Sign in to follow this  
sifusufi

Red Phoenix

Hoping y'all could please chime in on the steps - sequence of the practice. Maybe post a youtube vid?

Having studied on the Kwan Yin & Healing Qi Gong vids ( nothing new there ) blush.gif.

Too many ( - ) comments on the other threads mad.gif

If you have nothing tangible to offer please do not tread!

Trying to stay off the Hamburger Train...

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

I don't think anyone is allowed to convey information about R.P. online.

Thanks for the reply, looks like no one in the South Chicago, NWI area teaches RP.

Judging by all the responses thus far it is definitely shrouded in secrecy ph34r.gif

Profit motive vs. Dangerous practice if misused I guess?

Pilates and Boxing are dangerous and can be for profit as well and the web is flooded with vids. Oh well!

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Obrigado de Chicago smile.gif

Profit motive

Sounds about right.

Then again...

Wouldn't want anyone goin all 'dragon body' standing in line at Starbucks :lol:

Edited by don_vedo
  • Like 4

Wouldn't want anyone goin all 'dragon body' standing in line at Starbucks :lol:

Righteous!

Something like this! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reply

Red Phoenix isn't just the technique.

Frankly, I don't think it would be much to tell someone how to do Red Phoenix. I think a similar meditation is taught in other systems.

Red Phoenix is all about the transmission.

Kunlun/Yigong takes care of itself. You don't need anything to get a good level at that practice.

I respect Max's desire for the facilitator program to get the practice out there. I am sure that there are some capable facilitators.

But to be honest, I wouldn't bother getting Red Phoenix from anyone but Kan or Max. If your serious about doing Kunlun I would just practice on your own and save up to see Max in person.

I am going to see Kan in Tokyo in April, can't wait!

Best,

Cameron

Edited by Cameron

Red Phoenix isn't just the technique.

Frankly, I don't think it would be much to tell someone how to do Red Phoenix. I think a similar meditation is taught in other systems.

Red Phoenix is all about the transmission.

Kunlun/Yigong takes care of itself. You don't need anything to get a good level at that practice.

I respect Max's desire for the facilitator program to get the practice out there. I am sure that there are some capable facilitators.

But to be honest, I wouldn't bother getting Red Phoenix from anyone but Kan or Max. If your serious about doing Kunlun I would just practice on your own and save up to see Max in person.

I am going to see Kan in Tokyo in April, can't wait!

Best,

Cameron

Appreciate the input!

Peace,

Rob

I have to respectfully disagree with Cam wrt the transmission. One "may be more likely to resonate with a stronger signal," true - but imho that is not placing enough emphasis on the student - a significant bit of that is absolutely a function of how well the student resonates with it, how sincere the student is about it (and how sincerely the student does the practices.)

This of course extends in various magnitudes to all practices :)

• Like 1

I have to respectfully disagree with Cam wrt the transmission. One "may be more likely to resonate with a stronger signal," true - but imho that is not placing enough emphasis on the student - a significant bit of that is absolutely a function of how well the student resonates with it, how sincere the student is about it (and how sincerely the student does the practices.)

This of course extends in various magnitudes to all practices :)

And to build upon this... when last I saw Max in October, he was no longer giving transmissions. He said that they weren't necessary, and that it was important for students to earn some of these things themselves.. Which makes sense especially with Max actively breaking away from the more dogmatic approaches of other schools and encouraging students to take responsibility for themselves and learn to look within instead of without for guidance.

balance.

Edited by balance.

Appreciate the input!

Peace,

Rob

My pleasure. There has been enough said on these things already. And I have said enough here but I do enjoy hearing about people who have benefitted from Kunlun.

I don't really have an opinion about if you need the transmission or don't. From what Max has said you need to see him once. Can you get Red Phoenix without the transmission? Who knows? But why mess around when Max is still teaching publically? I would go for it to see him.

Good luck on your path

• Like 1

Actually, I am not a good resource regarding practicing with or without transmission.

Occassionally, I ponder how my practice would look without it. But I can't say. I believe I practiced a couple times from the book before my first seminar and got benefit. But afterwards it was a different species :lol:

In any case, I think it's long overdue for me to pay respect to my Japanese teachers and display some restraint in talking about my spiritual practice. Plenty of smart people here to give good feedback :)

• Like 1

if max has stopped doing transmissions i cant understand the secrecy around red phoenix ?

Red Phoenix is a very 'brain' based energy technique. You don't want energy trapped up there. Most people would probably have no problem, but some, those who are particularly energy sensitive or over do it, would. I think the 'secretiveness' is erring on the safe side.

My 2 bits.

• Like 3

Red Phoenix is a very 'brain' based energy technique. You don't want energy trapped up there. Most people would probably have no problem, but some, those who are particularly energy sensitive or over do it, would. I think the 'secretiveness' is erring on the safe side.

My 2 bits.

As such I'm surprised rp2 was never taught right alongside rp1.

Sign in to follow this