dwai

Drain, compress and charge

My teacher posted some notes on doing this standing dao gong meditation. I have been using it to great effect. Any other bum do this?

http://www.gbolarts.com/pages/notes_archive/notes_033.html

Ah cool stuff. It doesn't look "exactly" the same, but I remember doing a method about back on making energy actually physical, it sounded a bit similar to this. I don't remember all of it.. but the end result was flicking a hand a bit and water landing as if your hand were wet.

This method seems cool.

Was it kinda like this?

Actually its nothing like that at all. This is a standing practice and relies on moving a tai chi ball (energetic), compressing it, charging it up with high frequency light energy and draining the heavy, lower frequency energy into the earth.

It uses some of the same forms as in prayer hands meditation but intent is different. To try it out, stand in preparation form and then mentally pull out a tai chi ball from your LDT and expand it (like to the size of an exercise ball or a largish beach ball). Then just sink the ball into the ground and then pull it out again, lift it to your MDT and compress it (as my teacher's note suggests) and then raise it up to above the crown point and expand it out again...first time connecting to earth energy, this time connecting to sky energy.

Ah right, that is very different, I just forgot to quote neichuan since some of the stuff we've done was similar

This one sounds more like that first stretch from 8 piece of brocade

Actually its nothing like that at all. This is a standing practice and relies on moving a tai chi ball (energetic), compressing it, charging it up with high frequency light energy and draining the heavy, lower frequency energy into the earth.

It uses some of the same forms as in prayer hands meditation but intent is different. To try it out, stand in preparation form and then mentally pull out a tai chi ball from your LDT and expand it (like to the size of an exercise ball or a largish beach ball). Then just sink the ball into the ground and then pull it out again, lift it to your MDT and compress it (as my teacher's note suggests) and then raise it up to above the crown point and expand it out again...first time connecting to earth energy, this time connecting to sky energy.

Pretty good, I like it. When exhaling and "letting the rain fall," instead of just the fingertips, I would suggest using the yang arm & leg channels to exhale down, then inhale up the yin arm & leg channels, the yongquan connects to the dantien via the kidney sinew channel.

Pretty good, I like it. When exhaling and "letting the rain fall," instead of just the fingertips, I would suggest using the yang arm & leg channels to exhale down, then inhale up the yin arm & leg channels, the yongquan connects to the dantien via the kidney sinew channel.

This one is designed to inhale down from the crown point and exhale out through the hands...the feeling of yang vs yin is very remarkable in this....as are the transitions of yang to yin and yin to yang...but the right chanels are activated anyway...since as yang change to yin or yin to yang the corresponding ciruits are activated?

Sounds similar to some movements in the five-treasures qi gong I've been doing for a few years (with varying regularity), especially ocean-wave-breathing and some of the gathering chi movements, one which brings it up from the ground, through the body and out the top which then rains down and you gather it up again. It's a great set, imo. I've tried a few others but found that five-treasures had what I liked from the other ones and so went back to it.

Sounds like this one maybe does the ocean wave breathing at each dantien. Five-treasures uses it for the ldt, and has different movements for the others, but I think the imagery here can be used for some parts of 5T as well. Thanks for sharing it ;).

Sounds similar to some movements in the five-treasures qi gong I've been doing for a few years (with varying regularity), especially ocean-wave-breathing and some of the gathering chi movements, one which brings it up from the ground, through the body and out the top which then rains down and you gather it up again. It's a great set, imo. I've tried a few others but found that five-treasures had what I liked from the other ones and so went back to it.

Sounds like this one maybe does the ocean wave breathing at each dantien. Five-treasures uses it for the ldt, and has different movements for the others, but I think the imagery here can be used for some parts of 5T as well. Thanks for sharing it ;).

Is ocean-wave breathing done by contracting the glottis during the breath-cycle (to generate a hissing/surf-like sound) aka ujjayi pranayam?

We don't do that with this set. This is simply slow, circular breathing (no reverse breathing) and no holding, etc. The objective is to simply move when the energy moves...(which calls for growing sensitive to the energy and then following it's flow, within the context of the main framework). Intent is applied for the draining and then the charging and compressing...but when that is done is based on when the energy itself wants to move.

Is ocean-wave breathing done by contracting the glottis during the breath-cycle (to generate a hissing/surf-like sound) aka ujjayi pranayam?

We don't do that with this set. This is simply slow, circular breathing (no reverse breathing) and no holding, etc. The objective is to simply move when the energy moves...(which calls for growing sensitive to the energy and then following it's flow, within the context of the main framework). Intent is applied for the draining and then the charging and compressing...but when that is done is based on when the energy itself wants to move.

: