Sign in to follow this  
Starjumper

Jumping into eternity

glory.jpg

This is called a Glory, rarely seen before the advent of airplanes. Sometimes Taoist monks standing on a foggy mountaintop with the sun behind them would see their shadow inside a glory and think it was their god and jump off the mountain into it's arms.

YIPPEEEEEEEEEeee

Edited by Starjumper7

Hmmn, I think I see them quite often, while I'm on the ground. I see little circles of rainbowish light in cloud formations, mostly 90 degrees from the sun. They don't move. I think its a fairly common phenomena, I've never had a name for it, other then circle rainbows.

Michael

This is called a Glory, rarely seen before the advent of airplanes. Sometimes Taoist monks standing on a foggy mountaintop with the sun behind them would see their shadow inside a glory and think it was their god and jump off the mountain into it's arms.

The end stage of alchemy is often called "Jumping into Eternity" as I am sure you know. It starts with a vision of flaming cross with yin/yang like symbols in its arms and all that surrounded by a rainbow radiance and more little crosses. When you see it externalized and golden your supposed to pass through it using your intent. Thats aweful to hear folks have jumped into rainbows off mountains. Understandable though.

Hmmn, I think I see them quite often, while I'm on the ground. I see little circles of rainbowish light in cloud formations, mostly 90 degrees from the sun. They don't move. I think its a fairly common phenomena, I've never had a name for it, other then circle rainbows.

Hi Michael, there are many different solar diffraction effects, but the particular one I am refering to here only happens when the sun is directly behind you and fog or mist is in front of you and you see your shadow inside the circles at the same time. In fact you can tell exactly where the photographer was sitting on the aircraft because the circles are centered on the observer's eyes. Therefore, to our Taoist monk on the mountain top it would look like his shadow had a big aura around the head.

The end stage of alchemy is often called "Jumping into Eternity" as I am sure you know. It starts with a vision of flaming cross with yin/yang like symbols in its arms and all that surrounded by a rainbow radiance and more little crosses. When you see it externalized and golden your supposed to pass through it using your intent. Thats aweful to hear folks have jumped into rainbows off mountains. Understandable though.

I didn't know it was called jumping into eterntiy, at least not consioulsy. I think I fell into the abyss :)

Thank you for the description.

Edited by Starjumper7

If your seeing rainbows during/after gung thats a strong clue your doing something right. What a perfect place for mediation, a mountain in which the sun is rising & mist all around. Feng Shui in action & stillness.

Edited by Spectrum

Newbie Tao bums having a discussion about jumping into rainbows? I like it. Darin, I love that description. No, I do not think people here have heard if phrased in this way before. You come from a funny lineage. Give us more details like that!

Spectrum, whats your past training been like?

Sign in to follow this