Sign in to follow this  
sifusufi

South China Sea

The dream was shocking, why would GB and the US go to war against each other?

But there it was playing out in real time in the South China Sea of all places.

As a warrior culture, the creme de la creme badge carries a lot of pride, prestige & loneliness at the top.

Spetsnaz ( Brutal vicious violent deadly training)

SAS ( Train to the death )

BOPE (Slayers of the Drug Lords) Faca na Cabaca

Seal team 6 ( Ditka!)

Israeli special forces (Under constant threat 24/7)

The Swiss guard ( Vatican Commandos)

GROM ( Oppression breeds Dominance)

Gurkhas ( A way of life )

Mujahideen (kickin' Soviet and US ass for the last 33 years)

French Foreign Legion ( Worldwide Badasses)

North Korean Republican guard ( Raised from the cradle)

So I put the ? out to the TTB elders...

Who has the training of all training?

Who would you want protecting your family?

Forgive me if I forgot or failed to mention any team ( after all it was only a dream)

Or was it?

I don't mean to imply anything/be offensive in asking this, but what's with all of the talk of violence and paramilitary lately, sifusufi? Has this stuff been part of your life?

I'm a fan of Combat Applications Group, after having read some books lately written by former operators.

I don't mean to imply anything/be offensive in asking this, but what's with all of the talk of violence and paramilitary lately, sifusufi? Has this stuff been part of your life?

I'm a fan of Combat Applications Group, after having read some books lately written by former operators.

Midlife crisis I guess, not dealing well with aging and facing bilateral hip replacements at 47.

My dad was a WW II Navy Vet, went out at 67 of renal failure. ( He was dangerous & full of rage, picture Archie Bunker)

Got caught up in watching Deadliest Warrior on Spike.

Movies like The Warriors And Tropa de Elite are the Yang to my healing side.

I have never fired a weapon outside of a staple gun.

Thanks for your concern!smile.gif

Peace,

Beto

Peter Blaber, I'm guessing :lol:

Even within each group, some units will have various areas of specialization that they excel in: reconnaissance, search and rescue, air traffic control, underwater demolition, EOD, winning the "hearts and minds" of the locals, urban warfare, etc. As far as the US goes, it would probably be hard to say that one group is the best at everything. That's why there is a joint Special Operations Command, and missions often include a combination of elements from the different services, to take advantage of their unique strengths.

In terms of real world counter-terrorist operations, I believe that the French GIGN unit has one of the most successful track records, having stormed hijacked airliners and eliminated the hijackers with a minimum of "collateral damage" on multiple occasions.

I was very fortunate in that the only "war" that occured during my two year enlistment in the Army (signal corps) was the invasion of Grenada. I see far too many young men missing limbs these days...

Thanks for all the responses everybody!

The "Gold Metal" desire is very strong this season, problem is I keep switching goals midstream.

Five years I set out to learn Tabla

So might as well pick up Hindi & Devanagari right?

But wait I want to learn Capoeira so Portuguese is necessary so...

The Majority language in the States will be Spanish so lets go there...

See... so now 2012 is here and my books are collecting dust.

Switched from Nei Dan to Wei Dan mid Oct of 2011, Now looking back into Nei Dan

Drumming back to Guitar...

AND HAVE REALLY ACCOMPLISHED 0.1% Progress!

I learned last week to "Keep the goal the goal"

We will see how THAT turns out

smile.gif

Still can't play Tabla

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this