Tatsumaru

Does Magic Exist ?

I've read some stuff about occultism, white magic, black magic but the funny thing is that all the famous occult practitioners like Alister Crowley or Abramelin died relatively young and not particularly powerful or rich or anything ?

I don't believe in religion and yet most occultism revolves around angles and demons, so I'm really puzzled. I know that there a lot of people who practice white or black magic who will undoubtedly claim that magic exists but most of them also seem to be very miserable, sacrificing cats all day long to God knows who.

I've never seen anything miraculous enough in my life (except my life of course) to say that there are demons or angels or anything similar. What do you guys think ?

Edited by Tatsumaru

I think that considering the size of the perceivable universe, it is possible that there are more evolved beings that could be benevolent as well as malevolent. Look at human life for example.

Demons and Angels are more of an analogy imo. Like one who is benevolent could be said to be an angel and one who is malevolent could be said to be a demon, but does that make them demons and angels?

• Like 2

This is just considering the perceivable universe, once you start to consider the multi-verse it becomes much more complicated, imo.

Arthur C. Clarke used to say that any technology sufficiently advanced would appear to us as magic. So it depends on how you define magic.

I remember the time when I was a teenager and I was reading all them magic story stuffs

*strokes totally real beard*

It is said by bored people on abovetopsecret that more then 5000 years ago the Earth's name was actually the Atlantis that everyone was talking about. Some sort of a disaster happened and so only a bunch of people was left with the ancient knowledge. Some say it was a flood and so the survivors who found land were around the mountainy area in west Asia place.

From there the knowledge was separated in two and half of these people went west and others went east. Western people were these Egyptian guys and eastern were the nei gong and Tibetan guys. Eastern dudes mainly used the power found in themselves and made themselves stronger while westerners used outside help that was easier to do but it made them weaker and they had to pay after their death.

The End

• Like 1

magic exists, but its not always as easy as saying an incantation and money falling out of the sky into your lap. There's not a wide market for magic in today's overly appearance oriented world, so many practicing magi are poor.

but if you are asking, can a person invoke energy or spiritual force/forces in order to receive a response, the answer is unequivocally yes. Don't judge a magus by their bank account tho, money is an earth element thing and magic is usually less dense and rooted in the fire of transformation. They are two entirely different things.

i agree with informer about angels and demons.. oversimplified ways of dealing with an infinite omniverse of countless beings of varying moral orientations.

i like your observation that your life is indeed miraculous. Everything is thusly miraculous! But i won't derail your thread. Energies and forces can be harnessed and directed by the mind, intention, sound vibrations, body movements, prayers, etc. In that way, all human life is magic and magical! :) But stumbling along blindly and harnessing the power of your own intention are two different things now aren't they :D

Edited by anamatva

Energies and forces can be harnessed and directed by the mind, intention, sound vibrations, body movements, prayers, etc.

Do you think that the sacred book of abramelin is a decent read ?

Do you think that the sacred book of abramelin is a decent read ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Abramelin

i don't get into that sort of magic. (grimoire's of other people and Hermetic magic that um orderly) But everyone is different. That wiki page raised several concerns, but you might get a lot out of it.

See if you can find a copy of Paul Christian's (Jean Baptiste Pitois' pen name) The History and Practice of Magic... they float around on the internet for not too high a price. I would start there.

See if you can find a copy of Paul Christian's (Jean Baptiste Pitois' pen name) The History and Practice of Magic... they float around on the internet for not too high a price. I would start there.

I found the 1963 version. I will order it.

At least personally...I believe in magic because I've prayed (directly to my idea of God) and been clearly helped, at times when I really needed it. Or really wanted it. Or just asked for it.

And also I can exert some control over things in an unexplainable way. For instance, a really easy one is that if I need to wake up at an earlier time than I'm used to, I just tell my body that I must do it. Then I set my alarm, and probably 95% of the time wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off.

The other day a similar thing happened, where I needed to be somewhere within a half an hour, yet also needed to do tons of things in order to get ready. I mustered up the will to do everything in that time period, and somehow did it...I would glance at the clock during it, and every minute seemed like 5 minutes. I ended up being right on time...and given all the stuff I had to do within that half an hour, it was actually miraculous.

So: pray for it...will it...do it. Then you can have your own inexplicable experiences. That is my view.

• Like 2

It exists.. Every time someone finds their happiness its a bit of magic..

Beyond that, personally, I shot a laserbeam 4ft in front of me.. (upon thinking about it, i believe it was a sort of communication between periods of time, right across the stars- well i know it was. When you're in a state of samadhi you can send shen energy, the internal laser across the present moment- externally; your sending it across the universe, providing energy-- well apparently you can do the same thing across the 'present' moment, like say years in the past)

anyway.

its exists. fo sure

Beyond that, personally, I shot a laserbeam 4ft in front of me.. (upon thinking about it, i believe it was a sort of communication between periods of time, right across the stars- well i know it was. When you're in a state of samadhi you can send shen energy, the internal laser across the present moment- externally; your sending it across the universe, providing energy-- well apparently you can do the same thing across the 'present' moment, like say years in the past)

Ok, no offense on this, because I want to believe you. But how come a person that enlightened to send laser beams all over the universe with the power to re-assign balance would be talking about it on a forum. Sounds like a geeky Buddha to me.

It's like those qigong masters who are wearing glasses and are bald and fat. You almost believe them but then you are like - "but why is he wearing glasses if he can cure cancer ?". You know what i mean ? Again no offense, I'm not saying you are not telling the truth.

Ok, no offense on this, because I want to believe you. But how come a person that enlightened to send laser beams all over the universe with the power to re-assign balance would be talking about it on a forum. Sounds like a geeky Buddha to me.

It's like those qigong masters who are wearing glasses and are bald and fat. You almost believe them but then you are like - "but why is he wearing glasses if he can cure cancer ?". You know what i mean ? Again no offense, I'm not saying you are not telling the truth.

I suppose for nothing more to draw attention to the fact that people like me exist.. though I'm in exclusive company, being the greatest American to ever live, Haha, I have had more odd things happen to me but none captures the beauty of life or felt as cool as seeing that, or performing it, (though I had limited control,)

so I post it

Well other than the above to draw further attention to the fact that in spite of my many ideas, etc etc I can barely survive because of poverty... Now that is lifes bitch.. I strive through it, but so many people are capable of so much, have such beauty and are shot to hell by this world, anyway, it exists, magic, but it needs to go further

Hope for it

I suppose for nothing more to draw attention to the fact that people like me exist.. though I'm in exclusive company, being the greatest American to ever live, Haha, I have had more odd things happen to me but none captures the beauty of life or felt as cool as seeing that, or performing it, (though I had limited control,)

so I post it

Well other than the above to draw further attention to the fact that in spite of my many ideas, etc etc I can barely survive because of poverty... Now that is lifes bitch.. I strive through it, but so many people are capable of so much, have such beauty and are shot to hell by this world, anyway, it exists, magic, but it needs to go further

Hope for it

Edited by fallintounity

So step one for you, in order to be a cool enlightened person, is to not talk about anything on internet forums or be seen as a geek.

It's like those qigong masters who are wearing glasses and are bald and fat.

Steps 2,3 and 4...get contacts, get hair implants, and diet/exercise so you are lean.

Just kidding, sort of...but it's interesting to look at our ideas of what an Ideal person is. I believe that these ideas exist for a valid evolutionary purpose, but don't work absolutely in regards to an enlightened person.

It also shows what we value, what we desire, and what we expect in becoming an Ideal. Maybe we should just work towards those things, because they are more valuable in this world than the ideal itself, in this case.

• Like 3

i love Frater Achad. Read the Kybalion and the Hermetic root texts, the ones attributed to Hermes, like the Emerald Tablet. They might not seem like much at first, but there is a treasure buried there. I like Manly P Hall and Phil Hine.

My own experience with magic has been more nature oriented and chaotic. I have never been attracted to elaborate rituals and rote incantations and such.

So i suggest reading Carlos Casteneda, Taisha Abelar, and Florinda Donner Grau. Read about shamanism, that is the root of magic. James Mooney wrote an intersting work called The Sacred Formulas of the Cherokees. There is a lot of writing about Mayan magic, like "Long Life, Honey in the Heart" and the other works of Martin Prechtel, and Sastun by Rosita Arvigo, both about apprenticing to Mayan shaman/healers. That is where magic really is if you ask me, not in books by John Dee which do readeth thusley and ar most aggerravayting to deceyepher and worse to practice.

My advice is bypass the whole OTO/Golden Dawn neo-hermeticism and get to the roots of it. It all comes from Shamanism. capital S.

• Like 1

IMO .......... the magic will reveal itself to you in the right time as you display the best intent.

yes there is a lot of selfish type magic lore out there but I think those days are now past, esp. with our new electronic community making our intentions much more transparent.

magic could be likened to the power that comes along when tapas or duty is adhered to. they called it Siddhi in India. but the yogi often wants only to cultivate good to ideal character. and where does magic fit into that intention?

how does gaining power over some elements give advancement in character? the elements are indicative of lower orders of energies. the higher orders of energies are hardly describable.

in the world there is a spiritual history. there is also a genuine physical history that is probably quite different from the textbooks. but the spiritual history is where you will find also the various schools of magic. this is pre history. in Europe you had the Druids (ovate and bards) in India the Rishi. in Persia, the Magi, and in Egypt and mid east, Rabbi. now China ... ahh interesting. these are all linked because the knowledge came from one foundation. so better to grok that foundation as a whole.

the elites today, are using the old magic to try and keep their dominance, but they were corrupt for so long that they are karmically pretty much toast. you would think anyway, by reports emerging on the situation ..... maybe that is the meaning of the 2012. karma counts.

ps. <here> is an example of incredible investigative reporting that mainsteam media (zombie machine/ lie factory, etc) cannot touch ... and that's exactly the kind of valor that negates negative core group magic. nothing else will, except true valor based on genuine intent. when that happens, it always wins, because it is founded on reality.

Edited by robaire
  • Like 1