Sign in to follow this  
chi 2012

Best OBE Program

So what's the one best book or program to learn to have OBE's? Like anything else - their is too much info. I'm thinking maybe it's some kind of binural beat Monroe type of program - that would give me the quickest results. Also I lucid dream once in a while. Should I go back to mastering that first? Can people really die during an OBE if they can't get back into their body?

So what's the one best book or program to learn to have OBE's? Like anything else - their is too much info. I'm thinking maybe it's some kind of binural beat Monroe type of program - that would give me the quickest results. Also I lucid dream once in a while. Should I go back to mastering that first? Can people really die during an OBE if they can't get back into their body?

Astral dynamics seems pretty popular

• Like 1

Not really much info in Robert Monroe's 3 book series on how to do it, but a great read nonetheless as far as OBE's go.

As far as hemi-sync goes (Monroe's OBE program which includes binural beats), ended up purchasing it, did it for about a month or two and then burned out. Can't say it wasn't effective, however i'd personally rather spend that 30 minutes each day sitting in meditation or shaking :)

If your interested in the hemi-sync program shoot me a PM, maybe we could work something out.

Micheal Raduga's stuff is my favorite.

It has a really good system within it to isolate if a practice is working or not for you Individually, so you can tailor the method that works best for your individual nature...

It is very scientific, in how it has Isolated the stages required, and chucked out all unnecessary additions to these as 'technique clutter' and found dozens of ways for people of different dispositions {visual/kinesthetic/...} to achieve each of the three stages:

1.) Relax deeply.

2.) Enter the Vibration state.

3.) Exit technique.

Astral dynamics has stuff that is extraneous to this procedure, and while with people of a certain disposition, it works really well, there are others who it doesn't work at all for. i know one guy who used Robert Bruces book, with great discipline for years, and experienced nothing at all. when he finally read raduga's material he had his first obe in 3 days, and has been doing so regularly since...

Happy Travels!

• Like 3

Thanks for the recommendation Seth.

Might just check out his stuff. He gives away the book on his site for free as an e-book...while its 30$ on amazon.

Edited by OldGreen

i have quite a few on it , my favorite has been "MASTERING ASTRAL PROJECTION" its a 90 day guide by Robert Bruce & Brian Mercer.

Gives you daily goals and stuff energy related pretty amazing and helped me have a couple. they are scary tho haha. GOOD luck!

Micheal Raduga's stuff is my favorite.

It has a really good system within it to isolate if a practice is working or not for you Individually, so you can tailor the method that works best for your individual nature...

It is very scientific, in how it has Isolated the stages required, and chucked out all unnecessary additions to these as 'technique clutter' and found dozens of ways for people of different dispositions {visual/kinesthetic/...} to achieve each of the three stages:

1.) Relax deeply.

2.) Enter the Vibration state.

3.) Exit technique.

Astral dynamics has stuff that is extraneous to this procedure, and while with people of a certain disposition, it works really well, there are others who it doesn't work at all for. i know one guy who used Robert Bruces book, with great discipline for years, and experienced nothing at all. when he finally read raduga's material he had his first obe in 3 days, and has been doing so regularly since...

Happy Travels!

Agreed. I like his approach. He used to have a free e book, but it looks like it is corrupted now.

Lucid dreaming is a side effect of just about all brainwave entrainment protocols. Binaural beats are pretty much obsolete. Isochronic tones and photic stimulation are much more effective in altering conscious states.

Thanks guys. I've been looking up some of the recomendations - and will decide soon. As I understand it, OBE's and lucid dreaming can be used for more than kicks. You can gain insights and carry over what you've learned into the "real" world - making the real world seem not so real. I'm still trying to figure out the scary part....I'm assuming people sometimes see bad entities or maybe demons. I guess if this happens you just stand your ground...because they can't really hurt you. Maybe after a while if you lose your fears of these things - you will have less fear in the real world. So I guess to some extent it takes "balls" to do this. Spiritual balls.

Edited by chi 2012
  • Like 1

Cool, very interesting.

I don't think I'll ever have the "balls" to attempt astral projection. I figure my cultivation will naturally progress into the psychic realm when it is ready on its own. I don't want to explore an unfamiliar terrain without some sort of map and compass, if you know what I mean. :)

Thanks guys. I've been looking up some of the recomendations - and will decide soon. As I understand it, OBE's and lucid dreaming can be used for more than kicks. You can gain insights and carry over what you've learned into the "real" world - making the real world seem not so real. I'm still trying to figure out the scary part....I'm assuming people sometimes see bad entities or maybe demons. I guess if this happens you just stand your ground...because they can't really hurt you. Maybe after a while if you lose your fears of these things - you will have less fear in the real world. So I guess to some extent it takes "balls" to do this. Spiritual balls.

I think if it really seems real then it would be real? Then it is real? Reality is inside not outside.

Agreed. I like his approach. He used to have a free e book, but it looks like it is corrupted now.

Lucid dreaming is a side effect of just about all brainwave entrainment protocols. Binaural beats are pretty much obsolete. Isochronic tones and photic stimulation are much more effective in altering conscious states.

Mind if I bombard you with questions? :lol:

Could you tell me more about Isochronic tones and photic stimulation?

Do the tones require headphones or will they work over speakers?

I am guessing that Photic stimulation is some kind of flashing eye cover device?

Do they work individualy or do they only work together?

And do you find that they increase lucid dreaming while using them or within a certain time frame of having used them?

Also do specific brain entrainment states trigger Lucid dreaming more than other states?

I have no real experience with the electronic stuff. When I was 17 I had a master charles delta tape that I used while meditating for a while, and 20 years later all I have done since is chuck on a holosync cd very ocassionally...

What has worked very well for you?

Thanks again.

Seth.

Edited by Seth Ananda

Mind if I bombard you with questions? :lol:

Could you tell me more about Isochronic tones and photic stimulation?

Do the tones require headphones or will they work over speakers?

Isochronic tones are steady tones that are turned on and off rapidly. They can be modulated to produce different waveforms such as square, sine or triangle. They do not require headphones, but headphones can be used. If headphone are used, it is possible to entrain each brain hemisphere to different frequencies, resulting in some interesting brain harmonics. You can also use tone frequencies in the gamma range, and beats in another such as theta, entraining the mind in both states. Isochronic tones produce the strongest cortical response behind photic stimulation.

I am guessing that Photic stimulation is some kind of flashing eye cover device?

Do they work individualy or do they only work together?

Photic stimulation is accomplished with LED light frames powered by a decoder. I like the units sold here MindPlace You can use either technology together, or by themselves.

And do you find that they increase lucid dreaming while using them or within a certain time frame of having used them?

After using entrainment for a time, you will find your dreams to be more vivid, and you remember then more. The more experienced you become, the more control you gain.

Also do specific brain entrainment states trigger Lucid dreaming more than other states?

What has worked very well for you?

Lucid dreaming is best learned by walking the tightrope between sleep and consciousness, which is in the theta range. I find the light stimulation at high intensity keeps me awake. As I said though, just doing any entrainment, after a while, you will have more awareness of your dreams. I like the software from Transparent Corp They offer free 2 week trials, plus have a plethora of info on their site.

I like the software from Transparent Corp They offer free 2 week trials, plus have a plethora of info on their site.

I second this recommendation, their Neuro-Programmer software is pretty awesome. I bought it several years ago.

Sign in to follow this