Sign in to follow this  
Protector

Gintama

Ah yes, welcome to another installment of 'threads dedicated to'. This nonspecific moment in time we talk about Gintama. I discovered magical wonders of Gintama many years ago, and since then I kept forgetting about it because One Piece is awesome. And even if One Piece really is awesome, I don't want to forget Gintama which I keep in a special locker somewhere in my heart. What was the damn combination again?

Gintama is a silly manga and anime that is full of action and a unique sense of humor. The story takes place in a parallel universe where instead of westerners coming to Japan, aliens came and forced japan to trade with them without any of that closing off from the world stuff. Because of the aliens the world changed in ways that make it look like our world with TV, Internet, video games, and all the modern stuff to make jokes about. The main character of the story is Gintoki Sakata who used to be a samurai before the world changed so dramatically. His actions are unpredictable and you can almost never guess what's going on in his head, but he is good natured and follows his own bushido. I see him as wise and while he is in a way a little weird, he seems like a taoist to me.

The set up for story arcs seems very weird and comical at first but by the time it end, you kinda learn something... or the author wants to seem smart or something but he just cracks puns... wait...

ANYWAY

It's real great and you should check it out.

0095.jpg

Wait

I heard they existed but I completely forgot about that too

And now that I made this thread and double checked

There are so many new episodes of Gintama since it ended

Jooooooooooooooooy :wub:

I watched some new episodes and I think this thread needs more energy

ahhhhhhhhhh

ummmmmmmm

well, just so you know, I was on standby with extra energy and the Santa episode

OK, I figured out how to make more sense out of it for you guys

Gintama is better then My Little Pony

Man, that new arc was exactly what I expected from Gintama, I even cried a little

MANLY TEARS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gintama is better then My Little Pony

I don't always watch cartoons for little girls

I also watch and read

gantz-gantz-8833286-1024-768.jpg

Edited by Mal Stainkey

Sign in to follow this