Tatsumaru

Is it me or Qigong is boring ?

I've tried to meditate on SFQ or Mantak Chia's techniques to awaken Qi or whatever and nothing happens. Is it me or this is just so boring...

You're probably lacking the stillness needed. Calm and patience is an essential prerequisite. If you can't turn off your desire for stimulation and be content with your patience then you'd be better to start there (if you ask me)..

Or... start with some shaking (shake and loosen all the joints) to rid the body of the energy that's bouncing around and distracting your calm and patience. Some other warm up exercises will help to bring the body and mind to necessary stillness.. keep doing them until your ready to do nothing.. then you can do something with nothing, or something..

I'm looking for something to happen. All I hear is students who erm... promote.. their so enlightened masters in New York and Alabama. People talking about shooting laser beams and discussing it with friends. I mean give me a break. It's obviously not real. You just want it to work out so bad that you lie to yourselves that you feel Qi vibrations when your bowels growl or that you feel electrical currents when your feet go numb from sitting on your ass for two hours doing this stupid meditation...

Edited by Tatsumaru

I'm looking for something to happen. All I hear is students who erm... promote.. their so enlightened masters in New York and Alabama. People talking about shooting laser beams and discussing it with friends. I mean give me a break. It's obviously not real. You just want it to work out so bad that you lie to yourselves that you feel Qi vibrations when your bowels growl or that you feel electrical currents when your feet go numb from sitting on your ass for two hours doing this stupid meditation...

Cut down on the noodles? :)

• Like 1

Cut down on the noodles? :)

Cut down on something, what are you eating?!

You want the science? It's science to a point, then its pure heart/ compassionate intelligence which is what stirred 'her' into existence..( well the otherstuff is still science, but its gonna be a while fore they're ready)

(Meant to be a reply to 'that' reply)

But I agree, its not fun, that's the problem, I find the learning fun.. point)

Edited by fallintounity

It ain't you, it's just boring :P

Weeeeeeeeeell I guess it depends on what your focus is.

For instance, B.K. Frantzis writes about how in some days during his training, he'd do a single Tai Chi move and take an hour to complete it. Why? Because he was at the point where he was working on such tiny refinements that, moment to moment, he had to make them as he went. He didn't want to go too fast and break connections. When he looked at the clock, he saw that hours had passed!

I've experienced similar phenomena myself. When you become so absorbed in what you're doing that you don't look at the time.

In the words of Qui Gonn Jinn from Star Wars- "Your focus determines your reality". If you are focused on the time, meditation is slow as balls. If you're focused on energy sensations, meditation will be pointless (especially the kinds you are doing).

My suggestion, honestly, is to get "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body" and start with learning the breathing. Yes, the breathing- full abdomen, sides of your belly, lower back, and upper back.

Why?

Because it gets you to practice paying attention to your body. And, incrementally, it increases the amount of time you spend focusing, as well as your ability to relax while doing so.

Then, when you move on to opening the energy gates, you'll have practice in

1) feeling

2) having the attention span to actually be patient enough for stuff to happen

The methods you listed involve sitting and focusing at different points (if I understand SFQ correctly, and I can't say I've spent too much time on it). If you haven't done stuff like that before, it ain't gonna work.

Also, when dissolving and stuff, until you build up to it, I suggest doing it in whatever posture feels good. Frantzis' material can be done sitting, standing, lying down, moving, or during sexual activity. Obviously some modes are more difficult than others. So if sitting makes your legs feel numb, lie down. If you fall asleep while lying down, oh well, at least you had a good nap!

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 4

I don't want to no science. Science is so limited.

All I want is something to happen.

P.S.

Ok, Zhang, Thanks.

Edited by Tatsumaru

You mean you want to be aware of something happening, and for that to happen it needs to be OBVIOUS and IMMEDIATE like NOODLES.

• Like 1

P.S.

Ok, Zhang, Thanks.

Well if you'd like other things to happen, you could always look in other places. Some interesting people making some interesting claims.

What about feeling relaxed and positive and able to walk amidst stress without being stressed, or to be amidst worry without being worried, or amidst despair without being despaired?

If you want to become some kind of alien overlord... maybe go into costume design.?

What about feeling relaxed and positive and able to walk amidst stress without being stressed, or to be amidst worry without being worried, or amidst despair without being despaired?

Sounds like waiting around to die.

If you want to become some kind of alien overlord... maybe go into costume design.?

So many do. And oh what fun they have. Something to do while waiting to die.

krytencocktxt3.jpg

You mean you want to be aware of something happening, and for that to happen it needs to be OBVIOUS and IMMEDIATE like NOODLES.

Hahaha break it down..

Syllables in sentences..

I guess boring is in the eye of the beholder. I find many things that most of my peers might deem exciting boring, and vice versa. But in terms of "something happening," one of the best things that has happened so far as the outcome of cultivation is the learned skill (turned innate ability) to be the one who decides whether something is going to be boring or exciting.

Good qigong contains the know-how for this. You learn to flip some inner switches on, some off, and be excited or bored as the outcome of executing absolute control over your state of mind quite independent of any and all incidental offerings from any activity you're engaged in or the sheer chance of your outer circumstances.

You are bored if the same boring ocean wave crashes again and again into the same boring rock of your immobile, carved-in-stone modes of perception and states of consciousness available to you...

...but you are anything but bored if you are the ocean choosing what to crash into, with what force, what mood, color, shape, smell, levels of ionization and salination, and whether to flip a whale upside down while at it or sink a Titanic with one of your icebergs or raise a sunken island by activating one of your underwater volcanoes. Perceptions trained with good qigong are like that... an ever-expanding infinity of options and choices that can't possibly bore because boredom is finite and your inner freedom, infinite. If boredom ascends you have the power to turn it into a speck of dust on the northern slope of the mountain of infinity and go about the rest of your business never bothered by it ever again. This is a supernatural ability for an average modern person (I know it from the pre-cultivation time when I didn't have even a speck of it) that is both more difficult to attain and considerably more rewarding on a daily basis than shooting lasers from one's ass hands.

• Like 1

No, it's not boring.

You probably want to be a master quick but do not have the dedication/ true desire to even be a student first.

• Like 1

Sounds like waiting around to die.

If that's what you want to do... but why not feel full of life while you do it! What side of the line do you want to be on.. pointing and criticizing and doing nothing, or ignoring the BS and enjoying the empowerment that comes with being alive and knowing it? "If your alive and you know it clap your hands.. ** **.. "

Anyway, it's a far more constructive way of ridding yourself of negativity than wasting time....

Qigong isn't just moving the hands and legs. You're working with yin and yang, as well element theory. You're pushing and pulling chi. Its hard to feel at first. It helps if you have a good teacher explain the energetics you and to see/feel them do a form live.

There are times I've watched an martial arts expert do a kata. Sometimes its better to watch the audience then performers, because they will flinch and shift depending on where how the expert moves and where his focus is.

I don't know what exactly what Chi is, but strong focused intent, moves people.

Edited by thelerner

No Energy = nothing happens.

No sense = nothing perceived.

Low quality exercising = low entertainment.

In Qigong each session with the same Set one learns something new or

at least have something to because one could perceive what has to be done,

there is no waiting, it is maybe tiresome but not boring if one do it correctly.

If you have no talent to learn from media go and seek a teacher as the the line between

funtional Qigong and mere physical exercise is thin.