mantis

Secret of the Golden Flower

Cleary, by far, IMO.

Cleary has more positive reviews on Amazon but I figured Welhelm living in China for so long would've produced a better end product?

Wilhelm doesn't translate the whole thing, and his translation is colored by his teacher who was helping him. Further, Wilhelm translated from Chinese to German, which was then translated into English. Also, WIlhelm uses strange Christian and Jungian words, such as anima and animus.

Bottom line, Wilhelm's translation teaches a version of the MCO and Cleary's teaches a version of awareness training.

Cleary has more positive reviews on Amazon but I figured Welhelm living in China for so long would've produced a better end product?

• Like 1

There's not many of them, but there is a podcast called 'The Golden Flower Podcast'. Its free, somewhat self promoting, but has some interesting thoughts by someone who's gone through it.

Thanks, I was searching for that thread but I thought it was in the book club. That thread seems to turn into a disaster in the later pages, though, so I'll keep this one open instead.

Whats Eva Wongs translation called?

Wilhelm included a translation of parts of a text called the Huiming Jing in his edition of The Secret of the Golden Flower. Eva Wong translated the Huiming Jing as Cultivating the Energy of Life. I am not aware of any translation she did of The Secret of the Golden Flower.

• Like 1

Wilhelm included a translation of parts of a text called the Huiming Jing in his edition of The Secret of the Golden Flower. Eva Wong translated the Huiming Jing as Cultivating the Energy of Life. I am not aware of any translation she did of The Secret of the Golden Flower.

Word. I was just about to make a new thread for this. I guess it will do well here though:

Translation and commentary of Hui Ming Jing by James Micheal Nicholson.

Makes some very interesting points about translation of this work.

Word. I was just about to make a new thread for this. I guess it will do well here though:

Translation and commentary of Hui Ming Jing by James Micheal Nicholson.

Makes some very interesting points about translation of this work.

Thanks for the link.

I was always intrigued about this part of the Wilhelm book and wasn't aware of another translation and commentary.

This is excellent.