with using a "High Level" technique (this technique is taught by Michael at that point when they are ready to receive it - approx 2 - 3 years into study).

Response: Patient reported that she no longer had any nausea and the headache had completely subsided. She did report though that she was groggy - I finished then with Qi projection to Baihue to help clear this grogginess. She the said she felt she could think more clearly but felt the need to go home and sleep. She reported later that she slept for 2 hours and woke up refreshed and with no residual headache or nausea.

Discussion: This treatment works very effectively for a wide variety of ailments and I have seen particular success in treating individuals that suffer from Migraine headaches. This treatment not only interrupts the Migraine but I have found it also helps to prevent them and have many that were previously suffereing from up to daily Migraines that reported that the then had several months interval between headaches. This can be life changing for those that suffere from these. Of particular interest is that whenever I do the Taoist treatment - most patients will continue to have sick Qi run off their body throughout the treatment. The patient today commented that she could feel something running out the bottom of both of her feet, she just didn't know what it was. On one occassion while treating another patient she had very little sick qi running out until we were almost finished when her entire body lifted up, contorted, then snapped much like a bull whip and all of the sick Qi blew out at once in an ugly black cloud. I have learned to always SHIELD before beginning a treatment as I want no part of the sick qi.

Thanks for reading.

Brion aka Kempomaster

• Like 4