Green Tiger

Guilelessness

Hey,

I use an online I-ching every morning for fun. Usually, the readings seem relevant and often insightful and, no matter what the I-ching tells you, it never seems like bad advice.

Anyway, today I cast hexagram 25 - Innocence (or, in the version I'm using, they call it "Remaining Blameless")

Hex 25 basically says that you should get out of the way and let nature take its course. In fact, it recommends you discard your motives altogether, because they are getting in your way. I've read it several times, but this time something clicked for me. I think it had something to do with the changing lines. The changing lines I got today read:

Plow your field for a field well-plowed, not for possible harvests.

Clear the wasteland for land well-cleared, not for potential rich fields.

Such guileless enterprise can't help but succeed.

I really like that image and the message it conveys. Do something well, for the sake of doing it well. Have no other motivations. . . Man, that's hard!

Guile = wile - deceit - ruse - craftiness - trick - deception

So the sage lacks guile and the worldly will interpret this as 'naive', in fact it is innocence. Innocence doesnt mean ignorance, it is a choice, an outcome of cultivating teh.

Nice reminder, GreenTiger.

Why does the wolf, steeped in guile, try to ensnare little red riding hood whilst she is living her teh?

That is so well put.

And true of almsot anything.

I play videogames, have lots of fun, win a lot. In the event that i play to win, my skill declines, which is ironic, because i have more fun losing, but cant enjoy it if i am trying to win! WHAT.

Why does the wolf, steeped in guile, try to ensnare little red riding hood whilst she is living her teh?

All the better to fool you with, my dear.

• Like 1

Guile = wile - deceit - ruse - craftiness - trick - deception

So the sage lacks guile and the worldly will interpret this as 'naive', in fact it is innocence. Innocence doesnt mean ignorance, it is a choice, an outcome of cultivating teh.

Nice reminder, GreenTiger.

To teach innocents about the dangers of their state and to introduce them to the psychopaths in their midst.

I play videogames, have lots of fun, win a lot. In the event that i play to win, my skill declines, which is ironic, because i have more fun losing, but cant enjoy it if i am trying to win! WHAT.

This is THE big trend in certain popular online games, you know? To use Christian metaphors, they are trying to convince people to do the devil's work. They are all about the result, conditioning people to care only for the outcome, because the developers are doing the same and designing the game according to that, and that will make players suck at the game, and thus the game has to adapt to that, to become easier, and people will eventually suck even more at the game, and so it shows the unsustainability of going in the wrong direction. It's like a heroin addict craving for more and more, while heroin destroys him.

The story continues to fascinate. I wonder why the wolf has become heavily sexualised in our time?

Add vampires, aliens and a few other things:-)

Why "sexualize" what were once considered predators or threats?

Nosferatu becomes the Twilight kid via the Lost Boys.

I don't know the answer BTW but the combination is pretty sick (not "sick" as in "awesome")

The story continues to fascinate. I wonder why the wolf has become heavily sexualised in our time?

I think it has to do with the legends of werewolfs too.

In some parts of Eastern Europe and Balkans there is still belief in those creatures today. Especially in certain villages where some incidents have supposed to have occured people wouldnt go to certain places at certain times and literally live in fear of vampires etc.

edited - for going way off topic

Edited by suninmyeyes