Tatsumaru

Weird Hair Loss

Hello again.

Probably most of you guys remember my story but for those who don't:

A Troubled Mind

and...

Total Rejuvenation

Now things are improving little by little. Because of my forementioned depression I abused my body with sugary foods, pastries etc. So I decided to clean myself up. Started a new diet + fasting to clean this mess.

Anyway, this is probably stress related but I'm starting to lose hair in the front part of my head. Now that would be very understandable if I was the typcial male pattern baldness male but that's not the case. My hair looks like this -

long-curly-hair-styles.jpg

I know it's a minor issue compared to people having cancer and HIV but I really don't want to see the only good thing that I inherited from my grandma go away. I mean shes 70 or something now and most of her hair is still black, so I don't think I'm prone to hair loss. In fact when I decided to grow my hair long it was so thick it would stay straight like Marge Simpson. It was just so thick that there wasn't enough space for all the hairs and I would lose handfuls of hair everytime I combed and showered and still not see a difference.

I won't settle for mediocre hairline and if I can't restore it I'll probably go short hair again.

I'm not very convinced that synthetic treatments like minoxidil etc. work plus there is more than enough info on it on the net, so there's no need to discuss it here.

What do you guys think I should do ? Herbal remedies ? Nettle root decoction, Vitamins, Eggs ? Meditation ? Is there any healing or cleansing that I can perform that will probably give back the life to my hair follicles ? Thanks.

Edited by Tatsumaru

Massage your scalp to improve circulation and break up waxy blocks at the hair roots.

Cut down or out refined sugars, caffeine, and white flour.

Eat lots of pumpkin and suflower seeds (with a bit of grain legume to complete protein).

I think I have similiar hair as you - and started a thread a while back. Hair seems to thin for weird reasons. One thing I did around new years is I went to a hair stylist and dyed the whole top blond - but kept the sides dark. I've been getting a lot of hair compliments. People say I look young. Combat it from multiple angles. Here's some suggestions.

Stand on your head everyday to let the blood go to your head. Or just hang over the side of your bed.

Massage head for ten minutes everyday. After massaging - pull on your hair for a few minutes.

Don't jack off.

Spring Forest Qigong.

Lasercomb.

Guided hypnosis tape to regrow hair.

A guy named Tom Haggerty has these scalp exercises that some people swear by. Look him up.

Just go at it from many possible angles.

Edited by chi 2012

As regards the hair loss industry fortunes have been made from the gullible.

So far as I am aware the only proven cure for thinning hair is to go down the drug route and that can lead to all sorts of problems.

You can have fun trying the herbal, qigong or yoga way but I doubt that it will do much good and you may as well try the old English cures of rubbing cow dung on your scalp or letting a cat lick your bald/thinning patch.

At the end of the day if a bald head is all you have to worry about then life probably aint that bad.

I read a bit from your other threads, your level of stress and that (at least in the past) you've used "all kinds of medication" in relation to bodybuilding (and that you've recently stopped).

It might benefit you a great deal to see a doctor of chinese medicine. It's quite likely that you've significantly depleted yourself in ways that a western doctor wouldn't see at all but that for a doctor of oriental medicine the symptoms would just scream out clearly. Chinese herbs (plus perhaps acupuncture), skillfully applied, might do you worlds of good over a course of time.

• Like 1

I read a bit from your other threads, your level of stress and that (at least in the past) you've used "all kinds of medication" in relation to bodybuilding (and that you've recently stopped).

It might benefit you a great deal to see a doctor of chinese medicine. It's quite likely that you've significantly depleted yourself in ways that a western doctor wouldn't see at all but that for a doctor of oriental medicine the symptoms would just scream out clearly. Chinese herbs (plus perhaps acupuncture), skillfully applied, might do you worlds of good over a course of time.

I really want to do that but there only two famous chinese practitioners here but they seem like scam. Found a few articles about the of people saying there weren't of much help. I will grow my own reishi mushrooms and some gotu kola, will order he shou wu as well. I really feel as something is off as you are saying. I really want to visit Mantak Chia's tao-garden and practice but can't afford it atm.

Other than that - great advice from all. Thanks.

P.S.

Also my blood pressure is weird - left hand 99/50 right hand 130/60. Went to a cardiologist, showed 120/60, doctor said it's perfect. ECG and ultrasound were fine too. Don't have any pathological growth but then I've never abused steroids, I just used twice or thrice. I've done shrooms a few times, x, a lot of weed that's all I can think of. Never drank, I hate alcohol. Just a small glass of red wine every now and then for the benefits of it.

Even though I have history with drugs, except for this short depression period I ate very clean, I'm a vegetarain I only eat unsaturated fat, I drink lots of water, replenish electrolytes etc. (you know the healthy stuff)

The only thing that bothers me (at best) is that my grandpa had a few heart attacks, my aunt has cardiomyopathy and my father purportedly died from a heart attack (but they never figured that out)

I do believe that through healthy dieting and inner peace, genetic predispositions can be beaten.

Edited by Tatsumaru

Hair loss is caused by the hormone DHT. The commonest cause of high DHT is sexual activity, so you'll greatly need to cut down on sex and masturbation as much as possible. Even if you don't have a genetic susceptibility for hair loss, you will indeed have hair loss--and even go bald--if you are too sexual.

I was having hair loss, so I started taking Finasteride. I take five times the standard dose that other men take, and I highly recommend it. Finasteride, when sold for hair loss, isn't covered by your insurance, because hair loss is a cosmetic problem. So convince your doctor that you have BPH (swollen prostate). That way, you'll be taking the hyper-elevated dose, and because it's treating a medical problem, you'll be getting it for free.

That's what I do. I take five times the recommended dose and I've never paid a single penny for it.

Finasteride has no side effects, and has many health benefits: My friends have noticed that my beard is much lighter and my complexion has greatly improved (no more pimples and my skin is radiant).

Hair loss is caused by the hormone DHT. The commonest cause of high DHT is sexual activity, so you'll greatly need to cut down on sex and masturbation as much as possible. Even if you don't have a genetic susceptibility for hair loss, you will indeed have hair loss--and even go bald--if you are too sexual.

I was having hair loss, so I started taking Finasteride. I take five times the standard dose that other men take, and I highly recommend it. Finasteride, when sold for hair loss, isn't covered by your insurance, because hair loss is a cosmetic problem. So convince your doctor that you have BPH (swollen prostate). That way, you'll be taking the hyper-elevated dose, and because it's treating a medical problem, you'll be getting it for free.

That's what I do. I take five times the recommended dose and I've never paid a single penny for it.

Finasteride has no side effects, and has many health benefits: My friends have noticed that my beard is much lighter and my complexion has greatly improved (no more pimples and my skin is radiant).

You really take 5 times the standard dose of Propecia? That's crazy. I tried propecia once and noticed it was messing with my sex drive - so I stopped. I bet some of these herbal Propecia alternatives can be just as effective. The FDA only does their double blind studies on drugs - so people think drugs are the only things that work. The same with cancer - according to the FDA only drugs can cure cancer. There's a nutritional cure for cancer called Gerson therapy - and the FDA and the powers that be try and surpress this info.

It never fails to amaze me the lengths some men will go to in an effort to keep a bit of thatch on their roof.

Anyone considering the use of Finasteride for hair loss should take a careful look at the following paying special attention to the section "Adverse Side effects".

Finasteride

Anytime someone tries to improve themselves in anyway - these techniques can lead a person to higher states of consciousness. Doesn't matter if they are trying to lose weight, regrow hair, manifest a new job...it's all the same. When somebody concentrates on growing more hair - this can be a spiritual technique. They learn that they have control over their body. Someone on a hair growth program might start visualizing more, or meditating more...All good things. They might meet someone in a hair loss clinic who recomends a certain meditation technique - and the person might become enlightened. A person could cure their baldness - gain some confidence - and then one day use the same mindset to cure themselves of cancer. Maybe they will regrow more hair - and attract a hot spiritual wife - and the hot wife teaches the man tantra. The man could one day become enlightened because of this.

• Like 1

It never fails to amaze me the lengths some men will go to in an effort to keep a bit of thatch on their roof.

Anyone considering the use of Finasteride for hair loss should take a careful look at the following paying special attention to the section "Adverse Side effects".

Finasteride

Once a person stops striving for perfection he might as well be dead. Healthy looks are natural and to think that hair loss is a mere cosmetic problem would be rather weird as biochemically hair is the best indicator of a person's overall health. There are many physiological reasons for hair loss different from excess DHT. Since I'm already familiar with them I denoted in the beginning I did not want to talk medicine. Taking a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor doesn't mean that you'll only prevent DHT binding to your hair follicles but decrease the overall levels of DHT in your body as well. Now you might see that as benefitial as prostate enlargenment and male pattern baldness plus more are attributed to excess DHT. At the same time taking 5 time the recommended dose means your DHT will diminish to sub-optimal levels which will throw your free testosterone:dht:estrogen ratio out of the window. This in the long term will result in dramatic increase in the likelihood of male breast cancer, possible gynecomastia, skin thickening, diabetes and more. The funny thing is that a simple caffeine concentrate shampoo like Doppel Effekt by Alpecin will deal with DHT locally, so Propecia for hair loss is a definite overkill and I'm talking at the regular dose.

Anytime someone tries to improve themselves in anyway - these techniques can lead a person to higher states of consciousness. Doesn't matter if they are trying to lose weight, regrow hair, manifest a new job...it's all the same. When somebody concentrates on growing more hair - this can be a spiritual technique. They learn that they have control over their body. Someone on a hair growth program might start visualizing more, or meditating more...All good things. They might meet someone in a hair loss clinic who recomends a certain meditation technique - and the person might become enlightened. A person could cure their baldness - gain some confidence - and then one day use the same mindset to cure themselves of cancer. Maybe they will regrow more hair - and attract a hot spiritual wife - and the hot wife teaches the man tantra. The man could one day become enlightened because of this.

I totally agree. Tiny bits and details create the bigger picture.

Once a person stops striving for perfection he might as well be dead. Healthy looks are natural and to think that hair loss is a mere cosmetic problem would be rather weird as biochemically hair is the best indicator of a person's overall health. There are many physiological reasons for hair loss different from excess DHT. Since I'm already familiar with them I denoted in the beginning I did not want to talk medicine. Taking a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor doesn't mean that you'll only prevent DHT binding to your hair follicles but decrease the overall levels of DHT in your body as well. Now you might see that as benefitial as prostate enlargenment and male pattern baldness plus more are attributed to excess DHT. At the same time taking 5 time the recommended dose means your DHT will diminish to sub-optimal levels which will throw your free testosterone:dht:estrogen ratio out of the window. This in the long term will result in dramatic increase in the likelihood of male breast cancer, possible gynecomastia, skin thickening, diabetes and more. The funny thing is that a simple caffeine concentrate shampoo like Doppel Effekt by Alpecin will deal with DHT locally, so Propecia for hair loss is a definite overkill and I'm talking at the regular dose.

First, propecia is not economical,...buy finasteride and divide into 4 (1.25mg). I've heard of no instances of breast cancer or the thickening of skin,...instead, there is a reduced likelihood of prostate cancer and thinning of the skin (an estrogen trait). In addition, 1.25mg finasteride could increase a males life span by 3-7 years, thus competitive with the life span of a healthy female. In addition,...using an herb such as White Kwao Krua along with finasteride, would also lower testosterone, thus stress,...although there would be an increased likelihood of breast development and fat redistribution similiar to females.

For older males who have experienced it,...the so-called adverse affects of feminizing drugs and herbs, are more pleasurable than not. It is usually younger males, who want a manly physique who see feminizing drugs and herbs as adverse. But hey, what is more manly than male-pattern-baldness? It is a sign of high testostrerone. Whereas full hair on males is a sign of low T, and sexual inadequacy,...which is perhaps why many females seek males with full youthful hair. LOL

First, propecia is not economical,...buy finasteride and divide into 4 (1.25mg). I've heard of no instances of breast cancer or the thickening of skin,...instead, there is a reduced likelihood of prostate cancer and thinning of the skin (an estrogen trait). In addition, 1.25mg finasteride could increase a males life span by 3-7 years, thus competitive with the life span of a healthy female. In addition,...using an herb such as White Kwao Krua along with finasteride, would also lower testosterone, thus stress,...although there would be an increased likelihood of breast development and fat redistribution similiar to females.

For older males who have experienced it,...the so-called adverse affects of feminizing drugs and herbs, are more pleasurable than not. It is usually younger males, who want a manly physique who see feminizing drugs and herbs as adverse. But hey, what is more manly than male-pattern-baldness? It is a sign of high testostrerone. Whereas full hair on males is a sign of low T, and sexual inadequacy,...which is perhaps why many females seek males with full youthful hair. LOL

Thinning of the skin is a sign of low estrogen. You misunderstood something that you've read.

There is no such thing like females preffering bald men more often than not. MPB is only a sign of hormone inadequacy, not of sexual one. It would seem rather counter-productive for a female to settle for a less healthier man because he's less healthier when all females are hardwired to do is to seek the best male gene they can hope to opt for their infant.

As I said lower testosterone in males is associated with diabetes and accumulation of visceral fat and coronary disease. Nothing good ever came out of low testosterone in males, hence the hormone replacement therapies. It is absolutely not true that Propecia is not associated with gynecomastia since DHT is one of the male hormones that is responsible for the inhibition of the aromatase enzyme, hence the medications for breast cancer like Masteron which are DHT-derived.

Edited by Tatsumaru

Propecia has caused irreversible sexual dysfunction in thousands of men, just have a peek at propeciahelp.com. As far as I know there is no known cure for balding in any medical system, Eastern or Western. Asians are genetically less prone to balding, its not because of their lifestyles and diet. Its well documented on pubmed.

While there is literally an endless list of supplements purported to help if you're losing your hair now I'd just eventually learn to accept the fact that you will one day be bald. Life could be much worse than simply not having hair.

Propecia has caused irreversible sexual dysfunction in thousands of men, just have a peek at propeciahelp.com. As far as I know there is no known cure for balding in any medical system, Eastern or Western. Asians are genetically less prone to balding, its not because of their lifestyles and diet. Its well documented on pubmed.

While there is literally an endless list of supplements purported to help if you're losing your hair now I'd just eventually learn to accept the fact that you will one day be bald. Life could be much worse than simply not having hair.

I never knew why people tend to see "Why can be so much worse" all the time as if the point is to suffer as much as possible ? Other than that I do agree that Finasteride sucks.

There is no such thing as feminizing drug as the same hormones play different roles in both sexes. This of course does not mean that injecting yourself with estrogen won't result in the upbringing of some feminine traits. For example too high estrogen will result in increased libido but erectile dysfunction in men, while increased testosterone in females will result in abnormal libido. Again it's a good thing to understand that libido and sexual performance are different matters. One of the main reasons for that is that estrogen receptors in both sexes are not symmetrical.

Edited by Tatsumaru

There is no such thing as feminizing drug as the same hormones play different roles in both sexes. This of course does not mean that injecting yourself with estrogen won't result in the upbringing of some feminine traits.

That is incorrect. There are common herbs, especially when taken together, will feminize the male body,...that is, promote mammary glands or breast development, expansion of the nipples and areola, redistribution of body fat causing a more pronounced waist and fleshier hips and buttocks, shift in facial appearance due to fat redistribution, lessen bodily hair growth (except for facial hair), alters pheromones to a more feminine scent, increase in full body orgasms, softened skin, etc.

An example of such an herbal formula would included: Dong Quai 800 mg; White Kwao Krua 220 mg; Black Cohesh 440 mg; Red Peony 240 mg; Chaste Tree 500 mg; Dandelion 160 mg; Motherwort 40 mg; Fenugreek 40 mg;

Nettle 160 mg; Fennel 40 mg; Licorice 40 mg. Such formulas are available under the names Feminol and Evanesce, with proven results.

After 2-5 years on such a regime (that is, depending on typical female puberty time for ones genetics) a male could successfully induce lactation with the use of domperidone to decrease dopamine production and thus increase prolactin secretion.

Pharmacuetical feminization has far too much stress on the organs, and those who go that route appear to have a substantially lower life expectancy. Herbal feminization appears to dove-tail the life expectancy of traditional females.

I agree however, that different herbs act differently in males and females. For example, although Saw Palmetto has been for breast growth in women, in a male bodied person it converts to testosterone. No male wishing to feminize should use Saw Palmetto.

V

I never knew why people tend to see "Why can be so much worse" all the time as if the point is to suffer as much as possible ? Other than that I do agree that Finasteride sucks.

There is no such thing as feminizing drug as the same hormones play different roles in both sexes. This of course does not mean that injecting yourself with estrogen won't result in the upbringing of some feminine traits. For example too high estrogen will result in increased libido but erectile dysfunction in men, while increased testosterone in females will result in abnormal libido. Again it's a good thing to understand that libido and sexual performance are different matters. One of the main reasons for that is that estrogen receptors in both sexes are not symmetrical.

The idea is not to suffer as much as possible, but you must understand that in some cases there is nothing you can do, this is one of those cases. Minoxidil and Propecia work but both have a host of side effects and even then, they do not work forever and you will eventually still go bald. It's only a delaying of the inevitable.

The only way you can truly escape balding is to have a hair transplant which will set you back thousands of dollars.

I agree however, that different herbs act differently in males and females. For example, although Saw Palmetto has been for breast growth in women, in a male bodied person it converts to testosterone. No male wishing to feminize should use Saw Palmetto.

V

You do realize that Saw Palmetto is one of the most famous herbal supplements to act as 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and to be used as a potential profilcatic agent against prostate enlargement issues.

But there is some contradiction here as DHT is known to cause testicular atrophy, and testes are the organs which produce testosterone, which means that using saw palmetto will probably decrease testicular atrophy and indirectly help restore testosterone levels, but then numerous studies show that saw palmetto actually decreases endogenous testosterone production and that's why a lot of bodybuilders stopped using it in their post cycle treatment periods. Go figure.

@Mantis, I just lost some hair due to stress, hairs entangling and over-combing. I'm not prone to MPB so I don't think I'll ever go bald. I just want to restore some damaged hairs that is.

Edited by Tatsumaru

Saw Palmetto works great for this, but only in combination. I've seen people have AMAZING results with the following formula, combined with the appropriate dietary and lifestyle adjustments. You can find this in almost any health food store. Just be sure to take 2-3x the dosage on the bottle for good effect.

Equal parts extract of -

Nettle Rhizome

Pygeum

Saw Palmetto

Take a lot of this every day, and you will see a huge improvement. It works as well as Propecia, while GREATLY enhancing your hormonal and prostate health rather than undermining them.

Amla fruit is a popular ayurvedic treatment for MPB that works wonders as well. Additionally, getting some blood building and kidney tonifying herbs in your system on a daily basis will go a long way toward addressing the root of the problem. Don't expect miracles though if you aren't willing to slow down, de-stress, and give up the bad habits that burn the candle at both ends.

-jd

You do realize that Saw Palmetto is one of the most famous herbal supplements to act as 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and to be used as a potential profilcatic agent against prostate enlargement issues.

But there is some contradiction here as DHT is known to cause testicular atrophy, and testes are the organs which produce testosterone, which means that using saw palmetto will probably decrease testicular atrophy and indirectly help restore testosterone levels, but then numerous studies show that saw palmetto actually decreases endogenous testosterone production and that's why a lot of bodybuilders stopped using it in their post cycle treatment periods. Go figure.

@Mantis, I just lost some hair due to stress, hairs entangling and over-combing. I'm not prone to MPB so I don't think I'll ever go bald. I just want to restore some damaged hairs that is.