Tatsumaru

How much Rei-Shi ?

Hello,

I grow my own Rei-Shi mushrooms.

img06y.jpg

I wanted to ask if any of you know how much should I consume on a daily basis to experience the optimal benefits out of them.

Cheers.

P.S.

NOW's Rei-Shi Mushrooms supplement say one serving contains: Reishi Mushroom Extract Powder (10:1)(Ganoderma lucidum) 90 mg and that one is supposed to take this twice daily. But this is extract, so I need to compare it to the real thing.

Edited by Tatsumaru
  • Like 1

If it's prepared correctly, a small amount is enough to derive serious benefit. The key is, preparing it correctly.

You will not get good results from it if you just powder up the ones you're growing. Really they need to be extracted in two different ways to open up the medicine. Here's the method i use for the ones i wild harvest:

* Decoct (boil) 1/2 - 1 whole mushroom, particularly the spores and antler portion. You want to boil them for hours, with good pure water in a glass or ceramic pot ideally, until you have a very dark and bitter extract.

* Tincture the same amount in good, strong alcohol (vodka, 151 rum, Everclear, grain..) Let it sit for a few weeks or longer.

* Combine the two and you get the full complex of polysaccharides from heat extraction, and triterpenes from the tincture. Just make sure your final mixture is 30-50% or more alcohol and it will stay good for years. A dropper full 2-3 times a day is amazing, and is even better if you combine with other shrooms like cordyceps, maittake, lions mane, chaga, etc.

You can reuse the mushrooms several times or even tincture after boiling or vice versa, so don't just pitch them when you've used them once.

Give thanks and have fun :)

-jd

Hello,

I grow my own Rei-Shi mushrooms.

img06y.jpg

I wanted to ask if any of you know how much should I consume on a daily basis to experience the optimal benefits out of them.

Cheers.

P.S.

NOW's Rei-Shi Mushrooms supplement say one serving contains: Reishi Mushroom Extract Powder (10:1)(Ganoderma lucidum) 90 mg and that one is supposed to take this twice daily. But this is extract, so I need to compare it to the real thing.

• Like 1

very good answer thank you. I think I'll just eat the mushroom after I'm done with the process.

can you please provide some info on what you personally feel improving in yourself after you take rei-shi, both physically and energetically ?

Personally i find good medicinal Reishi's to be a bit tough for eating, but the tips of the younger ones are tasty. Normally i'll just cook mine 4-5 times until the bitterness disappears then i compost them.

Cutting them up well and freezing them prior to preparing the extract helps immensely, as it increases the exposed surface area and ruptures the cell walls. i will often tincture a whole Reishi along with cut pieces, as it seems to preserve the original energy and produces stronger medicine.

As for what i experience from ingesting.. i mostly work with Songhan Lingzhi (Tsugae/Hemlock Reishi), as that is what grows most abundantly where i live, but the effect is very similar. The most immediate effect is a profound centeredness and calm that last for several days after ingesting the decoction. Secondary effects i've noticed include faster healing of injuries, deeper and more efficient breathing, complete disappearance of allergies i used to have, greater mental clarity, and what feels like an unassailable immune system.

By far the best effect i've seen from Reishi is in combination with Turkey Tail, Chaga, Maittake, and Ice Man Polypore, prepared as a double extract like i mentioned. Pure magic for immune disorders and desolving tumors.

Just curious - what are you using for a grow medium?

very good answer thank you. I think I'll just eat the mushroom after I'm done with the process.

can you please provide some info on what you personally feel improving in yourself after you take rei-shi, both physically and energetically ?

Just curious - what are you using for a grow medium?

Brown Rice, Rye, Vermiculite and Mineral Water

What you say sounds great, I'm boiling as I type this.

I'll soon add Maitake, Shiitake and Lion's Mane to my collection.

Edited by Tatsumaru
  • Like 1

i have just bought some reishi powder ,

can anyone tell me the best way to use it ,

will putting it in tea work ,

or will i have to boil it for a while ?

cheers

If it's an extract powder, just take it straight up. Otherwise your best bet is to follow the same process i typed out above.

i have just bought some reishi powder ,

can anyone tell me the best way to use it ,

will putting it in tea work ,

or will i have to boil it for a while ?

cheers

many thanks for the reply

this is the description of what i purchased

Our Reishi Mushroom Powder is comprised of the entire mushroom, dried at low temperatures, and then ground into a fine powder. It is a rich, brown color with a light, earthy fragrance and a bitter taste. Concentrated and ready to add to your culinary preperations.

Haha good job! Did you use pf-tek?

The triterpenoids (i think) require alcohol such as ethanol to extract from the cells dense wall. The polysaccharides should come out in boiling water.

"A brownish crude polysaccharide fraction, named PL (yield: 3.8% from the crude material),

was obtained from the dried fruit bodies of G. lucidum by hot water extraction. .."

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031942201004502

IE: Make it into a tea, otherwise you may just poop it back out.

Edited by Informer

Oh my! Those are gorgeous! Much prettier than the p. cubensis I've been growing all these years. Hehehhe.

I take Reishi in pill form but after seeing those pics I'm seriously considering growing my own now!

P.S.

Get some more data from other sources to determine exact suggestions? I wouldn't always go by someones claim on how much to use when he will then have a say in how much they sell you.

the 10:1 mean that you take the weight of the extract x 10 to get the real data. So if you have 1 gram of extract you need 10 grams of Ganoderma lucidum to have a balanced equation. (IE: 900mg)

But that's just the claim of their product and suggestion. ( I have found suggested use to be lower for me than is generally recommended on the bottle, possibly because they stand to make more money the faster you consume the product.)

Edited by Informer