AЯAB

New music craze "Dubstep"

I don't know if you bums have heard of this new music craze called "dubstep" but I had my first experience of it today. I had heard about it, heard some snippets but was never really interested. Cool stuff but it is a very big distraction haha and knowing half the kids now listen to this shit that's pretty bad :P

I'm in the car with my buddy and he decides to play some "dubstep". So he turns it up, full blast pretty much. It's all drum and bass but with crazy drops and what not. Anyways I notice he starts driving faster once it starts. When the drop kicked in it felt as if my brain was being held or someshit. Like I was having a braingasm haha I just felt all this crazy energy and I wanted to go wild. Before I never realized why people listen to it but after that I knew why. It's not something I would listen to but whoever creates that "music" is pretty smart because they have this way of putting you in a sort of trance.

It sounds cool but I feel like listening to it in excess can somehow be bad for your brain, I dunno maybe I'm just being paranoid. I also have this weird theory that the music industry secretly puts binurals in there songs, also sublimnal messages of sexual orientation haha XD.

The link below is the song I heard, *WARNING* it could blow your speakers if played too loud hahahaha

I've been hearing people talk about dubstep for a while now, but I've never gotten around to listening to any.

Now, I've enjoyed music from many genres that a lot of people find unlistenable or obnoxious, e.g. rap, techno, various flavors of metal, classical.

But I had to stop the first two videos posted in this thread. The fact that people around the world are going crazy for that kind of stuff is terrifying.

I don't mind some dubstep, but what got me interested in it was Flying Lotus, who is the nephew of John and Alice Coltrane, and the cousin of Ravi Coltrane, and he makes something in realm of trip-hop and dubstep.

No surprise, he's pretty much at a level and category of his own...

-- on second thought, I don't hear dubstep in Fly-lo, though he plays dubstep shows.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

When I first heard Dubstep that was when I thought I might be getting old as it just sounds like random noise to me, which is the kind if thing my parents used to say. Although I quite like the skrillex video on YouTube of the girl using superpowers to trap pedophiles, which is a bit contriversial, I can't link at the moment but I think the song is called "first of the year"

When I'm working on positive emotions, I like to put on Dubstep and do Chi Kung. It really gets the blood flowing.

Not a fan, some parts of the songs are alright, but then it just turns into garbled diarrhea sounding noises lol

Not a fan, some parts of the songs are alright, but then it just turns into garbled diarrhea sounding noises lol

If your diarrhea sounds like dubstep then there's either something VERY wrong or VERY right with you :lol:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I agree a lot of it is like that, although there is some good music in that general area which is worth checking out which is more musical like the album 'Untrue' by Burial which is great, I love this song by SBTRKT too

• Like 1

I didn't realise it was 'new'??

Some of the 'ascending energy' stuff really reminds me of some other stuff that was around a relatively long time ago :lol:

'90's. Probably quite localized :ph34r:

:wub::lol: