Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Sleep

I seem to be sleeping sometimes 12 hours. I also practice a lot of meditation. But then people say they only need 4 hours and advanced mediatators only needing the same has me wondering.

Edited by jconnar

Sometimes I've also slept 12 hours+. I try not to think of the numbers like a "goal" to be "achieved" It's more like "When you're tired, go and lie down"

However my partner currently needs a lot of sleep, and she finds it annoying that she often feels so tired. She was a shift worker for several years and I feel it will take her a while to recover from that. But it's often worthwhile getting the opinion of your healer/TCM/health professional in case there is an underlying health issue.

• Like 1

I seem to be sleeping sometimes 12 hours. I also practice a lot of meditation. But then people say they only need 4 hours and advanced mediatators only needing the same has me wondering.

Depend on what has happend. Even there is 24 hours,7 days and 365 day count it do not match the Rhytm of nature. A half hour earlier sleep when watch on the clock can make a difference but on other day is again not good. The Sun is go down and up at different time even slightly changes of something big like sun is big changes for the small bodied human being. You have seasons, weather, the food is also not daily the same.

And same food has a different quality. Then people are born with different unlocked potential. Some are stronger, bigger, short, high, weight.

And especiall when you do something spirtual your sleep became a mess days 2 hours are enough other 20 are not enough (that are my extremes) 4-5 would be normal.

When there is a change in the energetic system the system goes maintainace and one need more sleep. And there are times where you react weak and strong which make your sleep is difference. Earlier sleep is a thing that one has "the chance" to sleep until one "do not want" to sleep anymore "before you have buisness".

Life has become commanded by the alam clock and a shedule.

It would be wise to sleep and eat while watching the enviroment and oneself interact with the surrounding. One looks what is when needed. The Wise man consider humans are living beings and not just simple mechanical beings where one use integral numbers

for calculation with the head alone to get the easy solution but doing on living things are would use PI and other endless numbers to calculate with in the head with a standard head and not of a exceptional. Wise man act arcording to the situation and Sun Tsu told that "planning too long and making the plans, the enemies are already at the front doors" = too late.

• Like 1

I noticed the exact same thing. When I would meditate or practice tai chi I was able to wake up easier/earlier without a fuss from my body. Sometimes when I would wake up earlier I noticed that I felt different but in a good way.

That stopped happening for me though. I guess it could have to do with how I trained myself.

When I wake up at 3-4 in the morning I feel awake, I think it's because that's the time of rem sleep. If you wake up at that time and don't think about what time you have to be up by etc (the thinking mind) you will be fine and 3 ~ 4 hours seems to suffice :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this