Zany Heron

Law of energy response

Hello there!

I've meditated on the "law of energy response".

What do you think: it is like the so-called "law of attraction"? Maybe it came from the taoist idea.

What do you know about it?

I'm hesitating, that maybe someone can "use" this law to control his life - but is this the taoist Way? Well... I don't know.

Because Nature has her laws. I mean: we're trying to live our life in accordance with the Tao, learning peace and compassion... but to attract things to our life. Well, well...

Is that right? I thought the taoist way is passive (I mean: yin).

And first of all: is that possible? To control our life with our mind?

Of course, they say "law of energy response" is not like "law of attraction". Not so direct.

Too many questions... :closedeyes:

Yep. Too many questions.

So I looked for a definition of "Law of energy response" and found none. I apparently have more to learn. Anyone care to share their knowledge with me?

This has puzzled me too. To completely surrender to 'what is', but then want something else that is not here now. But that thing that is wanted, is it coming from past conditioning of the mind. And if it is entertained and chased after, is the being being led back to bondage?

IME and IMO the energies we are putting out into the world consciously or unconsciously be it thoughts, actions, emotions or any kind of energy work are not only shaping the world around us but also bringing different experiences into our lives.

In theory, you can create your life consciously and in proportion to the degree of control you have over your own energies. The more you cultivate the more personal power you develop.

IME it is much easier to create one's life in accordance with one's own deeper wisdom. If you try to create with the ego it can be an uphill battle.

I feel the idea that Taoism emphasizes only passivity is a misconception. Taoism emphasizes doing what is natural and letting oneself act spontaneously according the situation and the dictates of the higher self. Intuitive action can be both active and passive...there is a time for both.

-My 2 cents, Peace

ahhhhhhh wrote a while lecture to myself here about why Taoism is not simple and grrrrrrr I guess I'm not angry anymore

This is a question that you can answer yourself and if someone else tries to, it will bring out the worse in them

Have fun and hi again

IME and IMO the energies we are putting out into the world consciously or unconsciously be it thoughts, actions, emotions or any kind of energy work are not only shaping the world around us but also bringing different experiences into our lives.

In theory, you can create your life consciously and in proportion to the degree of control you have over your own energies. The more you cultivate the more personal power you develop.

IME it is much easier to create one's life in accordance with one's own deeper wisdom. If you try to create with the ego it can be an uphill battle.

I feel the idea that Taoism emphasizes only passivity is a misconception. Taoism emphasizes doing what is natural and letting oneself act spontaneously according the situation and the dictates of the higher self. Intuitive action can be both active and passive...there is a time for both.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Hmm, interesting. :) Thank you!

Taoism emphasizes doing what is natural and letting oneself act spontaneously according the situation and the dictates of the higher self. Intuitive action can be both active and passive...there is a time for both.

+++

2011-04-04.gif

You can't just use your 6 senses and think that you understand the world

It's so big and different that one person can't see all of it

But I think together with every person in the world connected it becomes clear

Everyone is running around and doing their own thing, you can't stop that

But there is one thing that you can take control of and change everything

YOURSEEEEEEEEEEEELF dun dun dun

I'll go sleep or something

• Like 1

We are now at an interesting point in this thread.

The question is: How much control do we have in our own life?

I know that there are many who would say that we have little or no control whatever. Chuang Tzu even suggested once that we have no control, even of our own life.

But me, well, I am a believer in free will and the power to will. That is, I believe that we can change our own world - we can, if we are willing to pay the price, make great changes in our own life.

And I believe it to be true that the changes we make with our Self will effect others around us. So yes, if we wnat to change the world we must first make sure we are what we would want the world to be. And yes, we would have to grant all others the same amount of freedom we grant ourself.

This thread is about the same thing as the intuition thread

Pretty close. But then, I just posted to that thread too.

Please, explain this! I'm very curious.

The world is what it is; vanity to think we create it. 2 people move to the same small town. One expects that people will be friendly and helpful, and that there will be lots of fun things to do. The other thinks the people will be uncaring and self absorbed and that it will be a really boring place. But that's sort of banal, since this is the Taoist section. Let's make a third person, who doesn't really have expectations, but goes on to experience and explore their new home without preconceptions.

• Like 1

Here is my two cents on this subject ...

In its most basic form, the entire observable universe consists of pure information (consciousness) and pure energy. The information tells the energy how to be oragnized.

Every possible configuration of the universe co-exists in what Michael Talbot (The Holographic Universe) refers to as the implicate order. You can imagine it being a huge database of possible now moments that is infinite in size and scope. Anything you can possibly imagine already exists in the implicate order. You just have to perceive it.

This is where the human mind comes in. The mind is the mechanism by which we filter the implicate order to create a particular now moment. That is to say that the mind filters the implicate order down to a particular now moment that we perceive as reality. Then it shifts the filters a bit to create the next now moment.

I find that a good analogy for this is a video game. In its most basic form the game consists of pure information (ones and zeroes). When we are playing the game we see that information filtered to present a now moment experience of the game. Nothing can happen in the game that was not programmed in before you ever turned it on. However, you create your own game experience by how you choose to move through the game.

We are the creators of our own world because we are the creators of our own filters. There are infinite possibilities, but we can only perceive those realities that can be displayed with the filters of our beliefs (both conscious and unconscious).

This resolves the paradox of how each person can be the creators of their own world even though we share this human experience. It is no different than how two different people can play the same MMORPG game from their own unique perspective. The energy itself, and the information on how to organize it, is not created by any of us. It already existed. All we are doing is perceiving it through aparticular set of filters.

Your filters might allow you to do things that other believe is not possible. The implicate order contains the information for any possible movement or configuration of energy. It is only your beliefs about what is possible that prevent you from accessing those fantastical realities. Here again, the MMORPG analogy works well. In a game you can level up and gain access to new abilities that other players do not have. They are possible for anyone, but not everyone will have them.

My understanding of the law of attraction is that you can change your reality by changing the way that you use your own mind. In other words, you consciously change your own filters in order to experience a different reality. This would be like accessing your own player profile in a game and removing some of the limitations.

IMO, all spiritual practice is about reprogramming yourself to remove limiting beliefs that prevent you from experiencing more joyful realities.

No matter what, you are creating your own filters and thus your own life, the trick is to do more of this "creation" ina conscious way.

Hello there!

What do you think: it is like the so-called "law of attraction"? Maybe it came from the taoist idea.

I'm hesitating, that maybe someone can "use" this law to control his life - but is this the taoist Way? Well... I don't know.

Because Nature has her laws. I mean: we're trying to live our life in accordance with the Tao, learning peace and compassion... but to attract things to our life. Well, well...

Of course, they say "law of energy response" is not like "law of attraction". Not so direct.

:D MIND OVER MATTER! :lol: WHAT.

:closedeyes: okay, so i will be a little, or a lot, more concise.

Energy responds to the mind and it's subtle intent, a discussion that had cropped up a couple weeks back. when you intend to move your arm, energy complies and allows your arm to be moved by your will. However, this is a most simple example and has some certain elements involved that gaurentee success, needing onyl exercise to improve percision.

In more abstract areas, like making a mate want you or become available for example, a tremendous amplitude of thought and meditation and concentration and consideration msut go into it for any viable or even measurable results to occour. Practice is a big issue, much like exercising that arm. However since it is not immediately connected to us, it requires tremendous practice to initially make that connection, a great deal of energy must be utilized, through intent, before it can be exercised, also through intent.

Like building a log house, one log isnt enough, you must cut down at least 16 trees and stack those logs, one log at a time. each log is an example, an interval, of intent.

yeah almost exactly like that! :D If you dont mind, it doesnt matter...

Like dude, i dont mind if you attack me or try to mug me, it doesnt matter, i'll curbstomp ya :lol: or whatever, i dont mind you mugging someone else :lol:

Nah, im jsut kind of raving here.... <.<

:lol:

didn't really mean that passive. You still always want things like finding a mate or not getting mugged. But maybe you don't try to make your own reality by using force of will to make a specific potential mate be attracted to you, you're open to people you do find attractive if it's mutual and you're being genuine that's fabulous, if not move on easily. Then you shift your path as seems appropriate. When you go on vacation- you want to have ideas of what you want to see and do and some destination, but maybe more enjoyable to go ahead and get sidetracked by whatever ends up catching your interest and take in some impromptu roadside attractions, rather than sticking to fixed schedules and agendas no matter what.

Hello there!

Good question Zany Heron (love your avatar pic), all I can say is that when I am doing my tai chi and meditating regularly life is so much easier and simpler. When decisions come up it seems like they resolve themselves, I kid you not, its sweet, but then I get lazy and sh_t starts to happen again :blink:

Here is my theory, we live in a multiverse, and past and future are equally as real as the present moment you now experience, all potential pasts and futures are also equally as real.

Out there your idea of a perfect future truly exists, and if by some miracle you could perform all the correct actions at all the correct times, you could navigate to a future where that dream manifests.

Really we are all doing this right now via our thoughts and our actions anyway it's just we are third eye blind and so we are stumbling in the dark, we don't see the consequences of our actions before we perform them, and we are flowing down the stream of life so we can't swim back and redo things.

The more you awaken the more you can begin to feel which actions you should take, and which you should not to navigate to your ideal future, some call it intuition.

Hello there!

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1